Schedules for 2023

Packman

10 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Giles is dropping North Cross and Glenvar. Picking up Radford and I’m not sure who the other team will be yet. Rumor is it could potentially be James Monroe but that’s just a rumor.

It will probably end up being Martinsburg or Oscar Smith knowing our brilliant ad

28 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Tazewell should be dropping Colonial Heights anpicking up Leabanon.

I also heard rumblings that George Wythe or Fort Chiswell would be replacing Riverheads 

28 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I’d like to see RV drop Burton or Grundy for another 2A or higher team.  I don’t mind 1 class 1 team as the 2A schools should help the lower schools out, but no more than 1 or 2 on the schedule. 
Hopefully they can keep Bluefield, or get another out of state large school. 

1 hour ago, Wolf1207 said:

I’d like to see RV drop Burton or Grundy for another 2A or higher team.  I don’t mind 1 class 1 team as the 2A schools should help the lower schools out, but no more than 1 or 2 on the schedule. 
Hopefully they can keep Bluefield, or get another out of state large school. 

I have heard from Burton people that they are not playing RV next year. 

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Giles is dropping North Cross and Glenvar. Picking up Radford and I’m not sure who the other team will be yet. Rumor is it could potentially be James Monroe but that’s just a rumor.

That would surprise the hell out of me.  I know they have refused every time Narrows has offered here for the last few years.  

1 hour ago, techfan said:

I also heard rumblings that George Wythe or Fort Chiswell would be replacing Riverheads 

We already have FC on the schedule, thought I heard at the Riverheads game, they signed to continue playing. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

This is how you balance out a schedule lol

A school with 200 kids vs 2300! Haha

I know they've been trying to get Science Hill on the schedule for a while. Still kinda puzzled by Twin Springs though.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

A school with 200 kids vs 2300! Haha

I know they've been trying to get Science Hill on the schedule for a while. Still kinda puzzled by Twin Springs though.

I’d rather of picked up Rye Cove if playing any 1a school since they seem to be rebuilding pretty well but been awhile since going to twin springs so at least we get to see some nice scenery on the trip 

I don’t think i read somewhere that Union was picking up Twin Springs because there was a couple of old PV grads that are coaching there now and wanted to play Union.   I may be wrong.  

9 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

I’d rather of picked up Rye Cove if playing any 1a school since they seem to be rebuilding pretty well but been awhile since going to twin springs so at least we get to see some nice scenery on the trip 

And you can eat at Teddy's!

8 hours ago, Packman said:

I don’t think i read somewhere that Union was picking up Twin Springs because there was a couple of old PV grads that are coaching there now and wanted to play Union.   I may be wrong.  

You are correct 

23 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

We already have FC on the schedule, thought I heard at the Riverheads game, they signed to continue playing. 🤷‍♂️

And they'll have the additional benefit of Riverheads being Class 2 next year

On 10/15/2022 at 10:47 PM, Duke2015 said:

And burgers from Teddy's