Ridgeview vs Graham Region D Championship Rematch!

Gridiron60

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Broad brush is correct.  It isn't the people, although there are some as there are everywhere.  Growing up in school it was always hate your rivals.  Now i follow that up with respectful hate but still how can you pull for a rival.  I do not wish them ill intent or any misfortune as it is still just a game.  I guess to much of old Nascar from the good old days when you had your driver and you had their nemesis that you couldn't stand.  Being a Bill Elliot fan, how in the world could I pull for Dale Sr.  I was into racing long before football so I guess that just bled over into it on hating your rivals.  Had to pull for fellow Ford drivers even if didn't like them, kind of like pulling for the other county teams or SW district.

Bit of rambling there but no, Bluefield is a fine place and people and I love to go back and forth with several of them on the rivalry but they know where I stand lol!

Very fair. I'm the same about James Monroe and Narrows somewhat. 

16 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I agree with him on outcomes from a scrimmage game.  You can't make anything of the score as playcalling and players shuffle in, but you can still tell something about lineplay imo.  It's just like "the boards" 1 on 1 in practice lineman against lineman.  You can gauge lineplay from a scrimmage imo.  You can't gauge it completely, but some.

Agreed, Glass does have a better QB and more overall team speed than anyone Graham has seen this regular season. Held our own on LOS and in the backend. If GMen have a breakdown, it better be for a TD. 

11 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Owens said:

It is gonna be a dog fight for sure 😆 but i believe it's gonna be a close one I say ridgeview 42-35

You really don't think Graham is giving up 42 do you? Nobody scored more than 25 all year including Bluefield. 

26 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

You really don't think Graham is giving up 42 do you? Nobody scored more than 25 all year including Bluefield. 

Respect her opinion. Hopefully Graham comes out and smacks them in the mouth to show them we mean business. 

25 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

If Graham gives up more than 28 points they lose.  I went back and watched a couple of Ridgeview’s games and a few things stood out. First off they are running the ball a lot better than they did under Tiller. Can they execute this against Graham and stay out of 3rd and long? Graham has the best Dline in the area. Their Dline is better than Bluefield’s by far. The way Bluefield had success was forcing Ridgeview into obvious passing situation and then getting to the QB. When the Ridgeview QB has to move out of the pocket his accuracy drops significantly. This game will come down to if Ridgeview can find away to keep Grahams Dline in check. 

48 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Owens said:

It is gonna be a dog fight for sure 😆 but i believe it's gonna be a close one I say ridgeview 42-35

Graham’s 1st team has been giving up an average of 7 points per game. Bluefield they gave up the most. I’d be shocked if Ridgeview scores 42 on Graham. I’m not saying they can’t beat Graham, they certainly can but Graham’s defense would have to totally implode to let a team score 42 at this point IMHO. 

5 minutes ago, Gfan said:

If Graham gives up more than 28 points they lose.  I went back and watched a couple of Ridgeview’s games and a few things stood out. First off they are running the ball a lot better than they did under Tiller. Can they execute this against Graham and stay out of 3rd and long? Graham has the best Dline in the area. Their Dline is better than Bluefield’s by far. The way Bluefield had success was forcing Ridgeview into obvious passing situation and then getting to the QB. When the Ridgeview QB has to move out of the pocket his accuracy drops significantly. This game will come down to if Ridgeview can find away to keep Grahams Dline in check. 

Very astute observation. They can't protect the QB going four wide. 

10 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham’s 1st team has been giving up an average of 7 points per game. Bluefield they gave up the most. I’d be shocked if Ridgeview scores 42 on Graham. I’m not saying they can’t beat Graham, they certainly can but Graham’s defense would have to totally implode to let a team score 42 at this point IMHO. 

They never played Bluefield with Hairston either. The Beavers best player

Edited by Gmen2021
spell check

3 hours ago, Gmen2021 said:

They never played Bluefield with Hairston either. The Beavers best player

I know that the Bluefield game was only 4 weeks ago, but this is a different RV team than played them. The Beavers did them a favor as it woke the program up. It seemed to be sleep walking up to that game.  Since then they have looked like team we expected coming into the season.  
I’m picking with my heart maybe a bit but I think they find a way to get it done 20-14. I believe this could be a low scoring game as both defenses are really good. 

Edited by Wolf1207
Auto correct

I think whoever scores 20 wins. I believe it will be a low scoring game.  Ridgeview offense has scored 34.2 points a game and defense has allowed 11.33 points a game and Graham offense has scored 35.1 points a game and defense has allowed 11.08 points a game.  That’s just going by what is on MaxPreps.  

58 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I believe this could be a low scoring game as both defenses are really good. 

It may come down to which defense comes in with the best game plan and can adjust that game plan as needed. What’s the old saying, offense wins games, defense wins championships. I don’t know much about RV defensive coaches but I do know Rex & Snake do a great job. I honestly think this game will be won or lost at the LOS. 

13 minutes ago, Packman said:

I think whoever scores 20 wins. I believe it will be a low scoring game.  Ridgeview offense has scored 34.2 points a game and defense has allowed 11.33 points a game and Graham offense has scored 35.1 points a game and defense has allowed 11.08 points a game.  That’s just going by what is on MaxPreps.  

That’s a bit deceptive since a lot of those points scored were by the opponents starters on Graham’s JV. The 1st team is allowing about a TD per game. The same may be true of Ridgeview if they pull their starters like Graham does with a comfortable lead. 

2 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

I know that the Bluefield game was only 4 weeks ago, but this is a different RV team than played them. The Beavers did them a favor as it woke the program up. It seemed to be sleep walking up to that game.  Since then they have looked like team we expected coming into the season.  
I’m picking with my heart maybe a bit but I think they find a way to get it done 20-14. I believe this could be a low scoring game as both defenses are really good. 

No way Graham only scores 14.  If Ridgeview wins, it would be more like 42-35 or something along those lines.

3 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

I think the game will be in the 20's. 

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

No way Graham gives up 42 to Ridgeview so no worries there.  I’m not sure many 4a or 3a teams could do it 

Only chance RV has is to air it out! If they can  protect the QB and get 13 and 7 out in routes that will be the only chance they have! Grahams D line is the best in 2A but their back 7 can be exploited if RV can protect but i don’t see them slowing grahams D line

2 hours ago, Dobb83 said:

Only chance RV has is to air it out! If they can  protect the QB and get 13 and 7 out in routes that will be the only chance they have! Grahams D line is the best in 2A but their back 7 can be exploited if RV can protect but i don’t see them slowing grahams D line

You may be right, but the thing about Graham's secondary is they have a lot of speed and can recover, if they do get burned. If Graham gets pressure to the QB early, it will be a long night for Ridgeview, if not, I thnk Ridgeview will have some success.  However, in the 2nd half, Graham has had a tendency to wear down their opponents on the line of scrimmage and it really starts to show.  I think Ridgeview has a pretty decent line, if they can withstand the pressure (and it can be intense at times).  They have a good chance to win it.  If not, I like Graham's chances.

On the other side of the ball, I think Graham should try the power - run package they used against V-High some, if they don't have a lot of success at first.  That is very hard to stop.  I wouldn't pass, if I was Graham, unless I had to.  They have a 2000 yard Running Back and a solid Fullback in Hughes that can run the ball, Floyd can come in the spell Clements and Edwards can do the mis-directions and end arounds pretty well.  Throw it sparingly and it could be very effective.

11 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

You may be right, but the thing about Graham's secondary is they have a lot of speed and can recover, if they do get burned. If Graham gets pressure to the QB early, it will be a long night for Ridgeview, if not, I thnk Ridgeview will have some success.  However, in the 2nd half, Graham has had a tendency to wear down their opponents on the line of scrimmage and it really starts to show.  I think Ridgeview has a pretty decent line, if they can withstand the pressure (and it can be intense at times).  They have a good chance to win it.  If not, I like Graham's chances.

On the other side of the ball, I think Graham should try the power - run package they used against V-High some, if they don't have a lot of success at first.  That is very hard to stop.  I wouldn't pass, if I was Graham, unless I had to.  They have a 2000 yard Running Back and a solid Fullback in Hughes that can run the ball, Floyd can come in the spell Clements and Edwards can do the mis-directions and end arounds pretty well.  Throw it sparingly and it could be very effective.

Not to stroke out own ego but Graham next year will be super scary. They will return majority of this team. 

But first lets focus on this year 🙂

59 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

Not to stroke out own ego but Graham next year will be super scary. They will return majority of this team. 

But first lets focus on this year 🙂

Yea but the most important part of the team leaves and that’s the line! D and O 

13 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I would be surprised if Graham doesn’t take a couple of shots deep. Ridgeview plays a lot of man coverage with no safety help. Bluefield got behind them a couple of times.  For what is worth Ridgeview shut down Union’s power run game. I think Graham’s main game plan has to be get the ball in Clements hands as much as possible but you may have to throw deep a few times to keep Ridgeview honest. Ridgeview plays the run well because they typically stack the box and trust their athletes to cover on the outside.  It will be a good matchup to see if Watkins and Edwards can get behind Ridgeview’s DBs the way Bluefield did.

1 hour ago, Dobb83 said:

Yea but the most important part of the team leaves and that’s the line! D and O 

Really hurts when you lose your line they don’t get their names in the paper but aren’t easy to replace