Who's Gonna Be the Best in Region 1D?

ImFromOutEast

5 hours ago, redtiger said:

I don't think Region 1D has a favorite. Grundy or Patrick Henry would be my pick to be region champs but neither has what it takes to make it past the State Semis

A lot of seeding implications potentially in the opening week in Region D Class 1 with Grundy and PH facing each other right off the bat.

15 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

A lot of seeding implications potentially in the opening week in Region D Class 1 with Grundy and PH facing each other right off the bat.

Absolutely, I’ll be watching the PH/ Grundy game as I think that is the premier matchup of the two best teams in the region.  Grundy hasn’t overly impressed me but I know they haven’t really fed the ball to stud RB like they will.  He will be the deciding factor.  He gets loose and Grundy wins.

6 hours ago, redtiger said:

I don't think Region 1D has a favorite. Grundy or Patrick Henry would be my pick to be region champs but neither has what it takes to make it past the State Semis

Excellent point. Don't see a dominant team in 1D just several teams that could beat each other on a good night.

I think Honaker has a great shot to win the region. I know nothing about Galax but im assuming they will meet the region D winner but whoever comes out from this side of the bracket will be runner up to Class 2 Riverheads

28 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Aidan Lowe kid can be a game changer for the Tigers.  I’m assuming Tiller will find a way to get him the ball.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:03 PM, Jags52 said:

I think Honaker has a great shot to win the region. I know nothing about Galax but im assuming they will meet the region D winner but whoever comes out from this side of the bracket will be runner up to Class 2 Riverheads

Lebanon just beat Honaker 19 to 13, so does that mean the Pioneers are now contenders in the region? I think people have underestimated the Pioneers,  but we will see as the season progresses. 

19 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

Lebanon just beat Honaker 19 to 13, so does that mean the Pioneers are now contenders in the region? I think people have underestimated the Pioneers,  but we will see as the season progresses. 

I am not too big to admit I was wrong on this one. From what I read it sounds like Lebanon was much improved with high numbers and a QB that can sling they have a chance. I was worried about the Q being a freshman honestly but you can blame anyone for underestimating the Pioneers based on what they did last year after dropping down a division. I honestly think 1D is wide open.

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

I am not too big to admit I was wrong on this one. From what I read it sounds like Lebanon was much improved with high numbers and a QB that can sling they have a chance. I was worried about the Q being a freshman honestly but you can blame anyone for underestimating the Pioneers based on what they did last year after dropping down a division. I honestly think 1D is wide open.

I agree, the Pioneers want to fly under the radar as much as possible. They could have put at least 30+ on the Tigers last night. They missed 3 opportunities to score inside the 5. Honaker was lucky they were even in the game. The Freshman QB and WR are both studs, and will only improve with varsity experience.