Richlands @ Lebanon

bulldog05-CO2017

How is richlands pass rush? Almost every snap in Lebanons first 3 games the qb has to scramble. And if Richlands can keep their offense on the field they will win by 2+ scores. If not, Lebanon wins by 1 score

Lebanon has not defeated Richlands since 1993.The Blues have won the past 15 in the series.

Richlands is currently on a six game losing skid dating back to the David Crockett game a season ago. That is tied for the longest skid since the Blues dropped six in a row last year and six in a row in 1989.

A loss for Richlands will be its seventh in a row, which would be the longest since that 1989 season where the Blue Tornado dropped its final seven games of the '89 campaign.

This game should be a competitive one. This will be the first team that Richlands has faced that does not have a winning record. Lebanon has won the only game they have played against a team with a losing record. I think Lebanon will have the best player on the field with Reese but they will also bring in the worst defense Richlands has faced up to this point. I would say the winner will be the team that gets to 35 first. I also think Lebanon will be that team just because of the Reese factor.   

I hope , for the sake of the players, Richlands wins, but in all reality, this team has a problem.  I won't discuss what I think that problem is, but I believe from talking to a lot of people, everyone knows what it is, but no one from the top down wants to fix it. Quote of the day: "Oh, well, that's the way the cookie crumbles."

3 hours ago, Tru Blue72 said:

I hope , for the sake of the players, Richlands wins, but in all reality, this team has a problem.  I won't discuss what I think that problem is, but I believe from talking to a lot of people, everyone knows what it is, but no one from the top down wants to fix it. Quote of the day: "Oh, well, that's the way the cookie crumbles."

I gotta hear more. On here or in a message, I just want to know because I have heard multiple things that I don't know if they have any substance. 

9 hours ago, Tru Blue72 said:

Yes, I would like to know what this means too.

Richlands has never lost every game in a season. There’s two occasions of 0-9-1. But never 0-10. 
Unless they can win at Marion — this team will go down as the worst team record-wise in the history of Richlands High School. The same school that played for a state title 6 years ago. 

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands has never lost every gene in a season. There’s two occasions of 0-9-1. But never 0-10. 
Unless they can win at Marion — this team will go down as the worst team record-wise in the history of Richlands High School. The same school that played for a state title 6 years ago. 

A lot can change in six years.

9 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

A lot can change in six years.

Losing "Lord Mance," as Jeff Tarter referred to him on the radio last week, did a lot to hurt this team, then the debacle with Thad Wells and school upper staff, resulting in all getting the boot, and then the "good old boys" club taking over and not saying no to anything... It is a mess. Not sure how you fix it without a complete overhaul.

17 minutes ago, bleedblue89 said:

For the life of me, I don’t understand why Jeff Tarter is subjecting himself to that mess. Can’t help but feel bad for the kids. 

Man was a fantastic secondary coach, his special teams knowledge was unmatched... However, I don't think he was ever built to be a head coach. 

9 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Just curious here. What was Mance's record his first couple seasons? I'm not trying to make comparisons just wondering.

My junior year, I believe we were 3-7 with several close losses. We were 9-3 senior year, avenging a regular season loss in the playoffs to Lee and losing to Martinsville in the Region final.

13 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

My junior year, I believe we were 3-7 with several close losses. We were 9-3 senior year, avenging a regular season loss in the playoffs to Lee and losing to Martinsville in the Region final.

I thought he had a couple rough years to begin with but obviously got it turned around. 

Among his best qualities, Coach Mance instilled belief in each of his players that made us want to work. He was also willing to change offensive schemes with his talent. 
I also wasn’t privy to those conversations, but he had an excellent coaching staff with plenty of experience and expertise to share ideas. I’m sure he was able to delegate many tasks.

We have lost a wealth of experience on the sidelines during the past few years.

Edited by tornado99
Edit