Week 8 Scores/Updates

Iceman2553

Just now, SW_VA_boy said:

Yeah, plenty of that.  Both teams called good games I think.  You could tell Kolier is new to the QB thing.  Wouldn't be disappointed if they met again later on down the road. 

Yea I think Kolier underestimated the speed of the Honaker defenders. They were too quick for him to just lob it up in the air. I would’ve liked to seen him use his legs a little more in that first half. He had openings but decided to pass and the Wave receivers struggled catching the ball early in the game. 

32 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Yeah and it certainly doesn't help that their best player tore his ACL in the summer

That’s true. I’m admittedly influenced by historical results, and they played a healthy Graham very tough without him in game 1. The Beavers typically have speed to burn. 

Holston 60, Northwood 6. Northwood didn’t look like they practiced special teams gave up 2 punt returns for TDs. everyone associated with that program should be ashamed but you have an admin that doesnt care so this is what you will keep getting

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Yea I think Kolier underestimated the speed of the Honaker defenders. They were too quick for him to just lob it up in the air. I would’ve liked to seen him use his legs a little more in that first half. He had openings but decided to pass and the Wave receivers struggled catching the ball early in the game. 

Agreed.  We definately watched the same game.  He also locks in and hasn't learned to move DBs with his eyes yet but that's more than understandable and you sure as shit can't fault the effort.  Learn and move on to next week.  

10 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

That’s true. I’m admittedly influenced by historical results, and they played a healthy Graham very tough without him in game 1. The Beavers typically have speed to 

In the Graham game, both teams looked really sloppy and unprepared.  Not the best barometer to measure by.

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

In the Graham game, both teams looked really sloppy and unprepared.  Not the best barometer to measure by.

Graham/Beaver was also pretty close last year and Bluefield started 0-4 and Graham went 15-0.

22 minutes ago, V-Cats said:

Well there goes our quality win 😄

Jenkins did beat Phelps I think....

edit:  Nope, haven't played Phelps yet.  They play them in their final game.  They SHOULD beat Phelps.... or it may be 0-0 in 65 OT's till it's finally called a deadlock.

edit 2:  Actually Phelps beat Bland... so sorry to ruin your hopes V-Cats... Lol

17 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Jenkins did beat Phelps I think....

edit:  Nope, haven't played Phelps yet.  They play them in their final game.  They SHOULD beat Phelps.... or it may be 0-0 in 65 OT's till it's finally called a deadlock.

edit 2:  Actually Phelps beat Bland... so sorry to ruin your hopes V-Cats... Lol

Guesstimate spread goin in?

Finals from the NRV, Greater Roanoke, and Central VA

Floyd Co. 20 Carroll Co. 6

Pulaski Co. 69 Blacksburg 13

Rustburg 22 Heritage-Lynchburg 16

Gretna 26 Altavista 16

Alleghany 27 Glenvar 10

Christiansburg 62 Hidden Valley 20

Appomattox Co. 51 Chatham 26

Parry McCluer 45 Craig Co. 12

Fort Chiswell 41 Auburn 7

Brookville 43 Amherst Co 9

William Fleming 40 Northside 7

Bath Co. 48 Eastern Montgomery 0

Magna Vista 52  Martinsville 6

Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy 56 Roanoke Catholic 6

Radford 55 Patrick Co. 27

Patrick Henry-Roanoke 35 Cave Spring 28

William Byrd 16 Lord Botetourt 0

Liberty Christian 49 Liberty-Bedford 0

11 hours ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

The optimistic side of me does say that 49-3 win over Va High doesn’t look that impressive anymore.:. 😃

What does that say about Ridgeview and Graham who struggled with VA High? What does say about Union who barely beat Ridgeview? At the end of the day scores mean very little,  wins mean everything.  So Richlands played well. Virginia High could have easily won by 3 tds, but as I said earlier a win is a win. Virginia High is a young team, and they play very inconsistently, but when they have flashes they look good. If Union plays Radford, I guarantee they will have their hands full. I'd give Radford the edge they are the real deal and so is Union. 

7 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

What does that say about Ridgeview and Graham who struggled with VA High? What does say about Union who barely beat Ridgeview? At the end of the day scores mean very little,  wins mean everything.  So Richlands played well. Virginia High could have easily won by 3 tds, but as I said earlier a win is a win. Virginia High is a young team, and they play very inconsistently, but when they have flashes they look good. If Union plays Radford, I guarantee they will have their hands full. I'd give Radford the edge they are the real deal and so is Union. 

Agree with everything you wrote Pioneer, but my take is different on Union and Radford. I give the edge to Union, if the 2 were to meet.

14 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

I think you took what I was saying way more seriously than I meant it. Radford is absolutely the real deal. However, I do think we know more about Glenvar last night aswell with another loss so region C should be all Radford and maybe Gretna. 

If Virginia high can handle that juggernaut up in Jenkins, Ky and get into the playoffs, maybe they can come to the park and we can put our transitive property to the test again. LOL!