Tazewell Vs Bluefield

bulldog05-CO2017

53 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Actually the math says they will be in the playoffs on 85% of the possible outcomes if they should finish 5-5. If they should beat Oak Hill and Ridgeview that brings a boat load of points, Tazewell will also bring a good amount of points if they win.

They aren’t beating Ridgeview. I’d bet the farm on that. I don’t think they beat Tazewell, either. 

It’s going to be a tough road test for the dawgs. Playing at Mitchell is always a tough task it’s self. If Tazewell can get the hiccups on defense straightened out I think Tazewell can pull off the win. In the end I think Bluefield may squeak this one out by one or two scores unless the defense shows up for the dawgs.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Tazewell needs to figure out it's defense or Bluefield might pull the upset. Defense was very lacking against Richlands. They need to find the D that showed up against the Riverheads. 

That defensive failure was almost exclusively due to the failure of Tazewell’s DEs to seal the edges and work inside.  When #2 was kept inside and forced to tuck-and-run, he only gained between 2-4 yards on average.  When he got outside, he took advantage of what were essentially 2-on-1 matchups with slot receivers.  Either choice Tazewell’s LBs made were wrong.  

This should be fixable with a good week of practice.  It should be a nice game Friday evening, but one that is nip-and-tuck all the way.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

That defensive failure was almost exclusively due to the failure of Tazewell’s DEs to seal the edges and work inside.  When #2 was kept inside and forced to tuck-and-run, he only gained between 2-4 yards on average.  When he got outside, he took advantage of what were essentially 2-on-1 matchups with slot receivers.  Either choice Tazewell’s LBs made were wrong.  

This should be fixable with a good week of practice.  It should be a nice game Friday evening, but one that is nip-and-tuck all the way.

Bluefield not having Hairston for Tazewell to worry about should at least be one plus the for defense which I truly hate for the kid. I really hate to see any athlete suffer any type of injury especially a season ending one. 

47 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I heard from a guy today at work that this is Jme Harris’s last year due to his kids playing college ball, but not sure if it’s true or not? Anyone know anything on this?

I’ve heard that same speculation but who knows. Everyone said Tarter wasn’t going to coach because his son was playing college ball but he’s still there. If Harris doesn’t come back, is there an assistant that would take the helm? 

7 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I heard from a guy today at work that this is Jme Harris’s last year due to his kids playing college ball, but not sure if it’s true or not? Anyone know anything on this?

This will always be the speculation, since Harris is from Michigan and has no “historic” ties to the area.  I’ve heard absolutely nothing to suggest he would leave after this year, and I think I would know if that were the case.  

Obviously, “never say never”, but I would be *very* surprised if it happened.  As good as this season’s team is, next season’s team projects better.  Tazewell loses very few seniors (Harris, 2 starting linemen, a few reserves) but returns everyone else.  Would be interesting timing indeed if that happened, as there’d be a team in place that could win and win now.

5 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

This will always be the speculation, since Harris is from Michigan and has no “historic” ties to the area.  I’ve heard absolutely nothing to suggest he would leave after this year, and I think I would know if that were the case.  

Obviously, “never say never”, but I would be *very* surprised if it happened.  As good as this season’s team is, next season’s team projects better.  Tazewell loses very few seniors (Harris, 2 starting linemen, a few reserves) but returns everyone else.  Would be interesting timing indeed if that happened, as there’d be a team in place that could win and win now.

Right. I think it would be kinda messed up if he did leave, the kids seem to like him and have confidence in him. He’d be leaving them high and dry, really. But glad to hear that!

12 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’ve heard that same speculation but who knows. Everyone said Tarter wasn’t going to coach because his son was playing college ball but he’s still there. If Harris doesn’t come back, is there an assistant that would take the helm? 

If Harris did leave, my best guess would be Brandon McDaniel taking over, but I honestly don’t know. 

3 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I genuinely thought Tazewell had a legit shot and thought that most of the board was on board with that. 

What in the world happened? 46-0 at one point? 

There's some explanations in score update feed from a couple of Tazewell folks. 

Bluefield is better than their record indicates. The only games they weren't really in were Indy and Princeton. The other losses were only decided by a few points and could've gone either way. Their schedule was absolutely brutal. I didn't think they were going to blow out Tazewell like they did but I was fairly certain they would win this one. 

Princeton game was 14-7 going into the 4th Q. Bluefield played for the first time since week 1 with most of their players. Only one missing was of course, Amir Hairston. Bluefield usually has the talent to replace running backs with solid runners. 

Talent always has the chance to show up for one day, and Bluefield still has talent on their football team. Ridgeview is NOT a sure win in Bluefield. Even with a bad record, Bluefield is still Bluefield in that they still have enough talent for one game to be dangerous, and danger happened last night and the talent showed up.  This example, this reason, last night's game is EXACTLY why Bluefield was still ranked in the local top 12 polls by some when they were 0-3, and why they are so respected. They still yield talent folks.

4 hours ago, CPF said:

Beaver is still beaver. A lot of folks forgot that. They are going to give Ridgeview all they want too.

Does Bluefield go to Ridgeview or do they play at Mitchell? Bluefield can defend the pass offense and they’ve got speed to burn; Fuller was on the money last night;  they may give Ridgeview a run for their money. It could turn into an upset. I’m not saying that happens but I dare say most people didn’t expect the game last night to turn out the way it did either. Records don’t always reflect accurately on a team. I said that once before on here in reference to Bluefield this season & was mocked by another board member. I still stand by that statement. Don’t count the Beavers out against Ridgeview! 

This one shocked me. Bluefield looked really bad against Richlands. I thought this would be a back and forth offensive showcase. Did Tazewell relax a little after the rivalry win last week?

32 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

This one shocked me. Bluefield looked really bad against Richlands. I thought this would be a back and forth offensive showcase. Did Tazewell relax a little after the rivalry win last week?

It was a perfect storm of calamity.

Some of it was that Tazewell’s had a pretty trying week as a program also.  Some of it was a lack of intensity after last week’s big win.  Some of it was the fact that Fuller had the game of his life at QB, hitting every WR on the numbers in stride.  Some of it was that Creasy had without question his worst game of the season and telegraphed passes, which is very uncommon for him.  

Aside from one 65-yard run, which was the direct result of a momentum swing, Tazewell bottled up Bluefield’s running game pretty well.  The secondary, though…difficult to watch.  

Conversely, Tazewell moved into Bluefield territory 9 times on the evening.  4 of those drives ended on turnovers and 2 more ended on 4th down stops.  

Bluefield executed nearly perfectly, and Tazewell wasn’t right from the opening kickoff.  Bluefield’s still Bluefield, and there’s a reason they played Graham to a 4-point game.  I think they’ll revert to the mean from here on out, but they were plenty superb last night.  My hat’s off to them.

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Does Bluefield go to Ridgeview or do they play at Mitchell? Bluefield can defend the pass offense and they’ve got speed to burn; Fuller was on the money last night;  they may give Ridgeview a run for their money. It could turn into an upset. I’m not saying that happens but I dare say most people didn’t expect the game last night to turn out the way it did either. Records don’t always reflect accurately on a team. I said that once before on here in reference to Bluefield this season & was mocked by another board member. I still stand by that statement. Don’t count the Beavers out against Ridgeview! 

It is here

5 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

It was a perfect storm of calamity.

Some of it was that Tazewell’s had a pretty trying week as a program also.  Some of it was a lack of intensity after last week’s big win.  Some of it was the fact that Fuller had the game of his life at QB, hitting every WR on the numbers in stride.  Some of it was that Creasy had without question his worst game of the season and telegraphed passes, which is very uncommon for him.  

Aside from one 65-yard run, which was the direct result of a momentum swing, Tazewell bottled up Bluefield’s running game pretty well.  The secondary, though…difficult to watch.  

Conversely, Tazewell moved into Bluefield territory 9 times on the evening.  4 of those drives ended on turnovers and 2 more ended on 4th down stops.  

Bluefield executed nearly perfectly, and Tazewell wasn’t right from the opening kickoff.  Bluefield’s still Bluefield, and there’s a reason they played Graham to a 4-point game.  I think they’ll revert to the mean from here on out, but they were plenty superb last night.  My hat’s off to them.

Haha