Week 8 Scores/Updates

Graham32

15 hours ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Grayson was practicing I know for a fact on June 17th in helmet and pads. What was Giles doing? Absolutely nothing is what they were doing. At best they were having a one of their 3 day a week if you want to participate weight lifting sessions?

Practicing June 17th in helmet & pads, is that even allowed by the VHSL? I thought there were specific time frames for beginning regular practice sessions & use of helmets/pads. I could be wrong just asking for someone to clarify. 

I don’t think coaches can force kids to lift weights in the off season. I think it’s optional. Once again, I could be wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Practicing June 17th in helmet & pads, is that even allowed by the VHSL? I thought there were specific time frames for beginning regular practice sessions & use of helmets/pads. I could be wrong just asking for someone to clarify. 

I don’t think coaches can force kids to lift weights in the off season. I think it’s optional. Once again, I could be wrong. 

I kinda figured that as well and asked a coach about it and was told they can practice anytime except during dead periods. 

9 hours ago, Stranger danger said:

I guess you're going to have to ask hokieboy his credentials again. According to him, only coaches should be allowed to post opinions on this board. So we need to see his resume. Last time you asked, he went AWOL pretty quick 

What the hell are you talking about? AWOL? I'm here every day

Where did I say only coaches can post? Uh nowhere 

I'm just tired of excuses...we aren't good PERIOD

49 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

What the hell are you talking about? AWOL? I'm here every day

Where did I say only coaches can post? Uh nowhere 

I'm just tired of excuses...we aren't good PERIOD

When wingman posted his experience and credentials and asked you to do the same, you wouldn't respond and pretty much left the conversation at that point. And everytime somebody has a different opinion than yours, your response is "why don't you coach" or something to that effect. So by that response, I figured you prefer only coaches should be posting here. That is only coaches, and you of course. And you're right, we're not that good.  But if somebody thinks there are things that this same group of kids can do, and be led to do, to make them better, then he's not wrong either. 

• GMan locked this topic