Hogo predictions

Pioneer

10 minutes ago, Hard Hitter said:

All I know is after watching the taz bulldog radio newtork on facebook Tazewell might want to cancel the Riverheads game or ask to play JV. They will smoke you all by 70!!!

That was a one minute clip.  You have no idea what they did at practice.  Quit throwing shade on the first day of practice based on a one minute clip from a radio crew. I'm sure you could tell a whole lot from that and judge an entire program for that.   Gold Grief, enough is enough.  Good luck to your team.

On 7/28/2022 at 6:11 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

If folks want to talk trash about other teams, then I suggest to start your own thread and call it the "I have nothing better to do then talk crap about other teams thread".  Good Lord.  Isnt this supposed to be about the Hogo anyway?

It's definitely supposed to be about the hogo. So back to the topic. I heard Lebanon had 55 show up for practice. I also heard that some of the better athletes in the school who weren't playing football before are playing this year. Lebanon may be in for a huge improvement this year from last seasons 2-8 record if everything  continues to come together. I'm thinking they get at least 6 wins, and who knows maybe be the surprise team in the hogo this year. 

Just wondering , Graham first team defense only gave up 2 TD’s all year to SWD foes. None to Tazewell or Richlands. So obviously stats / predictions are very skewed. Stats don’t always show impact on the game. Yards and receptions don’t mean much when your offense gets shut out. 

30 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

Just wondering , Graham first team defense only gave up 2 TD’s all year to SWD foes. None to Tazewell or Richlands. So obviously stats / predictions are very skewed. Stats don’t always show impact on the game. Yards and receptions don’t mean much when your offense gets shut out. 

Is this in reference to all they hype Tazewell offense is getting with their dink and dunk 1.6 air yard completion percentage that they are bragging about?

2 hours ago, Gmen2021 said:

Graham did that to most opponents.  As you mentioned, only 2 td's allowed to SWD foes.   I am a big Graham fan when not a Tazewell fan, but not every team has the luxury of athletes wanting to play for them at the moment and players that have totally bought into the program. This is a Hogo thread, however.

20 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

"1.6 air yard completion percentage"  .....yeah, that's crap.  Can I plead for the "hammer" if this crap continues?

Hammer? whats the hammer? and go watch is was not much more than that. if that. so if someone doesnt agree with you, you want the so called HAMMER dropped what ever that might be!! good grief. 

19 minutes ago, Hard Hitter said:

Hammer? whats the hammer? and go watch is was not much more than that. if that. so if someone doesnt agree with you, you want the so called HAMMER dropped what ever that might be!! good grief. 

They are doing the best they can with the talent they have, that's all they can do.  The line play wasn't a strong point last year and they were forced to throw the ball a lot.  I think they got the most they could out of it.  I do think they will be improved this year and 7-3 and dangerous by the end of the season is not out of the question.  The line needs time to develop this year.  They have some very tough contests early on and will probably have to throw the ball around against the teams with superior lines (like Graham).  

Now Im doing what I accused othera of doing... Sorry Hogo folks, I'll let you folks try to get this thread back on track.  .

3 hours ago, Pioneer said:

It's definitely supposed to be about the hogo. So back to the topic. I heard Lebanon had 55 show up for practice. I also heard that some of the better athletes in the school who weren't playing football before are playing this year. Lebanon may be in for a huge improvement this year from last seasons 2-8 record if everything  continues to come together. I'm thinking they get at least 6 wins, and who knows maybe be the surprise team in the hogo this year. 

Hope you are correct about that!!  Gotta pull forna former SWD team.

I don’t know a ton about who has what coming back from last year Lebanon sounds like they are going to have the largest roster. Rural Retreat is always A tough team to beat. PH and Holston have had some recent success. But Chilhowie is going to be the team to beat IMO until they have more than one bad year in a row. Coach Robinson always has those boys ready to play I honestly though they would be down for a while after their second trip to Salem because the talent way going to be gone but they find ways to stay in the hunt for the hogo every year. 

On 7/31/2022 at 1:37 PM, Jags52 said:

I don’t know a ton about who has what coming back from last year Lebanon sounds like they are going to have the largest roster. Rural Retreat is always A tough team to beat. PH and Holston have had some recent success. But Chilhowie is going to be the team to beat IMO until they have more than one bad year in a row. Coach Robinson always has those boys ready to play I honestly though they would be down for a while after their second trip to Salem because the talent way going to be gone but they find ways to stay in the hunt for the hogo every year. 

I just saw a media day picture of Lebanon. I counted close to 60 total players between JV and varsity. The Varsity is the largest I've seen in years at Lebanon. I'm guessing 40 plus on the Varsity this year. That is a major improvement from 3 or 4 years ago when they had maybe 28. I do know they will have at least 15 seniors this year. Things could be looking up for LHS football in 2022. 

On 8/8/2022 at 9:59 AM, Tigers_07 said:

BTW, How long has it been since Honaker moved to another district, does anyone know what district honaker has been in throughout the years

honaker was in the clinch valley district in the 70's,  the black diamond broke off in 79 i think and honaker went to the hogo,   honaker joined the BDD around 88, 89, 90 range.  i think the clinch valley district consisted basically all the BDD schools and hogo schools when the BDD schools broke off and it formed

3 hours ago, Hokie Bound said:

1.  Chilhowie

2.  Patrick Henry

3.  Rural Retreat

4.  Lebanon

5.  Northwood

6.  Holston

No way Holston finishes last. They thoroughly outplayed Rural Retreat. They’re short on depth, but if they can stay healthy, they finish 3rd at worst, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

No way Holston finishes last. They thoroughly outplayed Rural Retreat. They’re short on depth, but if they can stay healthy, they finish 3rd at worst, IMO. 

Agreed that have the great Chris Akers at the helm! Lol

16 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

probably not. Nothing would surprise me in the Hogo this year.