Week 7 Scores/Updates

Iceman2553

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m not at the game but I’ve witnessed it. The coaches are usually crying to the officials too! No offense to any Ridgeview folks on here but y’all do have some whiny fans and a few usually trash talking the other team’s kids. Or at least last year they did. 

No offense taken.  It was very cringe worthy tonight.  It didn’t help that the officials weren’t that great.  The admin at the high school needs to bar some of these 40 somethings and send a message.  
If this was like the soccer game, it would have gotten out of hand in a hurry tonight.  

8 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Nope but I think you may be blind

Maybe I'm blind to the fact that the storybook football program in this state has become a laughing stock?! The entire state would have been put on notice if a Ragsdale Giles team dropped to the lowest 1A level and now they just schedule them for homecoming for an easy win. From 1979 to 2017 Giles had a point diff in the negatives 3 times.....this year makes 6 in a row. Giles isn't the best football team in it's own county anymore. It's a ruined product 

14 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Absolutely zero senior leadership also....zero

Dumbest comment possibly ever! No leadership in the 13 seniors on the team?? If that's true, where the hell are the coaches in this scenario?? Senior leadership is a dumbass talking point used by people like you that doesn't have a single clue. Senior leadership has never made a single football play ever. I feel dumber even talking with you sometimes 

28 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Absolutely zero senior leadership also....zero

I provide actual intellect and statistics etc...and this is what you come up with? It's a lot like your go to "no athletes" comments or the "injury" excuse which in unequivocally false. How about the every year talk about how Giles will be good once this j.v. team comes up....which they never are. When you gonna call a spade a spade and stop placing blame everywhere it shouldn't? 

2 hours ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Dumbest comment possibly ever! No leadership in the 13 seniors on the team?? If that's true, where the hell are the coaches in this scenario?? Senior leadership is a dumbass talking point used by people like you that doesn't have a single clue. Senior leadership has never made a single football play ever. I feel dumber even talking with you sometimes 

We have to agree with the Hokiebird. That Senior leadership, and juniors, is the work ethic they display at practice, the off-season weight room workouts, and encouraging freshmen and sophomores when they don’t do it right. Coaches can only take a team so far, the rest is up to the players. 

1Wingit23, Uncle Percy says you must be a Madden Football expert which qualifies you as a clueless dumbass in football. Now old Hokiebird7 can definitely get on one’s nerves at times. However, after reading your comment, the Hokiebird7 definitely knows more football than you. 

8 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Greenbrier West takes down Number 1 Ranked WV Single A James Monroe by a score of 25-7.  JM suffers its first loss of the season.

Actually it was 25-8. Lol.

Greenbrier West was just the better team tonight.

7 hours ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Hit a nerve pal? Go back to narrows

7 hours ago, 1Wingit23 said:

I provide actual intellect and statistics etc...and this is what you come up with? It's a lot like your go to "no athletes" comments or the "injury" excuse which in unequivocally false. How about the every year talk about how Giles will be good once this j.v. team comes up....which they never are. When you gonna call a spade a spade and stop placing blame everywhere it shouldn't? 

I blame everyoñe....that includes the kids

Giles will not have a winning season anytime soon. Next year will be another disappointing season. Narrows wins county class next year as well. Yes the JV was good this year but does that translate to varsity being good in the near future I think not. Been hearing that for 4 years! But wait Giles will be back they have some athletes coming up. Where? Did they transfer to JM or Narrows? 

it's hard to show any senior leadership when the kids don't like or respect the head coach. Somebody explain to me, how a coach of  a dozen or so years as head coach and a state championship has no, that's a big fat zero, former players on his coaching staff? My theory is, they didn't like or respect him enough as a player to come back and try to coach under him. One former player is on the staff at Narrows now, and from my understanding is a key influencer of the success they have had the last few years. Why is he there. From my understanding he's not a teacher, so he didn't go to Narrows because of a teaching job. Why? 

2 hours ago, 60minuteMan said:

it's hard to show any senior leadership when the kids don't like or respect the head coach. Somebody explain to me, how a coach of  a dozen or so years as head coach and a state championship has no, that's a big fat zero, former players on his coaching staff? My theory is, they didn't like or respect him enough as a player to come back and try to coach under him. One former player is on the staff at Narrows now, and from my understanding is a key influencer of the success they have had the last few years. Why is he there. From my understanding he's not a teacher, so he didn't go to Narrows because of a teaching job. Why? 

Was the rec director at narz and hung around...who else do we have in coaching that would be an assistant here?

Zero is wrong...one former great player is on staff

45 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Was the rec director at narz and hung around...who else do we have in coaching that would be an assistant here?

Zero is wrong...one former great player is on staff

60minuteman was correct unless I'm overlooking someone. If you're thinking about Ricky, he graduated a couple of years before the current coach assumed the head coaching responsibilities and would have just been an assistant. Ricky won State in 2005 and Williams didn't take the team until 2008

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Serious question for any Spartan fans...even you transplant green wave now turned Spartan fan

If williams retired after the season who in your opinion should be the next coach

He's in finance and leadership right now, but is certified to teach from what I understand.  Great leader, former great player in High School and College and just turned 26.  Brian Mann would be a good one.  He's in Roanoke.  It's 2023, not 1983, Head Coaches need to have 2 critical things....1.  Great Leaders.  2.  Football Knowledge.  I don't care if he's "never been a coach."  It means nothing.  Be different.  Be innovative.  Brian would be an innovative choice and yes, he would do well.  Brian will be 27 next year.  If I'm not mistaken, Rags was 27 when he started.  Now, many may disagree with me here or laugh and that's fine.  You asked for opinions.  I gave you mine.

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Serious question for any Spartan fans...even you transplant green wave now turned Spartan fan

If williams retired after the season who in your opinion should be the next coach

Would Never happen but Nathan Tanner. He's absolutely killing it for Parkersburg South up in West Virginia. That would be my dream pick to take over Giles but like I said.... would never happen.