Ridgeview vs Graham Region D Championship Rematch!

Gridiron60

18 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Well, to be fair, Dawg fans made more than one comment about “not impressed with RV” and were less than complimentary about anything RV after RV dismantled them and put several debates to bed and, apparently, drove one voracious Bulldog supporter off this board.   Some of the Tazewell folks act like they got beat up and Graham is their big brother who is going to defend them.  It’s weird to us M7 and RV folks because we sure don’t see it like that with Union or Central.  

Far from it.  I don't like Graham and don't pull for them other than the fact of Tazewell Co and SW district.  I could say plenty that would get the tides turned on me quick with Graham fans but I prefer to keep it civil.  I just simply call it like I see it.  Bluefield far best team we played all year, followed by Graham, then Riverheads, finally Ridgeview behind that.  Yes they are good but they are not the almighty best that I have seen.  Just giving the unbiased opinion of what I have seen like it or not.  Next Sat night I might eat my words or I may have been spot on, we will just have to wait and see.

As a Bluefield transplant now in the Roanoke/Central Virginia area, I’ve have been able to watch a good many teams this year all the way up to 6A.  I will say this I have not seen a team this year that could match what Graham has across the line, especially on defense. I’ve watched Salem, Fleming, and most all the other Roanoke area schools with the exception of Glenvar and I think Graham handles them all with ease with the exception of Liberty Christian.     Graham would even bruise their 2 closest 6A schools. An LCA matchup would be interesting.  That bunch is just weird good.  They don’t look like much at a glance but are surgical.   Graham’s athleticism, strength, and speed of pursuit from their bigs is pretty rare, especially at the 2A level.  I have never seen Ridgview and can’t comment on how they match up.   All I know is from the ball I’ve watched this fall, there are very few that have a program moving from the headsets to the handoffs like Graham has. 

17 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

There was a whole half where your fans weren’t near as sure as you were.  I was there.  It was awful quiet.  There was a big cheer when that kickoff was called back.  
And I’ll review the pick again.  That was a very wide out so I’m not sure if it was tipped.  It looked fairly tight spiral to me…a 25 yard throw to get a three yard out against a D-1 commit isn’t a smart play.  All risk, little reward as the WR was no threat to outrun Bradshaw.

It was quiet. But the game isn't one quarter. You punched us in the mouth. We got up and knocked you out.

1 hour ago, GHS89 said:

As a Bluefield transplant now in the Roanoke/Central Virginia area, I’ve have been able to watch a good many teams this year all the way up to 6A.  I will say this I have not seen a team this year that could match what Graham has across the line, especially on defense. I’ve watched Salem, Fleming, and most all the other Roanoke area schools with the exception of Glenvar and I think Graham handles them all with ease with the exception of Liberty Christian.     Graham would even bruise their 2 closest 6A schools. An LCA matchup would be interesting.  That bunch is just weird good.  They don’t look like much at a glance but are surgical.   Graham’s athleticism, strength, and speed of pursuit from their bigs is pretty rare, especially at the 2A level.  I have never seen Ridgview and can’t comment on how they match up.   All I know is from the ball I’ve watched this fall, there are very few that have a program moving from the headsets to the handoffs like Graham has. 

Well, Graham stormdoor kicked EC Glass in a scrimmage. I know, just a scrimmage and teams try different things, but even in a scrimmage, from tackle to tackle, you can get a good idea, and Graham manhandled them. 

49 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Well, Graham stormdoor kicked EC Glass in a scrimmage. I know, just a scrimmage and teams try different things, but even in a scrimmage, from tackle to tackle, you can get a good idea, and Graham manhandled them. 

That's 11-1 EC Glass....

Not to take anything away from our team but I think Ridgeview comes in ready to pounce with a chip on their shoulder. Graham needs to limit turnovers, penalties, etc. Our LOS on both sides of the ball is a definite strength but Ridgeview says their line is tough too and defense clicking on all cylinders. I haven’t watched enough film to comment just going by posts on here. I think our coaches adjust well against opponents and our boys will be ready & dialed in. They are super focused right now on Ridgeview & Ridgeview only! I think a lot of people thought without Brody and Zay Graham wouldn’t be at the same level. I think our boys are just as good as last year if not better in some aspects. I’m not committed to a Graham blowout because Ridgeview has multiple weapons in their arsenal. I’ll be glad if we just win by a field goal. 

6 hours ago, SamJackson said:

Graham by Fiddy!!  Graham is to physical and all around more athletic than Ridgeview!  Ridgeview has trouble running the ball.  Snake palmer will have the defense dialed in. 

Lol have you even watched any of our games?? 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think some people not even Graham people are trying to get y’all riled up, lol. I’m a Graham faithful and I don’t see Graham by “fiddy” 😂😂😂

I honestly think it’ll be a dog fight.  Looking forward to it, nothing beats high school football in swva 

3 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Hokiebird7 is going to come on here and throw rocks at us for bringing up a scrimmage😂

I agree with him on outcomes from a scrimmage game.  You can't make anything of the score as playcalling and players shuffle in, but you can still tell something about lineplay imo.  It's just like "the boards" 1 on 1 in practice lineman against lineman.  You can gauge lineplay from a scrimmage imo.  You can't gauge it completely, but some.

7 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Hey fellow RV fans. I know we all have them but don’t you dare bring your hoverboards to the game on Saturday. It amazes me what some people can come up with when in a board room.

Y’all can’t give the TCSP board any more grief than most of us local folks already have, lol! Cowbells? What’s a high school football game without cowbells? I’m just glad I saved my rain poncho looks like 60% chance on Saturday. Heaven forbid we have a few umbrellas in a 10,000 seat stadium. 

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Y’all can’t give the TCSP board any more grief than most of us local folks already have, lol! Cowbells? What’s a high school football game without cowbells? I’m just glad I saved my rain poncho looks like 60% chance on Saturday. Heaven forbid we have a few umbrellas in a 10,000 seat stadium. 

I don’t mind the umbrella ban so so much as some people are rude about them. But venue is important.  No reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to have them or cow bells at Mitchell Stadium.  There is a good chance the crowd might hit 3000 but with rain I doubt it. 

3 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I don’t mind the umbrella ban so so much as some people are rude about them. But venue is important.  No reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to have them or cow bells at Mitchell Stadium.  There is a good chance the crowd might hit 3000 but with rain I doubt it. 

3,000? Y’all must be bringing a lot because the Graham attendance this past Saturday was dismal to say the least. Hopefully, it picks up this Saturday even with the forecast. 

5 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

3,000? Y’all must be bringing a lot because the Graham attendance this past Saturday was dismal to say the least. Hopefully, it picks up this Saturday even with the forecast. 

I’m just guessing. I have no idea really. If the weather isn’t too bad we will have a good turn out. I was surprised at the amount that drove up for the Bluefield game.  And this drive really sucks.  I may do the drive to Lebanon and up 19 this time.  Driving to Vansant and getting behind grandpa about 3 miles in can cause car sickness in the worst way. 

1 hour ago, Wolf1207 said:

I’m just guessing. I have no idea really. If the weather isn’t too bad we will have a good turn out. I was surprised at the amount that drove up for the Bluefield game.  And this drive really sucks.  I may do the drive to Lebanon and up 19 this time.  Driving to Vansant and getting behind grandpa about 3 miles in can cause car sickness in the worst way. 

Lebanon to 19 - 460 is the best route. 

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not to take anything away from our team but I think Ridgeview comes in ready to pounce with a chip on their shoulder. Graham needs to limit turnovers, penalties, etc. Our LOS on both sides of the ball is a definite strength but Ridgeview says their line is tough too and defense clicking on all cylinders. I haven’t watched enough film to comment just going by posts on here. I think our coaches adjust well against opponents and our boys will be ready & dialed in. They are super focused right now on Ridgeview & Ridgeview only! I think a lot of people thought without Brody and Zay Graham wouldn’t be at the same level. I think our boys are just as good as last year if not better in some aspects. I’m not committed to a Graham blowout because Ridgeview has multiple weapons in their arsenal. I’ll be glad if we just win by a field goal. 

That's all we need going forward. Doesn't matter the score just win at all cost. 

On 11/21/2022 at 8:26 AM, stu_bean said:

Far from it.  I don't like Graham and don't pull for them other than the fact of Tazewell Co and SW district.  

Stubean, you paint with a seriously broad brush. Do you not like 5000 people from Bluefield, or 50, or 500, or 1, or 4000? My point is, the overwhelming majority of fans of all schools in SWVA are good and decent people. These message board posters (including myself) are a fraction of representation of the whole group. 

Disclaimer....James Monroe the exception.....kidding of course

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Stubean, you paint with a seriously broad brush. Do you not like 5000 people from Bluefield, or 50, or 500, or 1, or 4000? My point is, the overwhelming majority of fans of all schools in SWVA are good and decent people. These message board posters (including myself) are a fraction of representation of the whole group. 

Disclaimer....James Monroe the exception.....kidding of course

Broad brush is correct.  It isn't the people, although there are some as there are everywhere.  Growing up in school it was always hate your rivals.  Now i follow that up with respectful hate but still how can you pull for a rival.  I do not wish them ill intent or any misfortune as it is still just a game.  I guess to much of old Nascar from the good old days when you had your driver and you had their nemesis that you couldn't stand.  Being a Bill Elliot fan, how in the world could I pull for Dale Sr.  I was into racing long before football so I guess that just bled over into it on hating your rivals.  Had to pull for fellow Ford drivers even if didn't like them, kind of like pulling for the other county teams or SW district.

Bit of rambling there but no, Bluefield is a fine place and people and I love to go back and forth with several of them on the rivalry but they know where I stand lol!