2022 TSSAA Playoffs

SXSW

Well it is the quarterfinal round of the TSSAA playoffs. 

1A. Oliver Springs (7-5) travels to Coalfield (11-1) , Gordonsville (9-3) goes to (11-1) Clay County 

The western bracket is Fayetteville (12-0) traveling to (12-0) McKenzie in probably is the state championship game and Trenton Peabody (10-2) travels to Memphis to play (12-0) MASE 

Memphis Academy of Science and Engineering.

2A. Has the Wildcats of Monterey (10-2) traveling to Jamestown to play York Institute (8-4), Tyner (11-1) goes to East Robertson (11-1).

The other half of the bracket has Riverside (10-2) going to Lewis County (11-1) and The Golden Tornadoes of Union City (10-2) travels to Huntington (10-2)

3A. Gatlinburg-Pittman (11-1) makes trip down 321 to Alcoa (11-1) and Sweetwater (10-2) travels to Giles (9-3)

The west bracket has Smith County (11-1) traveling to East Nashville (10-2) and Covington (10-2) and Dyersburg (8-4)

4A. Has the game of playoffs so far Greeneville (12-0) travels to (12-0) Anderson County. The other east bracket game has East Hamilton (9-3) taking the 30 minute drive from Ooltewah to Red Bank (10-2)

The other half of the bracket has Pearl-Cohn (10-2) going to Lexington (9-3) and heavily favored Haywood (12-0) traveling to Milan (9-3)

5A. The Bracket has upstart Daniel Boone (12-0) going to Knox West (12-0) to become to the next victim. And the other game in the east is Powell (10-2) playing Oak Ridge (7-5)

The west bracket has Page (10-2) travelling to Nolensville (12-0) and Henry County (10-2) goes to Springfield (10-2)

6A. Science Hill (8-4) goes to Maryville (9-3) the winner gets the Oakland (11-1) Blackmon (10-2) winner 

Beech (11-1) goes to Cane Ridge (11-1) and Germantown (10-2) makes the short trip to Bartlett (10-2) 

Division 2. Is down to the Semifinal Round

1A. Friendship Christian (11-0) plays University School of Jackson (10-1) and Nashville Christian (9-2) plays Jackson Christian (10-1) 

2A. Christ Presbyterian Academy (6-5) play at Chattanooga Christian (10-2) and 10-0 Knox Webb plays Lipscomb Academy (11-0)

3A. Montgomery Bell Academy (11-0) travels to Chattanooga to play McCallie (10-2) and Baylor (9-2) travels to Brentwood Academy (9-2) 

All games are Friday and begin at 7:00pm local time!

Coalfield over Oliver Springs

Gordon's Village over Clay

McKenzie over Fayette City

MASE over The Peabody Hotel

Monterey over York

Tyner over East Robertson

Lewis over Riverside

Huntington over Union City

Alcoa over Pitt-Man

Giles over Sweetwater

East Nashvegas over Smith

Covington over Dyersburg

Greenville over Anderson

Red Bank over Hamilton

Pearl Cohn over Lexington

Haywood Tomcats over Milan

West mercy rules Boone

Pal over Oak Ridge

Nolensville over Page

Henry over Springfield

Murville over SHHS, but the Toppers have a puncher's chance here. 

Oakland over Blackmon

Cand Ridge over Beech

Germantown over Bartlett

My bracket has Coalfield, Clay County, McKenzie and Peabody advancing in 1A. Monterey, Tyner, Lewis County and Huntington in 2A. Alcoa, Sweetwater, Smith County and Covington in 3A

Greeneville gets the nod until Anderson County actually beats them, Red Bank (my sister-in-law's school) Pearl Cohn and Haywood (who is really good) in 4A. 

Knox West, Powell, Nolensville and Henry County in 5A and Maryville, Oakland, Cane Ridge and Germantown in 6A 

In Division 2. FCS over USJ and Jackson Christian over Nashville Christian in 1A, Chattanooga Christian over CPA and Lipscomb (the best team in the state in any class) over Webb in 2A and MBA over McCallie and Brentwood over Baylor in 3A.

2 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Coalfield over Oliver Springs

Gordon's Village over Clay

McKenzie over Fayette City

MASE over The Peabody Hotel

Monterey over York

Tyner over East Robertson

Lewis over Riverside

Huntington over Union City

Alcoa over Pitt-Man

Giles over Sweetwater

East Nashvegas over Smith

Covington over Dyersburg

Greenville over Anderson

Red Bank over Hamilton

Pearl Cohn over Lexington

Haywood Tomcats over Milan

West mercy rules Boone

Pal over Oak Ridge

Nolensville over Page

Henry over Springfield

Murville over SHHS, but the Toppers have a puncher's chance here. 

Oakland over Blackmon

Cand Ridge over Beech

Germantown over Bartlett

3 hours ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Does Science Hill really have a decent shot against the Rebels? What would you all put the line at? 

I'd go with Murville by 14, but this isn't a vintage Murville team. The Toppers are capable of hanging around. 

One of my high school classmate's son starts at G for Montgomery Bell Academy.  His name is Luke Beemer.  He's 6'4" 290 lbs junior and is the only underclassmen to start on their OL.  Have to pull for MBA vs. McCallie.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:40 PM, GMan said:

One of my high school classmate's son starts at G for Montgomery Bell Academy.  His name is Luke Beemer.  He's 6'4" 290 lbs junior and is the only underclassmen to start on their OL.  Have to pull for MBA vs. McCallie.

MBA won 28-27! MBA is a solid program that produces a ton of D1 athletes. Good for your friends son. 

2 hours ago, SXSW said:

MBA won 28-27! MBA is a solid program that produces a ton of D1 athletes. Good for your friends son. 

Yes, he is already getting looks from some big time D1 schools in the SE...If he stays injury free and has a good season next year, we will probably be watching him on the CBS 3:30 game in a few years.

MBA beat Baylor 42-34 earlier this season at home. It will definitely be a great game.

32 minutes ago, GMan said:

Yes, he is already getting looks from some big time D1 schools in the SE...If he stays injury free and has a good season next year, we will probably be watching him on the CBS 3:30 game in a few years.

MBA beat Baylor 42-34 earlier this season at home. It will definitely be a great game.

Bama and Ole Miss really recruit MBA a lot, as does Vanderbilt. 

9 hours ago, GMan said:

Luke Beemer isnt listed on the 2024 Tennessee top 25 nor does he have a 247 recruiting profile therefore he isnt a prospect.  Beemer is a junior this season with ZERO offers so the chance of him landing an offer this late is zilch.  

We have reached the semi-final round, it is my favorite week of the playoffs!

In 1A: Coalfield (12-1) travels to Celina to take on Clay County (12-1) and McKenzie (13-0) takes the ride down highway 79 to midtown Memphis to eat at Central BBQ and play MASE (13-0)

In 2A: The Dragons of York Institute (9-4) makes the 2.5 hour drive to downtown Chattanooga to play Tyner (12-1) and Riverside (11-2) makes the short trip to Huntington (11-2)

In 3A: The Alcoa Invitational takes the Tornadoes (12-1) to Giles (10-3) and East Nashville (11-2) makes the three hour drive to Covington (11-2)

In 4A: Anderson County (13-0) fresh off the domination of Greeneville plays at Red Bank (11-2) and the other matchup is a juicy one Pearl-Cohn (Cone) travels to Haywood (13-0) to play the Tomcats.

In 5A: Knox West (13-0) travels up I-75 to Powell (11-2) and Page (11-2) travels to Paris. Paris Tennessee that is to play Henry County (11-2) 

In 6A: Maryville (10-3) makes their last road trip of the year to Oakland (12-1) and Beech (12-1) travels to West Tennessee to play Bartlett (11-2) 

Division 2 has their finals set for December 1st. 

The 2A game is first CPA (8-5) plays eventual State Champion Lipscomb Academy (12-0) at 11am, followed by the 1A game between Friendship Christian (12-0) and Nashville Christian (10-2) at 3 pm 

3A has MBA (12-0) plays hometown Baylor (10-2)

20 hours ago, SXSW said:

We have reached the semi-final round, it is my favorite week of the playoffs!

In 1A: Coalfield (12-1) travels to Celina to take on Clay County (12-1) and McKenzie (13-0) takes the ride down highway 79 to midtown Memphis to eat at Central BBQ and play MASE (13-0)

In 2A: The Dragons of York Institute (9-4) makes the 2.5 hour drive to downtown Chattanooga to play Tyner (12-1) and Riverside (11-2) makes the short trip to Huntington (11-2)

In 3A: The Alcoa Invitational takes the Tornadoes (12-1) to Giles (10-3) and East Nashville (11-2) makes the three hour drive to Covington (11-2)

In 4A: Anderson County (13-0) fresh off the domination of Greeneville plays at Red Bank (11-2) and the other matchup is a juicy one Pearl-Cohn (Cone) travels to Haywood (13-0) to play the Tomcats.

In 5A: Knox West (13-0) travels up I-75 to Powell (11-2) and Page (11-2) travels to Paris. Paris Tennessee that is to play Henry County (11-2) 

In 6A: Maryville (10-3) makes their last road trip of the year to Oakland (12-1) and Beech (12-1) travels to West Tennessee to play Bartlett (11-2) 

Division 2 has their finals set for December 1st. 

The 2A game is first CPA (8-5) plays eventual State Champion Lipscomb Academy (12-0) at 11am, followed by the 1A game between Friendship Christian (12-0) and Nashville Christian (10-2) at 3 pm 

3A has MBA (12-0) plays hometown Baylor (10-2)

Wished the Murvil and Oakland game was at 825 Lawrence Avenue.  Might would have made the drive down for that one if it were.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Wished the Murvil and Oakland game was at 825 Lawrence Avenue.  Might would have made the drive down for that one if it were.

But Murfreesboro is so beautiful this time of year! 

Thought about going to watch West at Pal tomorrow night, but I don't think I can stand the cold. I may make the trip to Bluefield on Saturday though, if the weather hold. 

Coalfield over Clay Co

McKenzie over MASE in a tight one

Tyner over York

Huntingdon over Riverside

Alcoa crushes Giles Co

East Nashvegas over Covington

Anderson Co big over Red Bank

Haywood over Pearl-Cohn

West over Pal

Henry Co over Page

Oakland over Murville

Beech over Bartlett

Lipscomb over CPA

Nashville Christian over Friendship

MBA over Baylor

On 11/23/2022 at 10:40 AM, SXSW said:

But Murfreesboro is so beautiful this time of year! 

I go to the Boro a couple times during basketball season, since I am friends with the Whitson family and go down to watch Courtney play at MTSU.  I like it down there, but man it's a drive.  Lol

On 11/21/2022 at 9:57 PM, mike hunt said:

Luke Beemer isnt listed on the 2024 Tennessee top 25 nor does he have a 247 recruiting profile therefore he isnt a prospect.  Beemer is a junior this season with ZERO offers so the chance of him landing an offer this late is zilch.  

He must have knocked your son on his ass at some point...

Championship week is here! The 2022 TSSAA Football season has 9 games left. Division 2 starts things Thursday!

In the 2A State Title Game. Lipscomb Academy (12-0) takes on CPA (7-5) in what will be Lipscomb Head Coach Trent Dilfer's last game. He was hired yesterday to coach UAB! The game kicks off at 11:00am EST

In The 1A State Title Matchup Nashville Christian (10-2) plays (12-0) Friendship Christian. This game kicks at 3:00pm EST

In the Night Cap in the 3A game MBA (12-0) plays Baylor (10-2). 

The public schools begin play on Friday. 

The 3A State Title game kicks at 11:00 am game and features (13-1) Alcoa playing East Nashville (12-2) East Nashville is good but not Alcoa good.

The 1A Game is at 3:00pm. Clay County (13-1) plays (14-0) McKenzie.

The 5A Game kicks at 7:00pm and has Knox West (14-0) playing Page (12-2) in a rematch from last year.

The Saturday Schedule.

The 4A State Title game should be the best game of the weekend has (14-0) Anderson County vs. Pearl Cohn (12-2) and kicks at 11:00am 

The 2A Title Tilt has Tyner (12-2) playing Decatur County Riverside (12-2). 

The 6A Championship has Oakland (13-1) playing Beech (13-1). 

All Games are at Finley Stadium in beautiful downtown Chattanooga. 

The games will Televised in the Tri-Cities on WCYB.2 CW. 5.2 on digital antenna, Channel 4 on Charter Spectrum, BTES and Bristol, VA Utilities!

I hope you all enjoy the games! 

I like Lipscomb, Friendship and MBA today. Friday I like Alcoa, McKenzie and West and on Saturday I like Anderson County, Tyner and Oakland Saturday.