Union/Graham

Gridiron60

No state championship is won or lost in week 4. Obviously this does make things a little easier for Union getting to play at home in the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see how these two teams do going forward. Tonight's outcome didn't surprise me at all. This Graham team needs to get their heads right.

2 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

No state championship is won or lost in week 4. Obviously this does make things a little easier for Union getting to play at home in the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see how these two teams do going forward. Tonight's outcome didn't surprise me at all. This Graham team needs to get their heads right.

Bears need to focus on GC. Way too early to be thinking that a hone field spot is ours. RV will also have a say in things.

Just getting back home and some quick, unorganized thoughts. 

Keith Chandler is HIM. Graham couldn’t do anything with him and Unions offensive line for the majority of the night. 

Reyshawn Anderson played very well and had some very quick decision making shown. 

There has been some discussion of how much Graham can improve. I think the same for Union. I think I give Union a B+ tonight compared to what could have been. Still some growth there. It’ll happen. 

Im glad the game didn’t get too chippy. The pregame trash talk before they ran through the banners had me uncertain. 

@BigWinners and @Duke2015, do you believe now?

24 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I'm not so certain of that one.  Graham is without arguably its best lineman who I think they said returns late in the season in game 8 or 9, and Clements, a first team All State RB and Div 1 future player was gimpy and it was noticeable.  Graham's offense is a "clicky" type offense, lots of passes, lots of timing, etc.   Add a new QB and new OL to that mix, and it's great to play em in the first half of the season.  They will be more than a problem when they play again with more than 10 games under the belt for the QB, the line, and the WR's.  

hmm qb isn't mobile,o and d line are no where close to being as good as last year even if said kid comes back, union plays a tougher schedule and not the softie graham has played and will continue to play the rest of the season. also hate it for their RB who is injured but he will not be 100 all year. nature of his injury unless they sit him out till playoffs

6 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

hmm qb isn't mobile,o and d line are no where close to being as good as last year even if said kid comes back, union plays a tougher schedule and not the softie graham has played and will continue to play the rest of the season. also hate it for their RB who is injured but he will not be 100 all year. nature of his injury unless they sit him out till playoffs

All I'm saying is, dangerous mistake to pick against Graham as an automatic loss down at Union in the playoffs.  

17 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

dude listen! they didn't and they wont!  he is calling it like he sees it!!

You Bears fans act like you blew us out of the water. Graham had all the chances in the world to win this game. They didn’t and Union did. Hats off to them for playing better tonight.

I really do hope we get a redemption game.

Goodluck the rest of the way. 

Graham still has athletes everywhere and explosiveness capabilities.

It was obvious that Clements was not 100%. QB is young and made some mistakes. Still a very good and dangerous football team.

Tonight, the Bears won the line of scrimmage. That resulted in the win. No guarantees it happens again. Both teams have 6 games left to get everything ironed out plus the possibility of a couple playoff games before they can meet again.

If that happens, this game means nothing. It will be anyone's game then too and will go to the team that wants it the most.

I know Graham will be ready. Just hope Union is too.

14 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Question for Graham fans… Why hasn’t someone broken into the locker room, stolen those yellow uniforms, and taken them to the landfill? Other than Narrows, those have to be worse looking uniforms…(yes I’m still salty towards Narrows)

After tonight, I’d say Tony Palmer himself will haul them to the dump! 😂 I started to turn around and go home when I walked in Mitchell tonight & saw the GMen wearing them. I really wanted to see the new lights so I stayed. 😂

49 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

All I'm saying is, dangerous mistake to pick against Graham as an automatic loss down at Union in the playoffs.  

Not many folks are foolish enough to bet against a program like Graham.

40 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

You Bears fans act like you blew us out of the water. Graham had all the chances in the world to win this game. They didn’t and Union did. Hats off to them for playing better tonight.

4 minutes ago, Unchained said:
45 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

Not so much as blew Graham out of the water, but more like whipped Graham on the LOS. Everyone knew going in that the team that was more physical would win this game. Union was the more physical team. They may not be every night, but tonight they were. Hopefully we'll see Graham again. We really have been the only in-state rivalry you all have had since we formed, Bears now narrowly lead the series 6-5 

1 hour ago, Graham32 said:

Not bear fans it’s 1 guy probably with 2 names posting this childish stuff we’re not all stupid enough to think Union is world beaters