Union/Graham

Gridiron60

7 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Very good chance that the winner of this game will be the host of game 2 (IF....IF  these 2 teams meet in the Region D Title Game).  If the Bears win, strong chance Graham would have to travel to the Park come playoff time.  If Graham wins, it's almost a guarantee approaching nearly 100% that they would host the Region D Title game, if they win the first 2 in the playoffs.  Lots of season left and lots of ifs.  Ridgeview is the one variable that could ruin the party for Unon.  If you're Union, the goal is to not play Ridgeview two times, so getting that 1 seed in the playoffs could be huge.  Lots on the line in Bluefield next weekend.  Should be one heck of a football game between two juggernauts. 

Appomattox.  Again, lots of ifs.  If Appo wins their region, the Union Graham game this weekend again looms larrge.  If the Bears and GMen meet in the Region Title Game, you want to host and not travel to Appo who will likely finish 8-2.  They are 0-2 now, but will likely win their last 8, and an 8-2 Appo likely will outpoint an 8-2 Union or possibly even a 9-1 Graham.  In Region C, of course, Radford and Glenvar are trying to ruin the party for Appo.  

The point I'm making is this.  The kids playing in this game care about one thing.  Winning the game this upcoming weekend.  But for fans, this game actually has huge significiance regarding power points/hosting inside Region D, and for whoever wins Region D regarding whether they are hosting in the semi's or traveling.

Not so sure Appomattox will finish 8-2, they have Lord Botetourt this week.  Could easily start 0-3.

55 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Not so sure Appomattox will finish 8-2, they have Lord Botetourt this week.  Could easily start 0-3.

Just seen that. I don't think they beat LB. They might, but that would surprise me a little.  I would like to go and see that game and the Graham-Union game. 

12 hours ago, Graham32 said:

Watched Union on NFHS. If Graham comes out and plays the way they have past 3 weeks I could see Union winning by 21+. Union is fast and has some size. Graham better bring their A+++++ game for this one. 

0% chance Union wins by 21

11 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

0% chance Union wins by 21

Stranger things have happened!

Graham has the potential to be very dangerous if things start clicking. Union I feel like is already dangerous. I don’t think the loss of Hughes can be overlooked. It’s a game changer against a team like Union unless that “next man up mentality kicks into overdrive. If Clements is still out, that will hurt too. Jennings has done well though. He’s a great athlete. Edwards has had a couple of really good games. Hopefully, Floyd is back to full strength. The QB is progressing and Union will be a good test for him. But man, Union’s QB is something special. Kid is fast! Graham’s defense will need to be spot on Friday night. 

Watching both on NFHS.  I don't think Graham runs it on Union very well, even with Clements who is deadly.  I also don't think Union will pass it very well on Graham with Graham's secondary.  The game will be decided (purely an opinion here) with who does 1 of these 2 things the best.

1.  Union- QB runs, scrambles when nobody is open and on designed QB runs.  If he does this really well through the game and makes Graham's front 7 miss, Union will win.

2. Graham- Union's improved secondary, but still not so great secondary as it relates to covering speedy receivers is still present.  If the Roberts kid is now developed/improved enough through the first 3 games where he lights up Union in the air with 3 and 4 receivers on pass routes and throws it consistently well, Graham will win.  

One QB's running success or lack of success (Union) and the other QB's throwing success or lack of success (Graham) will decide the game.  Whichever one does it better wins.  Just my opinion.

On 9/9/2023 at 4:26 PM, Union_Fan said:

I'm hoping that the Bears are healthy and healed up come Friday.

Had a couple in street clothes for the SH game and a couple more banged up after.

Looking for another exciting game. Injuries on both sides will be key.

Both teams appear to be very evenly matched, overall. Not as much of a contrast in styles as years past.

If Union controls the speed of the GMen as well as they did SH, and play as tough on the line, Bears win.

Do it not, and it will be a long ride home to BSG.

As of now, weather looks perfect. Hope it stays that way.

Wasn't any starters in street clothes /but I say Union 28 Gmen 14

Just now, Duke2015 said:

Graham 35

Union     20

union 1 year away I believe.  Just can’t see them winning a huge game starting 5-6 sophomores 

Graham starts some sophomores & maybe a freshmen or two not sure. I believe early on in GW game 7 or 8 of the 11 on the field were freshman & sophomores. They rotate out a lot but still Graham has several playing who have never played varsity before this year. I think it will be close and go either way. But if Union wins by running a TD the last few seconds instead of choosing to go into OT, I may need therapy. 😂😂😂😂

18 minutes ago, Dawg pride said:

Wasn't any starters in street clothes /but I say Union 28 Gmen 14

#1 started against Lee and Richlands at WR. #77 was rotating in against Richlands in the 1st quarter. He could have come in handy against SH for depth on the line.

But yes, Union can absolutely win Friday night.

22 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Stranger things have happened!

Graham has the potential to be very dangerous if things start clicking. Union I feel like is already dangerous. I don’t think the loss of Hughes can be overlooked. It’s a game changer against a team like Union unless that “next man up mentality kicks into overdrive. If Clements is still out, that will hurt too. Jennings has done well though. He’s a great athlete. Edwards has had a couple of really good games. Hopefully, Floyd is back to full strength. The QB is progressing and Union will be a good test for him. But man, Union’s QB is something special. Kid is fast! Graham’s defense will need to be spot on Friday night. 

I think Lineplay will be key in this one.  Union appears to have good lineplay, as does Graham.  Graham has probably 7 or 8 linemen on offense and defense that rotate in and out with no noticeable drop off.  There is some youth there, however.  If Clements plays and is healthy, I give the edge to Graham.  If Clements is out, I think it's a toss up.  Graham seems to improve throughout the season these past few years, not sure if they are where they need to be yet to beat Union, without Clements who can be a spectacular player.  I agree with Bandana that if Graham can protect Dalton and he manages to have a good night passing the ball, that could be the difference.  Graham has some talented and athletic receivers 

5 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

#1 started against Lee and Richlands at WR. #77 was rotating in against Richlands in the 1st quarter. He could have come in handy against SH for depth on the line.

But yes, Union can absolutely win Friday night.

I was wondering why 1 wasn’t playing but never seen him in street clothes or dressed 

There is way to much respect and decency going on in this thread between Union and G-Men fans.  

With the above written, will Graham cheat Union in this game?  Will Union cheat and bring a train horn and fire it right at the snap of the ball when the G-Men are under center.  Will Union do lots of late hits?  Will Graham play dirty and do late hits?  Who's eating at McDonalds after the game?  What about that sorry Graham home crowd or those Union traveling "rednecks"?

26 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

There is way to much respect and decency going on in this thread between Union and G-Men fans.  

With the above written, will Graham cheat Union in this game?  Will Union cheat and bring a train horn and fire it right at the snap of the ball when the G-Men are under center.  Will Union do lots of late hits?  Will Graham play dirty and do late hits?  Who's eating at McDonalds after the game?  What about that sorry Graham home crowd or those Union traveling "rednecks"?

I think you just brought us closer together. Now, Union and Graham fans have a common enemy in an instigating Giles fan. 😂

Of course all the above will happen! It's Grahan/Union. That's part of the game! haha

25 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Hey, I mentioned I’d need therapy if Union pulled another “Satterfield” last second win! 😂 Coach Turner is a trickster! 

I’m all for Union posting a motivational video for their team. Ummmmm…I mean our team 😂😂😂😂

53 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I'm just trying to be humble because I think this is the year Union gets the best of Graham. Graham has looked so sloppy in their first 3 games. It should be a good game to watch. 

13 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I think Lineplay will be key in this one.  Union appears to have good lineplay, as does Graham.  Graham has probably 7 or 8 linemen on offense and defense that rotate in and out with no noticeable drop off.  There is some youth there, however.  If Clements plays and is healthy, I give the edge to Graham.  If Clements is out, I think it's a toss up.  Graham seems to improve throughout the season these past few years, not sure if they are where they need to be yet to beat Union, without Clements who can be a spectacular player.  I agree with Bandana that if Graham can protect Dalton and he manages to have a good night passing the ball, that could be the difference.  Graham has some talented and athletic receivers 

On a side note, the loss of Hughes is big but Gabe Lilly has stepped up. I am impressed with this young man. He’s an athlete and hard worker.