Random thoughts.

Real Sasquatch

3 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

That was definitely random! 😁

Thanks.  Didn't know where to put it.  But, I think kids will take more pride in their schools if they look nice.  Having good athletic teams helps too.  Plus, I thought it would be cool to have a thread for just random stuff that pops in our heads...  I would love to see an upgrade to Tazewells stadium sometime too.  I think nice facilities attract kids to play.  The field house at THS is really nice, would like to see improvements to the stadium.  

7 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Thanks.  Didn't know where to put it.  But, I think kids will take more pride in their schools if they look nice.  Having good athletic teams helps too.  Plus, I thought it would be cool to have a thread for just random stuff that pops in our heads...  I would love to see an upgrade to Tazewells stadium sometime too.  I think nice facilities attract kids to play.  The field house at THS is really nice, would like to see improvements to the stadium.  

Agree!

I wish all the schools in SWVA could have new/updated facilities for every sport.

That's how the college world attracts recruits.

5 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I wonder how much it would cost Tazewell County to pressure wash the High Schools?  They are in need of a good cleaning. Perhaps the local fire departments could hose them down and get some practice in at the same time?  

Buddy that's a great idea there's only one problem. Anything more than the pressure from your water hose you have at your house would more than likely cave the walls in at any of the 3 of our high schools. 

On 7/24/2023 at 9:32 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

It would be nice if they would do the synthetic turf field. Seems like they always get left out. It has always felt like they were an after thought and Richlands and Graham would get what ever they wanted.

1 minute ago, b_dawg74 said:

It would be nice if they would do the synthetic turf field. Seems like they always get left out. It has always felt like they were an after thought and Richlands and Graham would get what ever they wanted.

Tazewell was offered one back in 2007 but turned it down from what i was told.

2 hours ago, b_dawg74 said:

I honestly hope Tazewell never gets a turf field. I personally like the grass better. I've always liked their field. Their stand may not be the best but the field I like. Tazewell's stadium has that small town Friday night football feel about it. Kinda has the same feeling that Giles has. Just my opinion.

45 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I honestly hope Tazewell never gets a turf field. I personally like the grass better. I've always liked their field. Their stand may not be the best but the field I like. Tazewell's stadium has that small town Friday night football feel about it. Kinda has the same feeling that Giles has. Just my opinion.

Turf or grass doesn’t matter to me but actually hash marks would be a great touch

2 hours ago, tornado99 said:

I wonder about what a poll would show now with turf vs grass. Recent NFL players seem to prefer grass now due to injury statistics. I’m sure cost is an advantage to turf due to lack of maintenance.

The medical and scientific data have been out there for over a decade but it's too often ignored or overlooked. Many with something to gain have spent considerable time and resources disseminating misinformation as well.

I'll let you Google and find your rabbit hole of choice but it's readily available and voluminous.

2 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I think Tazewell is slated to get turf and Richlands is getting theirs replaced. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think Tazewell is slated to get turf and Richlands is getting theirs replaced. 

I don’t believe Tazewell will get turf. Too many wanting a full service track and soccer field to go along with it. There’s not enough room to make all that happen. I hear they’ll re-sod and go from there. I like the grass field, one of the better ones around.

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I like the grass field at Tazewell, the stadium needs some upgrades, however.  

What would you upgrade? It can still look great with a grass field. Needs a full track. Press box needs a makeover. Both stands need a facelift. Still a great high school football stadium. 

14 hours ago, SpillBoss said:

I don’t believe Tazewell will get turf. Too many wanting a full service track and soccer field to go along with it. There’s not enough room to make all that happen. I hear they’ll re-sod and go from there. I like the grass field, one of the better ones around.

Patience, Grasshopper.  🙂

23 hours ago, CPF said:

Tazewell was offered one back in 2007 but turned it down from what i was told.

There is some truth to that and anybody that knows the story of the Price debacle, well what a mess that would have been.  Also has been brought up about who will pay to maintain and returf the field when the time would come.

Leave it grass, not a fan of turf fields at all.  Sure they look nice but seen to many injuries occur on turf fields that "might" not have happened on grass.  Either way grass fields is what high school football is all about.