The Backyard Brawl Richlands @ Tazewell

Iceman2553

I think the outcome of this game depends on if Creasy can play or not and if he plays, how hampered is he by his injury.  I believe Creasy passed for over 400 yards against Richlands last year (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).  That's a huge loss for the Dogs,  if he doesn't  play.  I think the Dogs will have enough offense to beat Richlands, but it will be a much closer contest and I wouldn't be surprised if Richlands pulls out the win.  With the plethora of quality receivers that the Dogs have, I would imagine that the backup would be working on the short passing game and timing if Creasy is out.  I don't know much about the backup QB, I think the Dogs had a different backup last season.  It appeared that he settled down a bit during the Riverheads game as the game went along.  If he plays and the Dogs can protect him, I think he will do fine, but just not the same as if Creasy were in there.  Nevertheless, If I were the Dogs, I would do what I could to get the ball into the hands of my athletes.  Those athletes being Logan McDonald, Brody Patterson, Ayvree Zeigler, Reece Mullins and Brock Alley (Yes, even with the cast on).  Even if you have to do end-arounds, quick Bubble Screens, Screen Passes, etc...  I would also like to see them put a couple of those big linemen in the backfield like Graham did last season to lead block for Zeigler and try to spring him loose with his speed.  But hey I'm just a bleacher coach (or couch maybe), just thinking out-loud.

Defensively, I think they will be able to keep Richlands out of the end-zone for the most part.  I think The Bulldogs will have superior line play and their athletes are fast enough on defense to contain the somewhat limited speed of Richlands.   But if they can't score on offense, Richlands may sneak up on them and win this game.  I still favor the Dogs to win, with or without Creasy, but it'll be tough if he is out.

Hate that Tazewell's QB1 is hurt, but you can't count Richlands out.  First two games were against two top teir teams in the region, and not dishing Tazewell, but with the injury situation, it makes it a different game.  Richlands has had some good things happen in both games and has talent enough to play with anyone. We must remember that this is one of those games where you throw out the record and let the teams go at each other.  The players are going to be heckling each other all week long, and to each of them, this is probably one of the most important games of the year.  Each wanting to win the game for braging rights, each very capable, and most of the time it turns out to be a hard fought battle, and could come down to trun-overs and penalties.  Wishing all the players an injury free game and hope each have a fun time on the field.  This is what friday night lights are all about.  Don't count Richlands out by any means.  Go Blues!!!!!

10 hours ago, Tru Blue72 said:

Hate that Tazewell's QB1 is hurt, but you can't count Richlands out.  First two games were against two top teir teams in the region, and not dishing Tazewell, but with the injury situation, it makes it a different game.  Richlands has had some good things happen in both games and has talent enough to play with anyone. We must remember that this is one of those games where you throw out the record and let the teams go at each other.  The players are going to be heckling each other all week long, and to each of them, this is probably one of the most important games of the year.  Each wanting to win the game for braging rights, each very capable, and most of the time it turns out to be a hard fought battle, and could come down to trun-overs and penalties.  Wishing all the players an injury free game and hope each have a fun time on the field.  This is what friday night lights are all about.  Don't count Richlands out by any means.  God Blues!!!!!

Even with everybody healthy,  can't count anybody out in a rivalry like this.

13 hours ago, Tru Blue72 said:

Hate that Tazewell's QB1 is hurt, but you can't count Richlands out.  First two games were against two top teir teams in the region, and not dishing Tazewell, but with the injury situation, it makes it a different game.  Richlands has had some good things happen in both games and has talent enough to play with anyone. We must remember that this is one of those games where you throw out the record and let the teams go at each other.  The players are going to be heckling each other all week long, and to each of them, this is probably one of the most important games of the year.  Each wanting to win the game for braging rights, each very capable, and most of the time it turns out to be a hard fought battle, and could come down to trun-overs and penalties.  Wishing all the players an injury free game and hope each have a fun time on the field.  This is what friday night lights are all about.  Don't count Richlands out by any means.  God Blues!!!!!

With all this being said..

Dawgs by 21+. 

8 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I heard today that Creasy is good to go. Again, I heard. Don’t know if true or not, but if it is it’s gonna be a rough night for the blues I believe. I believe tazewell without Creasy will still win by 21+

Guess we’ll know tomorrow night!

9 hours ago, Graham32 said:

With all this being said..

Dawgs by 21+. 

You may be right, but I have seen crazy things happen in this game over the years.  I'll still hold out hope that the Blues come out on top.  Once again, hope all the players enjoy this game and remember it for a life time.  Go Blues!!!

I’m with Tru Blue72. I’m very hopeful that in a rivalry game, anything can happen. Win or lose while the odds are stacked against the Blues this season, surviving these trials will pay off for the younger players. Go Blues!

1 hour ago, Tru Blue72 said:

You may be right, but I have seen crazy things happen in this game over the years.  I'll still hold out hope that the Blues come out on top.  Once again, hope all the players enjoy this game and remember it for a life time.  Go Blues!!!

I was just picking on you. I have no idea how good Tazewell or Richlands is lol. 

18 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I heard today that Creasy is good to go. Again, I heard. Don’t know if true or not, but if it is it’s gonna be a rough night for the blues I believe. I believe tazewell without Creasy will still win by 21+

Not what I'm hearing at all.

51 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

On paper Tazewell wins hands down but a lot of people were saying that about Graham & Bluefield with Graham running away with it. I look for Tazewell to win but I won’t be shocked if some craziness happens and Richlands somehow pulls off the win. 

Good point man.  So true.  The old saying, one of the greatest neutralizers of talent is not just coaching and weather.  It's also rivalry games.  It's amazing how so many times over and over, whatever perceived talent gap there is with school A and school B is incredibly narrowed when Team A and B are rivals.

Strange things always happens with this game, but the second half being played on a different night just about takes the cake.  Richlands only needs to match Tazewell score for score to come out on top.  Tazewell needs to go to the air in a hurry up offense, but they have to stop Richlands from running clock.  So how does everyone see this turning out?