Week 6 Scores/Updates

SWVAgridiron

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

They may be, but Bluefield is also just… bad. That’s not a good football team. 

Don’t tell some of these guys that.. Bluefield is a “top 4 team” that could play in a state championship. Bluefield is down this year and probably won’t even make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

44 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Leave Council out of this for the sake of God.....

Council is undefeated since 1995, and that’s something to be proud of! 

(Seriously though, props to Council for coming out and giving every last scrap of effort to field a team those 4 years.  It’s not easy to build a program from scratch with established powers already there.)

Clemens is one of if not the best RB in the area and he showed again tonight. GW isn’t some pushover, but Grahams big plays won the night. I wouldn’t say they wore anyone down when every score was a 70+ yard TD run. I mean cmon now, not exactly long time consuming cram it down your throat drives. But whatever if you wanna count that as being correct have at it lol. But seems like most Graham folk were impressed with GW and felt like it was a very tight game until Clemens broke loose twice. 

If you have a running back that special, you get him the ball 15 or more times for him to average 3.5 yards per carry for 13 of those 15 touches. It's the other 2 out of the 15 touches that makes him DIFFERENT from his peers. He's housing 2 of those, and that's a major threat to have. Bluefield Daily said Clements rushed for 273 yds on GW. That's a LOT of yards on the ground. What I've noticed about him is that he hits the hole at seemingly full speed. Is at full speed in just a few steps. Kid is explosively fast.

He's listed at 160. If...IF he could put on 20 lbs between now and his senior year next August, colleges may come calling. I wish Graham fans would post his numbers through 6 games. This kid is probably going to be flirting with 2000 yds in the 10 game regular season. If Graham wins in the playoffs and makes it far enough, you may see him flirting with 3000 by the times it's over. That's also a credit to Grahams very solid OL.

22 games, 130 total points, Oct 25, 2019. Blacksburg High has lost 22 straight games and has not won a football game since Oct 25, 2019, nearly 3 years. During this time, they have averaged about 6 points per game scored. They aren't just losing. They are getting blown completely out of the stadium more times than not.

Blacksburg is an enigma. They have more resources than any other school division on this end of the state not found in Roanoke. Dave Crist was there for 137 years. The first few decades were great. The last decade under Crist was laughable.

I’m not convinced they knew what they were getting when they hired Wells and the last two hires were borderline criminal. 

When Wells left, Blacksburg hired a coach with a career 5-35 record in 4 seasons as a head coach. I’m not sure they improved by hiring Leonard. 

I don’t think Blacksburg cares about football. 

8 hours ago, SWVAfootballman said:

Don’t tell some of these guys that.. Bluefield is a “top 4 team” that could play in a state championship. Bluefield is down this year and probably won’t even make the playoffs. 

I'll be the first to admit that I thought Bluefield would be a tough team to beat. I based my opinion on the Graham game. Unfortunately for them they ayed their best game of the year in August. So yes I'm here to eat my serving of crow. I'd like some A1 sauce to go with it if that's ok.

17 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Blacksburg is an enigma. They have more resources than any other school division on this end of the state not found in Roanoke. Dave Crist was there for 137 years. The first few decades were great. The last decade under Crist was laughable.

I’m not convinced they knew what they were getting when they hired Wells and the last two hires were borderline criminal. 

When Wells left, Blacksburg hired a coach with a career 5-35 record in 4 seasons as a head coach. I’m not sure they improved by hiring Leonard. 

I don’t think Blacksburg cares about football. 

Don't underestimate Leonard. He came in as defensive coordinator at Glenvar right before they turned that program around and started being a yearly powerhouse. Then he went to Christiansburg as defensive coordinator. Christiansburg's program was down for quite awhile at that time. Once he got there, they turned that program around and have been very tough the last 4 or 5 years. Participation numbers fell off big time at Blacksburg the last couple years. If Leonard can get those numbers up are get the right players to start playing football again, he might be okay. Time will tell

19 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

Don't underestimate Leonard. He came in as defensive coordinator at Glenvar right before they turned that program around and started being a yearly powerhouse. Then he went to Christiansburg as defensive coordinator. Christiansburg's program was down for quite awhile at that time. Once he got there, they turned that program around and have been very tough the last 4 or 5 years. Participation numbers fell off big time at Blacksburg the last couple years. If Leonard can get those numbers up are get the right players to start playing football again, he might be okay. Time will tell

The little bit I’ve seen of Blacksburg, they have to get stronger, much stronger. They get manhandled at every position on the field. 

Blacksburg has advantages 95% of schools on this end of the state simply don’t have. The question with Blacksburg has always been, can the ship be driven between the buoys while navigating Blacksburg politics. If folks in SWVA think Abingdon is a political nightmare, spend a week in Blacksburg. 

10 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

So what are you saying about Richlands?🤔

We are also not a good football team. I didn’t realize that was in question 😂

It’s why I laughed so hard ar Bluefield players flipping off students and flexing at our sideline last week. They beat a bad football team — flexing is unnecessary haha. 

12 hours ago, SWVAfootballman said:

So, You are talking about statements made after week 3 and before their best player went down to season ending injury.  Move on.  News flash, WV AA usually only has a few quality 2A teams in the playoffs.  I believe that was the main point.  Not hyping up Bluefield, but talking about the lack of depth of the field.  

2 hours ago, TRidge said:

Blacksburg is a country club school where kids are more into cross country, golf, soccer and what prinoun they want used. Nick Saban couldnt win there

I know the whole golf team at Blacksburg. I’d bet money they are tougher than the entire football team. They put in as much or more work than any football team in SWVA. 

Just because kids are into other sports/activities besides football isn’t something negative. There are enough kids in that school interested in football to field a solid football program. As evidenced by the state championships they have won in the past. 

Strawman arguments don’t belong in this conversation. 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

We are also not a good football team. I didn’t realize that was in question 😂

It’s why I laughed so hard ar Bluefield players flipping off students and flexing at our sideline last week. They beat a bad football team — flexing is unnecessary haha. 

Just giving you a hard time lol

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Oh I know lol. But I’m sure some of our fans actually do think we are a good team lol. 

And some of them think the problem is entirely the coaches. I think as long as there is a little improvement each week no matter how much, that’s a win at this point for the Blues. It’s going to take time as in more than one season. Some folks won’t be satisfied unless a coach can give them instant “glory days” back! True fans support the program, coaches, &  players through the drought. Just my humble opinion 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

I know the whole golf team at Blacksburg. I’d bet money they are tougher than the entire football team. They put in as much or more work than any football team in SWVA. 

Just because kids are into other sports/activities besides football isn’t something negative. There are enough kids in that school interested in football to field a solid football program. As evidenced by the state championships they have won in the past. 

Strawman arguments don’t belong in this conversation. 

Never said other sports werent viable or the kids that played thrm not tough or hardworking. I agree golf team probably is tougher as that is a verry low bar. Saying there is a great football team walking the halls of BHS because they were good 5 years ago is as laughable as their record the last 3 years. 

I will circle back in a year when they are still winless.