Union @ Twin Springs

CriticalNoise

1 minute ago, KW23 said:

Is twin springs any good?  Until they play Rye cove at the end of the year I dont think we will really know if they are legit 1a contender.  Obviously they wont beat Union

They’re undefeated I believe but I don’t think they’ve played anyone tough yet but imo Rye Cove will crush them 

TS has a good 1A program going. They'll go 7-3 to 9-1. Most likely 8-2.

Eastside is a toss up. Either way, they'll be a great source of power points. The better/harder they play, assuming no injuries, it will be good for them and Union.

May have to eat at Teddy's on the way.

14 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

They’re undefeated I believe but I don’t think they’ve played anyone tough yet but imo Rye Cove will crush them 

That is what everyone said last year too.

I fully expect Twin Springs to come out swinging. I’d be surprised if they didn’t play extremely hard. What do you have to lose? It will be a good experience for them. 

My expectation is Union comes out and plays extremely hard and takes it seriously, regardless of what “should” happen and who is coming to BSG the following week. 

Nick Saban had a rant at a press conference a few years ago about the media expecting the game to get out of hand and the young guys getting some playing time. Hopefully, Union will take the same approach. 

2 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Turner won't run the score up on TS, even though they could put up whatever they want. But don't let this loss overshadow how good the Horne kid is for TS.

Horne graduated and is at Campbellsville.  

15 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Turner won't run the score up on TS, even though they could put up whatever they want. But don't let this loss overshadow how good the Horne kid is for TS.

13 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Horne graduated and is at Campbellsville.  

Still -- never let it overshadow how good he is. 😉😉

Union travels pretty well.  Where do they plan on putting everyone up there?  They are playing at Twin Springs I believe?  I'm not sure the place will seat everyone. 

Surprised to see Union playing Twin Springs.  I would have to bet it has to be for the powerpoints.  Why else would you play a team with 1/5 of your student body? 

Very surprised at the outcome of the game Friday.  Union is way better than I took them for.  With 8 sophomores as their main players they are stacked for the next two or three years.  

Talking to people at Bullitt Park on Friday they are stacked all the way down into their youth football league.  Whatever they are doing they are doing well. 

I can see Union going 9-1 for the regular season.  I believe the only toss up for them is the Ridgeview game.  I fully believe they will beat Ridgeview though. 

I can see Gate City going a possible 6-4 at the current time.  Playing the Vikings at Stone Castle will not be an easy game. They will be Lee, Battle and Central.  Playing at Ridgeview will be tough.  

At worst 6-4.  At best 8-2.  

I will give it to Union though.  They aren't afraid to schedule a Class 1 team.  Abingdon plays Battle, Holston, Patrick Henry.  Honaker plays Castlewood, Lebanon. Lee plays Thomas Walker.  Union plays Central and Eastside. Chilhowie plays Marion and Northwood. 

There have been some years as of late when it would be nice to see Gate City play Twin Springs or Rye Cove.  I'm not sure why it will not happen.  

Especially in basketball.  I have heard that GC wants to keep the peace in the county but to me GC will not play TS or RC in basketball anymore for the same reason that DB would not play us for a long time.  

I guess that's our issues to deal with though. Every single county around us can have their schools play each other but Scott County won't?  The peace has to be kept but people then say that consolidation will never happen ever in this county?  

Well if it's never going to happen then they need to play each other sometimes.  That's my opinion though. 

On 9/23/2023 at 8:06 PM, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Their QB is a saavy vet as well. I think they'll give RC all they want as well. The Bears had better be careful here.

2 hours ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Admittedly, I’ve never been to Twin Springs. 

just judging from google maps it looks like parking/seating may be an absolute mess. 

VERY limited seating, but normally, Cumberland teams probably never fill them up.

They do have a good hillside to stand on.

Parking on the other hand could be bad. Hopefully, they'll let people park in their grass fields.

5 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

VERY limited seating, but normally, Cumberland teams probably never fill them up.

They do have a good hillside to stand on.

Parking on the other hand could be bad. Hopefully, they'll let people park in their grass fields.

Been years since I've been there r u able to see from the fence (if they have one) or best to watch from hill since I'm sure bleachers will be full by 5:30

4 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Been years since I've been there r u able to see from the fence (if they have one) or best to watch from hill since I'm sure bleachers will be full by 5:30

I don't recall a fence, but the field is sort of in a bowl, so there should be good places to stand around most of it.

They do share one end zone with the softball field, so that part is flat.