Each Team Gets to Ask a Question (or Two)

Liam McPoyle

8 hours ago, 44cov3 said:

Is the new Giles County High School going to be Narz Green and Giles Light Blue?  That would be ugly as heck but also "unique" lol

Green and Columbia Blue can be done.  Green Run in Virginia Beach pulls it off, kind of.  Green Runs Blue is a touch darker, but it use to be lighter back in the day.

Narrows Primary Color is Green and secondary color is yellow (I don't care if they call it "gold," it's not gold, it's freaking yellow).  Giles Primary color is Fire Engine Red and secondary color is a Columbia blue type.  If Giles gives up it's primary color, then Narrows should have to give up theirs also.  Giles County High having Green and a touch of Blue is uncool as we have to give up our Red, but Narrows keeps their Green.  For Narrows fans, imagine if Giles County High were Fire Engine Red (our primary color) with a touch of Narrows Yellow and no green?  See how that feels?

Be different IMO.  Do something unique that is ugly or unorthodox.  Do Giles Fire Engine Red with Narrows Green.  It will be Christmas every late summer/early fall.  At the end of the day, do I really care and would I argue about it?  Heck no, but it's fun topic on a message board.  The folks down towards Petersfreakingtown end of the county need to have some sense and agree to consolidation before us silly fans can worry about school colors. 

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Green and Columbia Blue can be done.  Green Run in Virginia Beach pulls it off, kind of.  Green Runs Blue is a touch darker, but it use to be lighter back in the day.

Narrows Primary Color is Green and secondary color is yellow (I don't care if they call it "gold," it's not gold, it's freaking yellow).  Giles Primary color is Fire Engine Red and secondary color is a Columbia blue type.  If Giles gives up it's primary color, then Narrows should have to give up theirs also.  Giles County High having Green and a touch of Blue is uncool as we have to give up our Red, but Narrows keeps their Green.  For Narrows fans, imagine if Giles County High were Fire Engine Red (our primary color) with a touch of Narrows Yellow and no green?  See how that feels?

Be different IMO.  Do something unique that is ugly or unorthodox.  Do Giles Fire Engine Red with Narrows Green.  It will be Christmas every late summer/early fall.  At the end of the day, do I really care and would I argue about it?  Heck no, but it's fun topic on a message board.  The folks down towards Petersfreakingtown end of the county need to have some sense and agree to consolidation before us silly fans can worry about school colors. 

I like the idea of Christmas colors. I mean stores already have Christmas stuff out in September why not let a HS team follow their lead! 😂😂 Who couldn’t get behind Christmas colors themed team! If you could somehow rig the goal posts to light up when the home team scores even better. 🎄🎄🎄

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I like the idea of Christmas colors. I mean stores already have Christmas stuff out in September why not let a HS team follow their lead! 😂😂 Who couldn’t get behind Christmas colors themed team! If you could somehow rig the goal posts to light up when the home team scores even better. 🎄🎄🎄

Ragsdale Field - Narrows, VA

If they played at Ragsdale Field, the team could enter by riding a Grinch sleigh off that mountain.

Lol scheduling for all sports is terrible. Heard a coach call all the hogo and bdd teams just to get the traditional we will see to never get called back. If there is a m7 team we can play they also dodge us. It really is difficult to fill any schedule without relying on ky and tn team. 

11 hours ago, TwhscoachT said:

Lol scheduling for all sports is terrible. Heard a coach call all the hogo and bdd teams just to get the traditional we will see to never get called back. If there is a m7 team we can play they also dodge us. It really is difficult to fill any schedule without relying on ky and tn team. 

What M7 team is dodging TW?

11 hours ago, TwhscoachT said:

Dodging, doubt that. More like avoiding a date with the ugly but sweet girl in class, "uh, let me see what im doing that Friday night and ill get back to you"

You heard it here first.  If Giles County High School has Red and Green Uniforms and our nickname is "The Grinches," then I want credit in 50 or 100 years in the history books along with Liam who came up with the idea.  And.....I will be dead.  I want my family to have royalties, especially if we bust out a Christmas Sled to lead the team onto the field.  

33 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

You heard it here first.  If Giles County High School has Red and Green Uniforms and our nickname is "The Grinches," then I want credit in 50 or 100 years in the history books along with Liam who came up with the idea.  And.....I will be dead.  I want my family to have royalties, especially if we bust out a Christmas Sled to lead the team onto the field.  

What are you going to change your name to on here if they do?

47 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

What are you going to change your name to on here if they do?

Haven't given it much thought.  The name changes are only reserved for when VT pisses me off.  Probably go with something like, "GrinchVTDavis4321" or "BandanaChristmasDavisVT4321"

4 hours ago, jwgarrett20 said:

What M7 team is dodging TW?

All sports.

Softball was ducked by all m7 teams 2 years ago, before RC received our pitcher.

Lee High has dodged every occasion they might lose, 2017-2022. Boys basketball has been and still is a benefit game.

Union dropped Girls basketball after being approached several time.

However, Football on the other hand, No one is responding due to power points. 

14 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Haven't given it much thought.  The name changes are only reserved for when VT pisses me off.  Probably go with something like, "GrinchVTDavis4321" or "BandanaChristmasDavisVT4321"

no "BandanaGrinchDavisVT4321"? 

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

The Dirty Dancers??

Nobody puts Giles in the corner!

Wouldn't it be Giles County at that point? I mean, they get pretty butthurt if someone refers to them as "Giles County" now. I can nly assume that butthurtedness transfers once the merger takes place. 

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

Wouldn't it be Giles County at that point? I mean, they get pretty butthurt if someone refers to them as "Giles County" now. I can nly assume that butthurtedness transfers once the merger takes place. 

Back last year when consolidation was being discussed the Narrows people stated that if consolidation was to happen, it should not be called Giles County High School…. They want it to be New River High School

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Back last year when consolidation was being discussed the Narrows people stated that if consolidation was to happen, it should not be called Giles County High School…. They want it to be New River High School

That's actually not a bad name!

6 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I agree completely with @Union_Fan. Not bad at all!!!

New River Dirty Dancers