What are the coaching supplements Head and Assistants in most counties?

TnT+h

WARNING: Smyth County's going to steal all your coaches once they read this.

Baseball: Head-$2,060 + ½ Month Salary,  Assistant $1,262 + ¼ Month Salary

Cross Country: Head $2460 , Assistant $1,262

Basketball: Head $4,039 + ½ Month Salary, Assistant  $2,150 + ¼ Month Salary

Football: Head $5,211 + ½ Month Salary $2,595 + ¼ Month Salary

Golf: Head  $2,460

Swim: Head $2,460

Tennis: Head $2,460

Outdoor Track Head: $2,460, Assistant $1,262

Indoor Track Head: $2,460, Assistant $1,262

Soccer:Head $2,460, Assistant $1,262

Softball: Head $2,060 + ½ Month Salary, Assistant $1,262 + ¼ Month Salary

10 hours ago, TnT+h said:

Smyth is ok compared places in Kentucky and parts of tennessee. Are most head coaches 11 or 12 months

I think most coaches just get a one time stipend at the end of the season but work all year I guess weightlifting & conditioning. Although, I’m not sure all coaches (programs) really put in as much time as others during the off-season. I’m not sure they’re even required to do so. A lot of coaches aren’t even regular school employees. The contracts for coaching are separate than actual teaching contract which is normally 10 months. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think most coaches just get a one time stipend at the end of the season but work all year I guess weightlifting & conditioning. Although, I’m not sure all coaches (programs) really put in as much time as others during the off-season. I’m not sure they’re even required to do so. 

Mike Smith of Hampton High in 1995 was raking in over 110K per year with his teacher/Dean of students pay, coaching stipend, and........... not so public Booster stipend or pay, which was more than his coaching stipend and teacher stipend combined. How do I know?  The folks in Hampton/Newport News, players, parents, fans knew this is as common knowledge and they were ok with it. There wasn't outrage. Very capitalist or democracy type attitude among the locals that basically had the consensus belief that...."he deserves every bit of it." And here's the thing.......he did deserve it.

Having lived in Texas, I know this. High School football coaches know that winning equals big bucks in the form of Booster money. For example, "Coach, you have been here 4 years and you just took the team to its first state championship in history. Here's 35,000 dollars." That money usually coming from a Booster or two in the oil or energy business. I swear to you, that's not uncommon in parts of Texas in some of the wealthier suburban areas where football is King.

10 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Having lived in Texas, I know this. High School football coaches know that winning equals big bucks in the form of Booster money. For example, "Coach, you have been here 4 years and you just took the team to its first state championship in history. Here's 35,000 dollars." That money usually coming from a Booster or two in the oil or energy business. I swear to you, that's not uncommon in parts of Texas in some of the wealthier suburban areas where football is King.

The way I hear it Georgia isnt too far behind. Big time money being thrown around at successful programs 

each county/city does it differently.  some are a lump based on who knows what at the conclusion of the season.  some are percentage based with years of experience being a factor as well but are capped at a certain point.  whatever it pays, it isn't enough to do it year round correctly which is another reason coaches are involved in other sports/bus driving as well.  coaches often drive for their sport as well because they get paid for drive time only, unlike a regular driver that gets paid from the time they leave until they get back from a trip.  it pay$ to keep your athletes competing in something other than football.

12 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

WARNING: Smyth County's going to steal all your coaches once they read this.

Baseball: Head-$2,060 + ½ Month Salary,  Assistant $1,262 + ¼ Month Salary

Cross Country: Head $2460 , Assistant $1,262

Basketball: Head $4,039 + ½ Month Salary, Assistant  $2,150 + ¼ Month Salary

Football: Head $5,211 + ½ Month Salary $2,595 + ¼ Month Salary

Golf: Head  $2,460

Swim: Head $2,460

Tennis: Head $2,460

Outdoor Track Head: $2,460, Assistant $1,262

Indoor Track Head: $2,460, Assistant $1,262

Soccer:Head $2,460, Assistant $1,262

Softball: Head $2,060 + ½ Month Salary, Assistant $1,262 + ¼ Month Salary

I would not hold your breath on that one. Smyth county base teacher pay is lower than surrounding counties. You almost have to coach multiple sports to make up the difference

Scott also just gave their coaches a nice increase in supplements at a recent board meeting.  I think most of the coaches were very appreciative of that.

When I was volunteering in baseball about a decade ago we were playing Hancock County.  Got to talking to their coach while waiting on umpires to arrive.  He had no assistants and was making $1000 as a stipend for baseball.  Scott was paying $5k for HC and around $3k I think for the first assistant at the time.

49 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

I would not hold your breath on that one. Smyth county base teacher pay is lower than surrounding counties. You almost have to coach multiple sports to make up the difference

Agree 100%...I was just being sarcastic. It's extremely frustrating that Smyth keeps losing quality teachers/coaches to neighboring counties.