Week 9 Scores/Updates

Queue

Coral Shores 20

Tradition Prep 7

Half

Tradition coach(es) with one of the worst time management sequences I've seen in a while. They picked up a 1st and goal at the Coral Shores 3 with 30 seconds to go and 2 timeouts left. With the clock running, they finally snapped the ball with 15 seconds to go. A running play gained a yard, and they used a timeout with 9 seconds left. They then ran wide and the RB tried to turn it up, but was stopped at the 2, spun out of the tackle and reversed field before being brought down at the 1 with no time left. That's 2 plays in 30 seconds with two timeouts and you go to the locker room with 1 timeout in your pocket. 🫤

48 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

We’re sitting beside Tony Palmer right now. About to ask him for his permission.

I wouldn't bring it to Graham next week. I'm pretty sure Bluefield passed a noise ordinance. They don't allow fun there either. A horn may scare the Graham kids anyway. They are not used to anything louder than a golf clap.

2 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Giles has no pass defense whatsoever. Let receivers get in front every play. It is almost comical watching them trying to defend the pass.

Giles players have never been coached on defending the pass from the Ragsdale era to now. This might be the worse it’s ever been though. 

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

Giles players have never been coached on defending the pass from the Ragsdale era to now. This might be the worse it’s ever been though. 

Agree. I mean atleast the teams in the past had the athletic ability to stay with the receiver. I guess that is the difference rather than technique on how to defend.

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Hard to coach and practice against what you never do yourself. Just like teams that rarely see the single wing