Week 2 Updates

Gridiron60

In Fort Pierce tonight...

Fort Pierce Westwood 18

Stuart South Fork 16

South Fork missed a FG to take the lead with under a minute to go. 

Tomorrow night is Tampa Jesuit at Treasure Coast, and we get a rare Wednesday night game next week with Palm Beach Gardens & Vero Beach, which was postponed tomorrow night because of a COVID outbreak at PBGHS. Hopefully, next week will deliver 3 games for us. 

I still believe Grayson has a good shot at winning the Region and moving on just based on their sheer athleticism.  Two areas need massive improvement the O-line play and overall discipline.  Way too many penalties and alot of showboating.. 

7 hours ago, Pickett said:

I still believe Grayson has a good shot at winning the Region and moving on just based on their sheer athleticism.  Two areas need massive improvement the O-line play and overall discipline.  Way too many penalties and alot of showboating.. 

I thought their line played good last night especially the right side. The rest you are spot on about.  I watched them in two  games now and they have struggled against two very weak teams. They are going to have to really clean things up to make get to regionals and beyond.  

side note - is the Gillespie kid banged up ? As seemed way off and every time he got the ball netted negative yardage. The kid seemed like the best athlete on the field last year 

17 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

West Coast Website Predicted Scores. 

Princeton 31, Bluefield 17

Graham 35, Galax 7

Riverheads 31, Tazewell 13

Radford 44, Giles 8

Union 38, Richlands 3

I’ll be interested to see the accuracy of that prediction. I’m doubtful 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I'd like to see Tazewell win for sure so hopefully it's wrong and Union score could be right considering we'll miss 4 extra points

I guess I should clarify. I was most skeptical of the Graham/Galax, Bluefield/Princeton, & Radford/Giles scores. I figured other two would be fairly accurate. 

13 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’ll be interested to see the accuracy of that prediction. I’m doubtful 😂😂😂

Same here Gridiron60.  Im doubtful on those predictions for sure. Got to keep in mind, it's early season, so they only have one or two games across the country so far as the sample size. Historically, their accuracy climbs in parallel with the amount of games played (as the season progresses) because more sample size feeds into their database.

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I guess I should clarify. I was most skeptical of the Graham/Galax, Bluefield/Princeton, & Radford/Giles scores. I figured other two would be fairly accurate. 

I think Princeton and Bluefield is crazy. I'm hopeful Giles-Radford is way off, but I'm worried.

42 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think Princeton and Bluefield is crazy. I'm hopeful Giles-Radford is way off, but I'm worried.

I know zero about Princeton but they’re a power house every year right 

1 hour ago, Duke2015 said:

I know zero about Princeton but they’re a power house every year right 

Not historically. Historically, one of the worst performing WV AAA schools (bottom third for sure), but.....major change the last 3 years with steady improvement and now, bigtime improvement. Probably a top 7ish WV AAA team the last 2 or so years and this year, 5th-6th best. Run a wide open offense. Ball goes in the air a whole lot