Week 8 Scores/Updates

Graham32

48 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Score might’ve been close but we totally dominated with the penalty yards.  Still thinking this team can beat the 2019 team for most yards penalized ever.  Fingers crossed 

Yea, only team that can give us any competition on penalties would be Graham! Lol

FINAL SCORES via WSLS

Christiansburg defeats Hidden Valley, 43-17

Bassett defeats Tunstall, 50-14

Cave Spring beats Patrick Henry, 34-28

Chatham wins over William Campbell, 61-40

Bath Co. defeats Eastern Montgomery, 33-13

Dan River takes the win over Gretna, 35-14

G.W. Danville beats Halifax Co., 24-21

Brookville defeats Liberty, 62-13

Appomattox beats Nelson Co., 34-6

Narrows defeats Covington, 44-38

Magna Vista defeats Martinsville, 28-16

Amherst Co. beats Rustburg, 35-34

Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy defeats Roanoke Catholic, 27-18

Waynesboro takes the win over Rockbridge Co., 24-7

Lord Botetourt beats William Fleming, 41-27

Franklin Co. defeats William Byrd, 35-23

Staunton River defeats Northside, 34-0

Grayson Co. takes the win over Giles, 34-14

Floyd Co. beats James River, 21-3

George Wythe beats Galax, 20-7

E.C. Glass defeats Jefferson Forest,55-6

Rural Retreat beats Chilhowie, 32-0

Pulaski Co. defeats Blacksburg, 48-7

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Looks like a few could be debated, but that's only 3/15 sheesh. I believe physical play is looked at on such a different light nowadays. Union needs no help getting flagged lol.

I’m gonna have to rewatch the targeting one looked like a clean hard hit to me 

27 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Yea, only team that can give us any competition on penalties would be Graham! Lol

I tried keeping up with the yards I had Union with 120 and Central with 10 but those numbers aren’t exact but close 

Just now, UnionGuy2017 said:

It was clean as could be. No helmet contact on the broadcast I saw when I got home. 

Happened right in front of me looked good but hard to see when it happens that fast but either way a helluva hit 

19 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Happened right in front of me looked good but hard to see when it happens that fast but either way a helluva hit 

Never mind went back and watched just a blown call clean hit imo

1 hour ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I might have some details incorrect. The yellow helmets were loaned by E&H. They sold the red helmets to last years' seniors. The HC usually orders new ones, but Ginn got a late start and didn't realize it.

Also supplies are hard to come by right now.  I have heard of schools getting helmets back without pads from the reconditioning company because they ran out of replacement pads. Trying to get new helmets is very difficult as well it seems. 

36 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

It was clean as could be. No helmet contact on the broadcast I saw when I got home. 

I have been out of officiating for a few years now but I am sure the emphasis is the same around head injuries. If you feel like there’s anything close to targeting you have to flag it simply for lawsuit purposes. I don’t like it as far as someone who appreciates the old style of play but in today litigious society officials have to be safe rather than sorry whether we like it or not as fans. I was looking at it on TV and seeing the replay I didnt quite think it was targeting but I still wouldn’t say with 100% certainty.  So if it’s that tough for me at home it’s hard to argue a bang bang situation on the field. 

I’m not surprised that Grundy won tonight, but the manner in which they did was very impressive.  1D looks like a 2 team race with PH and Grundy on a collision course.  Don’t know much about Lebanon, but it sounds like they are getting better. Probably won’t reach where these 2 are. 

4 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Coach Colley is really good at the color commentary side of TV. Hope WCYB uses him more often when I watch a game. 

I would love to see Coach Colley coach this year’s Ridgeview team.  Talk about a dangerous offense with his offense mastermind with the athletes he would have considering the coach we have now doesn’t know how to use the talent he has.  

2 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

I have been out of officiating for a few years now but I am sure the emphasis is the same around head injuries. If you feel like there’s anything close to targeting you have to flag it simply for lawsuit purposes. I don’t like it as far as someone who appreciates the old style of play but in today litigious society officials have to be safe rather than sorry whether we like it or not as fans. I was looking at it on TV and seeing the replay I didnt quite think it was targeting but I still wouldn’t say with 100% certainty.  So if it’s that tough for me at home it’s hard to argue a bang bang situation on the field. 

But a few series later one of unions kids gets the old crack- back and leveled but no call? I don't think any should be a penalty in that case,  it's football so keep your head on a swivel. 

18 hours ago, nrv_football said:

Giles only wins 1 more game. What happened to this great program. Been in a downturn for how long now?

Dear Lord, we can't bring that up on here again! You have one group that thinks the kids just don't have talent anymore and another group that thinks the coaches and off-season programs are the issue. 

If you can talk your coaches into calling only td plays on offense and pick 6s on defense you'll still have haters and bleacher turds that know just what to do in every situation.  None of us agree with who's in the game or what's called more than 10% of the time. Facts are simple,  if coaches don't do the extra work then kids won't either.  Even if they do it's no guarantee they've not been out worked. 

• GMan locked this topic