Regional Semis Score Updates

SWVAgridiron

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Yeah, I still favor Union in that one, because of the better line play, we will see if Graham has improved enough, Obviously having Clements healthy will help.  Good luck to both. 

Grahams defensive ends will have to be the X factor IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

Thank you for your concern, #6 Brock is my son . He took a helmet just below the knee to the perineal  nerve on the side of his right leg . His leg went numb from the knee down and he didn’t have any feeling . Hopefully it’s just like a stinger . Still can not put any weight on it . 
 I would like to say thank you to the Union team and especially their coaches , they all came over and wished Brock well . Coach Turner spoke to Brock also . 
 We left it all on the field when the majority of people said we had no chance . 
 These “Dawgs” played their hearts out , good luck next week to both teams . 

Congratulations on a great season! Your son is a very talented player. He played hard anytime I’ve seen him play.  I hope he’ll be alright. I hate seeing any player get hurt. 

6 hours ago, RedPrideNation said:

Just never has been a priority to focus on that aspect of the game. There have been several players that could have likely made plays through the air but it’s never materialized. 

I’d hate to be a decent offensive lineman at Riverheads with college aspirations. If two lineman are pretty close talent wise, I’d think a college coach would look harder at the guy who can/has learned pass blocking skills instead of run only. 

33 minutes ago, Bearcat Bob said:

I’d hate to be a decent offensive lineman at Riverheads with college aspirations. If two lineman are pretty close talent wise, I’d think a college coach would look harder at the guy who can/has learned pass blocking skills instead of run only. 

Thats an interesting view. I wonder if they've had any recruited? I know if i was a scout or recruiter that would leave a big question mark for me 

1 hour ago, Westisthebest said:

Thats an interesting view. I wonder if they've had any recruited? I know if i was a scout or recruiter that would leave a big question mark for me 

Had an OL go to Pitt...he played against giles in 2013....think he started at Pitt multiple years 

Tazewell had good size, they were the bigger overall team. The Union group wore them down and really got after Creasy early and often. But they did a good job of not allowing the big play and made Union work for every TD. Creasy missed a few easy ones but had some beautiful throws. But the guys who mentioned his stats against good teams were proven mostly right. Costly INT, one TD, 200 or so yards. More athletic than I maybe gave him credit for and has great touch in middle of field. 

Watching all these years, I feel Riverheads does/has passed when needed but to plan on 12-16 passes just isn’t nor ever will be the focal point. Will it cost against a team that gets out to a few score lead? I am sure it will or has at times but I have also seen adjustments and a comeback or two against quality teams staying with the run heavy approach.

It’s truly not a game everyone enjoys watching and I get it. it’s always interesting when opponent fans get excited when their team stop the offense for those short 3-5 yard gains early in a game. All of a sudden they look up and 5 minutes is gone off the clock and a TD was scored. 

The football that is on tv and by and large played at most every division isn’t appealing to me. IMO it isn’t skillful to basically put 3-4 decoys spread so you can play 7-7 or 8-8. That’s is a schematic move but doesn’t necessarily showcase more talent. Again in my opinion it’s much more interesting to basically tell you what play is coming then see if you can stop it. 

This is not a knock on Riverhead or Giles although their offenses can cover up alot of talent issues (if there is any)just be shear schemes. Much easier to block a D lineman at angles with help and you are just trying to get them turned a certain way than straight up try and man handle a DT with a gap assignement by yourself 

2 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

This is not a knock on Riverhead or Giles although their offenses can cover up alot of talent issues (if there is any)just be shear schemes. Much easier to block a D lineman at angles with help and you are just trying to get them turned a certain way than straight up try and man handle a DT with a gap assignement by yourself 

I agree completely. One of the best O lineman to ever play for Giles had a hard time when he started playing for Liberty U because of how different it was. I love the single-wing/double-wing offense but it does hurt good lineman that want to play at the next level. 

I know some teams (PV included) that would have the scout team offense practice without a ball against the starting defense to drive home assignment based defense. You have a key and that is who you tackle every single play.  And if someone is pulling, follow them!! lol

On 11/17/2023 at 9:36 PM, CzarYakov said:

image.png.69a114c0fd52c5b96b6ce102e56fa486.png

Grayson ain't taking this one very well.

Facebook has been interesting all weekend because that's the mature, adult thing to do in 2023. Continue the fight on social media. Attend a high school sporting event played by kids and the adults are the ones that need babysitting. I went to high school with two (a married couple) right at the heart of the incident. Graduated with one of them. It doesn't surprise me at all those two would be involved. If there is childish drama to be had in Grayson County, you can bet your ass those two are involved somehow.

Sad state of affairs when 50 year olds are fighting at high school football games. Especially when one of those is an elementary school teacher in the Carroll County school system. She should know better and set a better example. But she's never been able to do that.

The manager of Food City was in the parking lot giving the Independence Police Chief the business when we left. I would bet, tailgating in Food City parking lot will not be permitted in 2024. 

• 2 weeks later...

20 minutes ago, FactChecker2022 said:

Water is wet

My post was in response to someone saying that an earlier playoff game not involving Riverheads would decide who represented the East side of the state. It was a reminder that the 7 time state champ would have say in that matter…and now they have had the final say on that.