Numbers

Real Sasquatch

Please post #s for the first days of practice for your teams.  This is something that we normally post each year.  More then expected, about what expected, etc...  Good numbers usually indicate a strong program.   Interested to see articles on trams first practices too, if you have any good links, please post them and save us old fogeys the effort and eyesight of searching 

Anyone know Giles numbers? Back when I was in school consistently had over 40. Seems that depth has been an issue over the last few years. Odd that other schools of the same size and some even smaller have way more kids coming out and higher numbers.

3 hours ago, nrv_football said:

Anyone know Giles numbers? Back when I was in school consistently had over 40. Seems that depth has been an issue over the last few years. Odd that other schools of the same size and some even smaller have way more kids coming out and higher numbers.

22 is what I heard with a few on vacation. Pitiful. 

16 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

22 is what I heard with a few on vacation. Pitiful. 

Ouch hard to be successful with that turnout. They will be wore out by the 3rd quarter playing both ways. Injuries would be very bad with numbers like that. That is very pitiful considering other 1A schools with less enrollment have better numbers than that. 

Giles had 24 receive equipment.  Roughly 5-6 already have their equipment. 2 more got equipment today (afternoon).  3-4 on vacation and will return this weekend for Monday AM practice.   We will have around 35ish to 38 max to open the season against Blacksburg.  

13 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Giles had 24 receive equipment.  Roughly 5-6 already have their equipment. 2 more got equipment today (afternoon).  3-4 on vacation and will return this weekend for Monday AM practice.   We will have around 35ish to 38 max to open the season against Blacksburg.  

That seems more reasonable.

Way more reasonable 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

That seems more reasonable.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Much better

18 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Good to hear! Thanks for the info!

18 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham looked to have 50ish give or take when I drove by on my way to work this afternoon. Maybe someone can independently verify the exact number. 

Not to hijack the thread, but since Gridiron60 mentioned Graham, Brody Meadows is now projected to start at Virginia Tech at Left Tackle as a redshirt freshmen in the OPINION of ONE source.  It's NOT official. https://www.gobblercountry.com/2023/7/31/23814445/virginia-tech-hokies-roster-review-offensive-line-acc-football

Any word on 

Union, Galax, George Wythe, Ridgeview, Grayson, Bluefield, Richlands?  I'm interested in how many these schools have out.  I just read where one of the Graham fans wrote that Hairston is out for the Bluefield vs Graham game.   That's a Monumental loss for Bluefield.  It's the kind of loss that can be the factor as to whether the Beavers compete or don't compete for a state title.  

17 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Not to hijack the thread, but since Gridiron60 mentioned Graham, Brody Meadows is now projected to start at Virginia Tech at Left Tackle as a redshirt freshmen in the OPINION of ONE source.  It's NOT official. https://www.gobblercountry.com/2023/7/31/23814445/virginia-tech-hokies-roster-review-offensive-line-acc-football

Any word on 

Union, Galax, George Wythe, Ridgeview, Grayson, Bluefield, Richlands?  I'm interested in how many these schools have out.  I just read where one of the Graham fans wrote that Hairston is out for the Bluefield vs Graham game.   That's a Monumental loss for Bluefield.  It's the kind of loss that can be the factor as to whether the Beavers compete or don't compete for a state title.  

I think he's out for the entire year

37 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham looked to have 50ish give or take when I drove by on my way to work this afternoon. Maybe someone can independently verify the exact number. 

Pretty good count driving by. They have 56 according to my count when I was there today but with them moving around I could be off 1-2. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

50 ish is about right

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Any word on 

61 for Union, give or take a couple.

Media day is Saturday, so we'll see how many are in the pic. Also, we'll see how close we are on the 1 to 1 coach/player initiative. Haha 

8 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Media day is Saturday, so we'll see how many are in the pic. Also, we'll see how close we are on the 1 to 1 coach/player initiative. Haha 

I trust y’all will have great coach coverage as always 😂 the more the merrier 😂

50 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

But we need all those coaches to teach the kids the 7 plays we run lol