Week 8 Scores/Updates

Graham32

Gotta go with Va High. A Bluefield Beaver guy tells me today the Gmen might be without as many as 7-8 starters on O and 7-8 starters on D when counting not just suspensions, but also injuries. That's basically like a college or pro team where guys only playing 1 way being without 15 out of 22 starters. That's basically a Gmen team playing with a 2/3rds JV team and 1/3rd varsity team if it's true. This fan told me that this is what he heard in town, so we are talking about 100% hearsay. We will find out at kickoff.

How big would a VH win be?

1.  Likely forces Graham to travel to Ridgeview of RV wins out and both make it to the region finals.

2. Good chance it gives the Dogs of Tazewell a share of a 3 way SWD title if VH beats Richlands. 

3. Could put VA High at a 9 and 1 regular season and if Ridgeview were to slip up and lose one, you could possibly see a 3 team race for the first seed with possible VH, RV, and Graham at 9-1.

If....IF...Graham has that many starters out, they aren't winning down in Bristol in my opinion. 

35 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Gotta go with Va High. A Bluefield Beaver guy tells me today the Gmen might be without as many as 7-8 starters on O and 7-8 starters on D when counting not just suspensions, but also injuries. That's basically like a college or pro team where guys only playing 1 way being without 15 out of 22 starters. That's basically a Gmen team playing with a 2/3rds JV team and 1/3rd varsity team if it's true. This fan told me that this is what he heard in town, so we are talking about 100% hearsay. We will find out at kickoff.

How big would a VH win be?

1.  Likely forces Graham to travel to Ridgeview of RV wins out and both make it to the region finals.

2. Good chance it gives the Dogs of Tazewell a share of a 3 way SWD title if VH beats Richlands. 

3. Could put VA High at a 9 and 1 regular season and if Ridgeview were to slip up and lose one, you could possibly see a 3 team race for the first seed with possible VH, RV, and Graham at 9-1.

If....IF...Graham has that many starters out, they aren't winning down in Bristol in my opinion. 

I can tell you that is not accurate information you received. They do not have that many out and not that many starters. Without getting started on this subject again. There were some JV players that didn’t play Varsity but not that many starters on Varsity. Definitely not ideal and I’m more concerned with our QB situation. 

3 minutes ago, FootballFan77 said:

I can tell you that is not accurate information you received. They do not have that many out and not that many starters. Without getting started on this subject again. There were some JV players that didn’t play Varsity but not that many starters on Varsity. Definitely not ideal and I’m more concerned with our QB situation. 

Thanks FootballFan77 for clarifying.  Fair enough.

56 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Does anybody know if Bluefield vs. Tazewell will be broadcast tomorrow?

Lord willing and the creek don’t rise!  6:20 PM on the Tazewell Bulldog Radio Network!

We always have issues with WIFI/LTE connection there, given that it’s a bizarre dead zone.  

Just now, Real Sasquatch said:

Who is # 64 for Graham?  They are putting him in the backfield, lead blocking for Hughes and he is blowing the line wide open....

Raley I think. 

Treasure Coast 35

Fort Pierce Central 0 

Half

Central has an enrollment of 2,733 but they are really bad. It'd probably help if they didn't have 5 guys starting for Treasure Coast that started out at Central. Recruiting down here is insane. 

Just now, JDHoss said:

Treasure Coast 35

Fort Pierce Central 0 

Half

Central has an enrollment of 2,733 but they are really bad. It'd probably help if they didn't have 5 guys starting for Treasure Coast that started out at Central. Recruiting down here is insane. 

Are they William Blount bad? Guess I'll tell you tomorrow night when I see WB in person. Lol

• GMan locked this topic