Graham vs Bluefield

KW23

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Bumping this back up as the game draws closer.  Bluefield and Graham both scrimmage at Mitchell this week.  Bluefield has Abingdon Thursday and Graham has James Monroe on Friday.

Good measuring stick scrimmage for Graham this week. JM returning a lot of talent. 

20 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Bluefield does not want to go to war with the G-Men…. Graham by 14

Bluefield always finds a way to keep it close if not win. Simone always has some sort of trickery up his sleeve that catches the GMen off guard. With that said, I hope you’re right 🤞

The Graham radio guys always do “Keys to the Game”  The obvious is be the one with the most points when the clock hits 00:00 but how does each ensure it’s their respective team with the most points? I’ll be curious if y’all’s keys are the same as Mr. Robinson & Mr. Matthews. 

Keys for Graham?

Keys for Bluefield? 

21 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

The Graham radio guys always do “Keys to the Game”  The obvious is be the one with the most points when the clock hits 00:00 but how does each ensure it’s their respective team with the most points? I’ll be curious if y’all’s keys are the same as Mr. Robinson & Mr. Matthews. 

Keys for Graham?

Keys for Bluefield? 

Keys for Graham:  Play smart, stay in your lanes, don't make stupid penalties.  Get the mental block out of your head, you have beaten this team twice in a row now - Graham is the favorite, they need to believe that.

Keys for Bluefield:  Capitalize on your possessions, protect the Quarterback and play keep away from Graham.  Hold on to the football.

The difference in this game imo is Graham stopping the big play from Bluefield which will give Graham's inexperienced QB time to get comfortable as the season goes along.  Meaning....Graham's going to be run heavy early on and that will kill lots of clock and shorten games (clock keeps moving) until the QB and passing game come along.  If the game is shortened against an opponent you are probably better than, the last thing you want to do is allow that opponent to score with Big plays.  It's unlikely, especially with the loss of Hairston, that Bluefield is simply going to drive the field with 12 to 14 play drives and score on Graham's defense more than 2 times in this game.  This means if you're Graham, don't allow the big play.  Bluefield will be playing run on defense knowing the QB is young and inexperienced.  Graham will have about 3 to 4 occasions in this game where a WR is running completely wide open.  Graham needs to go 1 for 2 (50% of these need to be throws that hit the receiver).  If Graham does this by not allowing the big play on defense, and they can connect on 50% of what will be 3 or 4 times in this game where a WR is running wide open, they win.

If Graham goes 1 for 4 or 0 for 4 on those occasional moments where they have a WR running wide open and the ball doesn't get there or is overthrown, and if Bluefield hits 2 huge big plays to score quick without being forced to drive the field for points, Bluefield will win the game. or the game will go right down to the wire with Bluefield having a chance to win  Just my opinions and that opinion is LIMITED.  I watched Graham against James Monroe and I watched Bluefield only for a 2 minute or so clip against Staunton, so again I admit, a very limited opinion.

Edited by BandanaVTDavis4321

17 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

The difference in this game imo is Graham stopping the big play from Bluefield which will give Graham's inexperienced QB time to get comfortable as the season goes along.  Meaning....Graham's going to be run heavy early on and that will kill lots of clock and shorten games (clock keeps moving) until the QB and passing game come along.  If the game is shortened against an opponent you are probably better than, the last thing you want to do is allow that opponent to score with Big plays.  It's unlikely, especially with the loss of Hairston, that Bluefield is simply going to drive the field with 12 to 14 play drives and score on Graham's defense more than 2 times in this game.  This means if you're Graham, don't allow the big play.  Bluefield will be playing run on defense knowing the QB is young and inexperienced.  Graham will have about 3 to 4 occasions in this game where a WR is running completely wide open.  Graham needs to go 1 for 2 (50% of these need to be throws that hit the receiver).  If Graham does this by not allowing the big play on defense, and they can connect on 50% of what will be 3 or 4 times in this game where a WR is running wide open, they win.

If Graham goes 1 for 4 or 0 for 4 on those occasional moments where they have a WR running wide open and the ball doesn't get there or is overthrown, and if Bluefield hits 2 huge big plays to score quick without being forced to drive the field for points, Bluefield will win the game. or the game will go right down to the wire with Bluefield having a chance to win  Just my opinions and that opinion is LIMITED.  I watched Graham against James Monroe and I watched Bluefield only for a 2 minute or so clip against Staunton, so again I admit, a very limited opinion.

This analysis is spot on. Good ole Freddy always has a trick play or two up his sleeve. For Graham to win, they have to stop the big play. That’s what kept Bluefield in the game last year when Graham should have shut them down. A 27-12 lead at halftime shouldn’t end in a 29-25 win, even though Graham won. Bluefield always has the mental advantage for whatever reason. Palmer has done a good job at changing that aspect. Graham has to get over the fact that the team lining up against them has that beaver on the jersey. 

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Graham needs to make some risky/gutsy calls. Like doing a fake punt on 4th and 20 on their side of the field like they did against Ridgeview last season 😂

Central Woodstock returned that favor on behalf of the Wolfpack. Talk about gutsy but they got the first down! In the end it didn’t help them but it was a great play! 

I think Graham has the people to match big plays.  What Graham needs to do is lean on them every play.  If you are bigger and stronger you lean on your opponent the whole time.   Make them feel the mismatch every play.  Graham has a young QB.  You protect him by not putting him in a position to win the game for you, and not putting him in a position where he can loose it for you.  He’ll come along. 

rumor is the floyd kid has moved back to bluefield wv and didnt play in the two scrimmages for graham. can anyone confirm if they heard the same thing? would be a loss for graham and a gain for the beavers if true.

8 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

rumor is the floyd kid has moved back to bluefield wv and didnt play in the two scrimmages for graham. can anyone confirm if they heard the same thing? would be a loss for graham and a gain for the beavers if true.

He’s at Graham.

15 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

Played in both scrimmages