Ridgeview @ Union

CriticalNoise

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

I’m one of the people who isn’t a fan of Riggs but I can promise you I have zero influence and have never complained to anyone in any authority about playing in Appy or the horn FWIW. 

Same here BigWinners.  No accusations here and heck, nothing wrong if the BSG folks don't want it at Riggs and want to always have it at the Park.  Nothing wrong with that take either.  Admittingly, I'm selfish in my opinion because my arse would be making the trip down there just to relive some history.   It's why I still go to Bullitt once every 3 or 4 years also, and Gate City I get to about once every 5-7 years just to kind of remember when my arse wasn't so old.  It's one of the few selfish ways I can feel half way young again, and it works!!!!!  It works for 4 quarters, then I have to drive home and my hips hurt and I get reminded quickly how old I am.

19 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Same here BigWinners.  No accusations here and heck, nothing wrong if the BSG folks don't want it at Riggs and want to always have it at the Park.  Nothing wrong with that take either.  Admittingly, I'm selfish in my opinion because my arse would be making the trip down there just to relive some history.   It's why I still go to Bullitt once every 3 or 4 years also, and Gate City I get to about once every 5-7 years just to kind of remember when my arse wasn't so old.  It's one of the few selfish ways I can feel half way young again, and it works!!!!!  It works for 4 quarters, then I have to drive home and my hips hurt and I get reminded quickly how old I am.

Next time you come down let me know, hot dogs on me. 

I like to rile up the Appy folk but I wouldn’t care if they played a game there. The field is prob in better condition now than it has been in the last 30 years when Appalachia was open lol. 

51 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Now on sale in Amazon _ "BandanaVTDavis4321 SWVA high school football road trip kit" ($59.99):

• Stadium seat cushion with an extra seat cushion.
  • Absorbine Jr.
  • (1) bottle of 800MG military grade Ibuprofen
  • Pebto Bismal for those dogs that just don't hit right.
  • Map of SWVA high school football stadiums with recommend parking spots
  • List of recommend grub spots for each town
  • (1) Train horn replica personal air-horn
  • (1) Bandana

Get yours before they sell out!!!!

Disclaimer-  Use only if you can name all of the original Lonesome Pine members, had a pair of McGregor cleats or played football with a neck roll.

11 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Who does the rain help more? Not raining hard here but it’s drizzling off and on and will do so for next bit it seems. 

I would argue Union.  They have the stronger run game and RV depends on the pass much more. 

3 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

Just announced at the park no artificial noise makers allowed I guess that’ll make some people happy 

Is the train horn not an artificial noise maker? At least on NFHS, it sounds like some kind of horn. 

Just now, tornado99 said:

I posted in the wrong thread, but it sounds like a traffic jam on TV. Maybe, an indicator of age.

I'm not a fan.  I guess I'm old school....the band and the fans are the noise makers.  I don't like the portable air horns either.  

Just now, SwvaOG said:

I'm not a fan.  I guess I'm old school....the band and the fans are the noise makers.  I don't like the portable air horns either.  

I‘m okay with cow bells but all the artificial noise makers especially the air horns should be automatic ejection from the stadium 😂😂😂 Those things could cause permanent hearing loss. 

38 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Is the train horn not an artificial noise maker? At least on NFHS, it sounds like some kind of horn. 

Apparently not he blew it all night even when Union had the ball but was good about stopping when they were at the los 

3 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Apparently not he blew it all night even when Union had the ball but was good about stopping when they were at the los 

The train horn hardly blew any at all tonight. I set the next section down from those guys. The gentleman who operates the train horn was very respectful with it tonight. You heard the little red horns. Who was also respectful until RV continued to blow through live play. And they all unleashed. (Except the train horn)

O’Quinn is, as we know, an ELITE quarterback. He gives them options many QB’s wouldn’t. However, he struggled guarding Huff tonight as a DB. Huff had the big catch in the first and had advantages all night. Unfortunately it didn’t always mean positive yardage for Union but on the 3rd down on the final drive he cooked again and was able to convert and wind some more clock. 

About the Horns, the TRAIN horn was as respectful as you can be tonight. Nothing out of line whatsoever. If you wanna complain about horns I get it. That’s your right. But let’s Atleast label them correctly. 

33 minutes ago, Vol Hater said:

Can we just go ahead and get O'Quinn an address is big stone or appy for next year. Come on down kid you'll look good in blue and orange.

Be a tough team with him 

Ridgeview played a great game. They were ready. I felt that the Bears thought they had this in the bag after stuffing RV on their 1st possession and then scoring immediately when they got the ball after the punt.

The 'Pack didn't let that get them down at all and smacked Union in the mouth several times. Very physical game by both teams.

RV D came prepared to stop Chandler and they did for the most part. Lowery had a good game and Anderson took over for Chandler.

I think the turning point in the game was Union finally pressuring O'Quinn in the 2nd half. They sat back too much in the 1st.

Would be an interesting game if Graham and Ridgeview meet in the playoffs this year.

11 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Ridgeview played a great game. They were ready. I felt that the Bears thought they had this in the bag after stuffing RV on their 1st possession and then scoring immediately when they got the ball after the punt.

The 'Pack didn't let that get them down at all and smacked Union in the mouth several times. Very physical game by both teams.

RV D came prepared to stop Chandler and they did for the most part. Lowery had a good game and Anderson took over for Chandler.

I think the turning point in the game was Union finally pressuring O'Quinn in the 2nd half. They sat back too much in the 1st.

Would be an interesting game if Graham and Ridgeview meet in the playoffs this year.

I have the same exact read. Union thought it would be easy after going up 6-0 so quick but RV came to play and gave them a helluva fight. Clown show officiating aside, RV has to feel good even in a loss if Honaker isn’t badly injured. They ran the ball well on Union, stopped the run and played extremely well until the Union talent kinda took over after the half. Only RV turnover was the INT which in my mind was wholly on the receiver. No chance O’Quinn makes that massive of a misread. Had to be a wrong route. 

27 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I have the same exact read. Union thought it would be easy after going up 6-0 so quick but RV came to play and gave them a helluva fight. Clown show officiating aside, RV has to feel good even in a loss if Honaker isn’t badly injured. They ran the ball well on Union, stopped the run and played extremely well until the Union talent kinda took over after the half. Only RV turnover was the INT which in my mind was wholly on the receiver. No chance O’Quinn makes that massive of a misread. Had to be a wrong route. 

Was that not the worst officiating you ever saw?  Still don’t know what was going on after we scored the 2pt conversion, the special teams was running onto the field to kickoff before anyone knew there was a penalty not to mention the Union player getting his helmet ripped off in front of the referee guess he didn’t grab the face mask so he let it slide 😂 😂 😂 

I thought RV played a great game considering how undermanned we were.  This team will grow but I see a second round exit from the p,ayoffs this year.  Which is very good considering what was lost to graduation last year.  
Our fans are great, but some of you need to calm the _ _ _ _ down.  Union was not holding on every play and jumping offsides every play.  The better team won tonight. And don’t yell at the other side when a kid is hurt, when you’ve been trash talking a player the entire game from the stands because you’re 40 and sound like a jack a$$.

O’Quinn played a good game but the interception in the 1st qtr was a bad decision.  I’m wondering if he may be on the field too much.  Qb is his top responsibility. (Except according to a few fans who wanted him benched tonight). I’m still waiting for their explanation on that one.