2022 Round 1 Regional Playoffs Score Updates!

Gridiron60

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

@BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 says in colder weather run teams do better. I think we are getting more balanced with run  & throwing. I really think Meadows is doing well and we know Shockley can step in if needed. I honestly think the Roberts kid is going to be way better than either. That kid is a natural. I can’t wait to see him take over next year at QB. 

This. Little more arm strength and he reminds me of Zach Blevins a whole lot.

State Class 2 Pairings for A, B, and C Region Semi's

Region A

4-Greensville County at 1-King Kong  (cal preps says 31-8)

3-Poquoson at 2-TJ Richmond (TJ won over Amelia 33-15) (cal preps says Poquoson 27-17 over TJ)

Region B

5-Stuarts Draft at 1-Strasburg (Cal Preps Strasburg wins 28-7)

3-Central Woodstock at 2-Luray (Cal Preps says Luray wins 31-28)

Region C-

3-Glenvar at 2-Martinsville (Cal Preps says Glenvar 26-21)

4-Appomattox County at 1-Radford (Cal Preps says Radford 35-28)

Region D-

5-Union at 4-Gate City winner plays at 1-Graham (Cal Preps says Graham over Union 27-10, and Graham over Gate City 40-10, and Saturday's game, Union over Gate City 28-14)

7-Tazewell at 2-Ridgeview winner plays 6-Lee at 3-Va High winner (higher seed hosts)

Last night, I wrote no upsets yet in Class 2.  Technically, that was incorrect as the lower seeded 5-Stuarts Draft beat 4-Clark County in Region B, although not really an upset as every team that won last night (13 out of 13 games) in Class 2 was expected to win, and Draft and Clarke was considered a toss up game.  

Other Scores From Teams Around the State of Virginia Last Night

Class 3.  Phoebus 64-, York 7.  How good is Phoebus?  Phoebus beat York last night 64-7.  York and Lafayette played a nailbiter decided in the last minute of the game, and Lafayette beat King William 35-0 in regular season.  Interestingly, Phoebus is only favored right now against LCA on CalPreps by a score of 28-17.

Lord Botetourt 47-7 over Hidden Valley

Salem 42, Western Albermarle 0

Number 1 ranked Class 5 and the best football team in Virginia, Highland Springs 49, Prince George 0

Number 1 ranked Class 6 Freedom 77-26 over Garfield.  

39 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

State Class 2 Pairings for A, B, and C Region Semi's

Region A

4-Greensville County at 1-King Kong  (cal preps says 31-8)

3-Poquoson at 2-TJ Richmond (TJ won over Amelia 33-15) (cal preps says Poquoson 21-17 over TJ)

Region B

5-Stuarts Draft at 1-Strasburg (Cal Preps Strasburg wins 28-7)

3-Central Woodstock at 2-Luray (Cal Preps says Luray wins 31-28)

Region C-

3-Glenvar at 2-Martinsville (Cal Preps says Glenvar 26-21)

4-Appomattox County at 1-Radford (Cal Preps says Radford 35-28)

Region D-

5-Union at 4-Gate City winner plays at 1-Graham (Cal Preps says Graham over Union 27-10, and Graham over Gate City 40-10, and Saturday's game, Union over Gate City 28-14)

7-Tazewell at 2-Ridgeview winner plays 6-Lee at 3-Va High winner (higher seed hosts)

Last night, I wrote no upsets yet in Class 2.  Technically, that was incorrect as the lower seeded 5-Stuarts Draft beat 4-Clark County in Region B, although not really an upset as every team that won last night (13 out of 13 games) in Class 2 was expected to win, and Draft and Clarke was considered a toss up game.  

To be a #1 seed Graham really got the short end of the stick in this deal. The #2 has a MUCH easier road. The way Union is playing right now (if they continue this and beat GC),they are a much more dangerous opponent than Lee or VHS.

Just now, Unchained said:

To be a #1 seed Graham really got the short end of the stick in this deal. The #2 has a MUCH easier road. The way Union is playing right now (if they continue this and beat GC),they are a much more dangerous opponent than Lee or VHS.

I agree with all of this! 

2 minutes ago, Unchained said:

To be a #1 seed Graham really got the short end of the stick in this deal. The #2 has a MUCH easier road. The way Union is playing right now (if they continue this and beat GC),they are a much more dangerous opponent than Lee or VHS. if GC wins THEY are a more dangerous team than Lee or VHS as well.

53 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Happened to Graham last year also. RV and Union have missed each other in the 2nd round for the 2nd straight year.

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

Iron sharpens Iron. Were ok with that.

33 minutes ago, Unchained said:

I am sure you are just as Union doesn't back away ( playing Science Hill next 2 yrs I hear), but it's the principle of the thing. The #1 seed should have some reward,

In the old east west model the #1 seed got a lot more of a reward than what we are seeing now

4 hours ago, Unchained said:

Doesn't matter the opponent. To be the best you have to beat the best. 

3 hours ago, Unchained said:

I am sure you are just as Union doesn't back away ( playing Science Hill next 2 yrs I hear), but it's the principle of the thing. The #1 seed should have some reward,

How about take only 6 & 1 and 2 get bye round 1 or if you take 8 reseed bracket after each round. For example, if only 1,2, 4 & 6 make it. Reseed so 1 plays 6 & 2 plays 4 if that makes sense. I don’t really know if that works or helps. I really don’t think Graham or Union care to play each other next week. Neither shy away from tough competition. As a fan, yeah, I’d rather play Virginia High again as opposed to a Union, lol. No disrespect intended, lol. I just hope neither team has players injured when we play. It’s a hard row to hoe when key players get injured in the playoffs. I want whomever wins D to take out C whether it’s Graham, Union, etc. 

3 hours ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Happened to Graham last year also. RV and Union have missed each other in the 2nd round for the 2nd straight year.

One would point out that Central was the better team and tougher out last year.   Central manhandled Union last year and  the former RV coaching staff favored a Union matchup over Central, who was rolling late in the year.

This year, Union reminds me of Central last year.  Hitting their stride late in the season and capable of upsetting Graham.  

4 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

One would argue Central was the better team and tougher out.  Central manhandled Union last year andI can vouch that the coaching staff favored a Union matchup over Central, who was rolling late in the year.

This year, Union reminds me of Central last year.  Hitting their stride late in the season and capable of upsetting Graham.  

We will see Saturday. If Union beats Gate City by 30 , your probably right. If not, Graham and Union will beat each other up and Graham will win by 10. 

45 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

How about take only 6 & 1 and 2 get bye round 1 or if you take 8 reseed bracket after each round. For example, if only 1,2, 4 & 6 make it. Reseed so 1 plays 6 & 2 plays 4 if that makes sense. I don’t really know if that works or helps. I really don’t think Graham or Union care to play each other next week. Neither shy away from tough competition. As a fan, yeah, I’d rather play Virginia High again as opposed to a Union, lol. No disrespect intended, lol. I just hope neither team has players injured when we play. It’s a hard row to hoe when key players get injured in the playoffs. I want whomever wins D to take out C whether it’s Graham, Union, etc. 

I would rather see a 6 team playoff over reshuffling the seeds that just too much IMO. If a 6 knocks for a 3 they shouldnt be punished by having to play the 1. I dont like the 8 team playoff personally I think its more helpful to play games and stay in a groove than take a bye unless you a super beat up and if the talent is that much of a difference then your 2s are playing in the second half against the best competition they have seen all year because most teams lets their 1s finish out the garbage time in the last game. With Lebanon coming back to the southwest that gives both districts 6 class 2 teams. I would like to see a cross bracket region play like they do in every other sport so you dont have a Union Gate City type match up in the first round

5 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Princeton is playing George Washington 

Yep, still have Charleston in my head.

Bluefield vs Indy is being broadcast on video productions, so this is watchable and I think.....video productions puts their stuff live on YouTube, so a good chance it's watchable on your TV screen