Bold predictions

Jags52

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Best all around HS Football player and most impactful for his team in my opinion is the Hill kid on the line of scrimmage for Graham. I'm sure a QB, RB, or WR always gets the first look, but if you want the most consistent player and productive player in the SWD in my opinion, it's the Hill kid for Graham.

Respect your opinion but we will disagree here. I think Jennings is the best defensive player on Graham’s team.

8 minutes ago, FactChecker2022 said:

Do you know who the region player of the year was? 

Reyshawn Anderson from Union is Region 2D offensive POY. 

Omarii Hill from Graham is the Region 2D defensive POY. 

Mount View representing. Would really be something if Clements had won some awards. Mount View could have both offense and defense POY in 2D. 

9 minutes ago, FactChecker2022 said:

Respect your opinion but we will disagree here. I think Jennings is the best defensive player on Graham’s team.

I can't speak for the whole year, but Jennings wrecked Union's offense last week... repeatedly.

5 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Mount View representing. Would really be something if Clements had won some awards. Mount View could have both offense and defense POY in 2D. 

Mount View was a dumpster fire this year.  How many times did they change coaches? Five times? I lost count. The principal was coaching at one point. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Mount View was a dumpster fire this year.  How many times did they change coaches? Five times? I lost count. The principal was coaching at one point. 

I’m just having a little fun since Hill and Clements are both from Mount View. 

3 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I’m just having a little fun since Hill and Clements are both from Mount View. 

I know, lol! I just wouldn't blame any kid at this point if they left that program for any other school. Even at 0-10, Richlands would probably be better for a kid looking to relocate 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I know, lol! I just wouldn't blame any kid at this point if they left that program for any other school. 😂😂

In all honesty, if LCA is allowed to compete in VHSL, everyone should be able to transfer and play where they want. It’s not like VHSL has a leg to stand on if anyone got caught recruiting. Threaten a lawsuit, they’ll cave like they did with LCA and Grayson County. 

27 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Since Clements didn’t win Region D Player of the Year is he still eligible to win the Kennedy Award?

15 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I know, lol! I just wouldn't blame any kid at this point if they left that program for any other school. Even at 0-10, Richlands would probably be better for a kid looking to relocate 😂😂😂

Are they 0-10 if those two kids are still there? 

20 minutes ago, sixcat said:

In all honesty, if LCA is allowed to compete in VHSL, everyone should be able to transfer and play where they want. It’s not like VHSL has a leg to stand on if anyone got caught recruiting. Threaten a lawsuit, they’ll cave like they did with LCA and Grayson County. 

Out of reactions but agree! I don’t begrudge any kid going to where they think is the best fit for them. With John Marshall & LCA , situations, every high school athlete in VA should be able play wherever they want. 

42 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Since Clements didn’t win Region D Player of the Year is he still eligible to win the Kennedy Award?

LOL..I had to look it up. 

"Kennedy Award, is a high school sports award...given annually to the West Virginia High School Football Player of the Year"

53 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Just now, Liam McPoyle said:

LOL..I had to look it up. 

"Kennedy Award, is a high school sports award...given annually to the West Virginia High School Football Player of the Year"

🤣🤣🤣

Better teach them boys to bear crawl and hold their ground.  Riverheads ain't doing anything different,  coming straight at people until they stop it,  then going to the other side.  I like watching them, it's a simple offense but executed well.  Run inside/ outside, rt/lt, little misdirection, don't get fancy but keep defenses honest. 

On 6/29/2023 at 9:37 PM, sixcat said:

I’m not sure if this is as bold as some people might think. Galax will struggle to break .500 this season!!!

You and I were both wrong about this year's team, I did say they might surprise some people if they could get their young line straightened out but I never thought they would make this far. Shane Allen deserves a lot of props for the job he had done with this team this season.

Just now, MT FAN 91 said:

You and I were both wrong about this year's team, I did say they might surprise some people if they could get their young line straightened out but I never thought they would make this far. Shane Allen deserves a lot of props for the job he had done with this team this season.

I’m happy to be wrong. With only 4 seniors starting, it’s looking pretty good going forward. Shane deserves a lot of credit. If for no other reason than just keeping the kids pulling in the same direction after that 1-3 start to the season. He could have easily lost the team after that start. 

10 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I’m happy to be wrong. With only 4 seniors starting, it’s looking pretty good going forward. Shane deserves a lot of credit. If for no other reason than just keeping the kids pulling in the same direction after that 1-3 start to the season. He could have easily lost the team after that start. 

I'm right there with you as I'm very happy to have been wrong about this young team. Next year's team will have two huge holes to fill with trying to replace Ashworth and Tucker.