Ridgeview @ Grundy

SwvaOG

The Wolfpack travel to Nelson Field to take on the Golden Wave.  Once every five years Grundy hatches from a cocoon and sports a Notre Dame replica uniform.  Is this the year??  And do they have a shot Friday night?  Will their run oriented offense test the front seven of RV???

4 minutes ago, Observer said:

IMO this one might be close for a quarter if Grundy can put together a couple decent drives and run some clock.  Ridgeview is just a better team, not a knock on Grundy.

I agree.  Grundy will run and try to shorten the game which could make it uncomfortable for a quarter or 1.5 quarters.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see some long grass on the field for the Golden Wave.  😂

I dont think its close Grudy wont have any of the top 6 players on the field Ridgeview just has way too much talent for Grundy. If they get the ball first and can get a first down or 2 then maybe its not too ugly early but that clock will be running by the second half

Three things are for certain:

1. Pack football team win by a lot.
  2. Pack football fans will be deaf for the next week after this game from the horrible PA system blaring music at a million decibels.
  3. Grundy PA announcer will complain and try to influence the refs about some holding call that wasn't called.

With that said, Ridgeview wins something like 56-7.

Just watching RV the other night I got the feeling there a special team this year. Obviously there were things that needs work but over all they were very impressive. Fast hard hitting defense, offense that you just felt could score anytime they wanted, even the field goal kicker was perfect on the night. If they can work on some minor things and stay focused and healthy they will do just fine.

5 minutes ago, RichlandsGod05 said:

Grundy's backs will run all over Ridgeview. I got Grundy 21 to 14

Upset alert???

I have no doubt that Grundy will gain some yards on the ground, but that won't equate to enough points on the board. The Pack rolls.

19 minutes ago, Rams75 said:

I doubt Grundy runs all over them they struggled some what running on PH. Ridgeview will toss the pill around with ease. 

I agree; however, I think PH is  bigger than RV in the trenches.  Rebels got some good size, especially for a 1A. RV’s defense looks small but they are athletic and fast.  They need to improve swarming to the ball though. 

48 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I agree; however, I think PH is  bigger than RV in the trenches.  Rebels got some good size, especially for a 1A. RV’s defense looks small but they are athletic and fast.  They need to improve swarming to the ball though. 

That's exactly why I am going with Grundy on this one.

19 minutes ago, RichlandsGod05 said:

That's exactly why I am going with Grundy on this one.

Not sure how Grundy stops RV’s offense though. RV will load the box to stop the run and play 1 safety.