Ridgeview vs Graham Region D Championship Rematch!

Gridiron60

Graham was able to keep it on the ground today VS gate city because of that front line.  Ridgeview is better up front than gc and Graham is better up front than anything rv has seen in a while.  Close in every aspect of the game.  It'll come down to last possession kinda game I believe.  O'Quinn has gotten away with some scrambles/runs that he won't this week.  If Ridgeview can keep their stuff together for 4 quarters they can take it.  Graham hasn't had anyone match up with them since going to the park a couple months ago but they look like they're clicking pretty well.  Can't wait to see this one. Good luck to both teams. 

2 hours ago, UKCAT said:

I’m probably going to drive there from Big Stone Gap to watch it because I think it’s going to be a really good game. Both have really good teams. Seen both play and not sure who I would give the edge to in this one. 

Sit on the Graham side.  Need more fans!!!

12 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

RV fans need to make the drive.  It would be nice if Union could provide some assistance with the code to Mitchell Stadium.

I think they keep it padlocked with a chain but I guess you could use a bolt cutter. 😂 GMen would appreciate Union keeping everything else a secret 😂

7 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I’ve seen both teams play, Graham names the score! 

I have as well, and I wouldn’t say Graham names the score.  I think this can be a really good ballgame.  I would favor Graham, but definitely not in a blowout fashion at all. 

12 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

If a team doesn't win fans don't show up. Now it seems if a program is turned around and they win, then fans become spoiled and don't show up. Hats off the Gate City fans for making the drive and supporting their team today. Good to see some high school fan bases still support their kids.

That was the best turnout of the year for the visiting side by far, not including the Bluefield game. And they stayed until the final whistle. Big shout out to Gate City fans for making that drive and hanging out in the cold. I got to talk to a few Gate City fans today. I think Gate City folks love sports in general more than other areas. It doesn't matter if its football or volleyball or softball. I feel like every time I see a game at Gate City, male sport or female sport, they have their bleachers filled. I love seeing that support for the school and the students/players.

39 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

I have as well, and I wouldn’t say Graham names the score.  I think this can be a really good ballgame.  I would favor Graham, but definitely not in a blowout fashion at all. 

I agree with this statement. Ridgeview will be a tough out for the GMen! I have full confidence in our coaching staff to adequately prepare our boys. I like the cleaning up of the penalities and discipline our boys are showing. If we control the clock, limit penalties & turnovers, and if we can make Beavers & Hill non factors that would be a plus, lol. I’m not saying we do that but if anyone can come up with a defensive plan to be successful it’s Rex & Snake. They’re good at making in game adjustments too. I also like the way Tony Palmer has evolved our offense incorporating some short & intermediate passing schemes. I know a very talented Ridgeview will be ready & want to continue their  "No Score November" mantra and take the win so the GMen will need their. A++++++++ game to be successful next Saturday. 

Ridgeview has played one team with the following elements

1. Very good offensive and defensive lines

2. Multiple playmakers with speed

3. Great coaching

That team blew them out. Saturday will be the 2nd team they've played with all 3 elements. We're going to find out. Time for talking is over.

I think it's very close. Mistakes will decide it. The danger for Graham is big plays for TDs by RV. The danger for RV is big plays by Grahams Defense. 

Graham's defense- you see an opponent of them with some running or passing success on 3, 4, or 5 straight plays, and then boom, an athlete for Graham like a Sawyers or Roberts sacks the QB and causes a 2nd and 22, or an athlete like Watkins or Clements or Floyd makes a crazy defensive play with closing speed and tips a pass in the air. RV must avoid these explosive type Defensive plays by Graham. Graham Needs to have a few of these defensive type plays when defending RVs pass. Whoever is more successful at the above wins in my opinion.

One bad sign if it happens. I don't think this will happen initially, but if it does, it's a bad sign. Graham comes out and gashes RV on the ground for 7 yds a carry. I know RVs DL is stout and stops the run well, but the offensive line across the board that RV is facing this year in 2022 when coming to Mitchell Stadium is Better than the one they faced last year.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

lotta y'all giving RV no chance. You're gonna be surprised come Saturday. 

I don't see a "lotta" Graham folks giving Ridgeview no chance. I think Graham will need to play their best game of the year to get by Ridgeview. I think this game could go either way. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I see 2 Tazewell fans saying Graham wins. Not sure how that amounts to "lotta" BigWinners.

Well, to be fair, Dawg fans made more than one comment about “not impressed with RV” and were less than complimentary about anything RV after RV dismantled them and put several debates to bed and, apparently, drove one voracious Bulldog supporter off this board.   Some of the Tazewell folks act like they got beat up and Graham is their big brother who is going to defend them.  It’s weird to us M7 and RV folks because we sure don’t see it like that with Union or Central.