Daniel Jennings to Princeton

Graham32

Saw a picture on Facebook where Jennings said he’s going to Princeton to finish out his high school time. Huge loss for Graham. Thoughts?

The rule says you can transfer if out of state and pay out of state tuition prior to entering 9th grade. No penalty. Hope that clears your question.

It will be a big loss for Graham, especially at Defensive End.  Big addition for Princeton's football team.  Graham still has plenty of talent returning, going to have to work with somebody to fill that role, however.  Best of luck to him, he has some major D-1 schools already looking at him.

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

The last line of that first paragraph certainly raises some questions. 

What’s wrong with what I said?

36 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

What’s wrong with what I said?

I think he's referring to Jenning's post....  No questions should be raised,  Out of state students are allowed to pay tuition to go to school from neighboring counties to attend Tazewell County Schools, (or any other county for that matter), they can play sports (per VHSL Rules) if they enroll before freshman year..  If they do this after start of freshman year, they can't play sports if they live in a different attendance zone.  Tazewell County has 10 times as many kids attending school from McDowell and Mercer Counties that do not play sports as opposed to those that do.  Some counties don't require the extra tuition, it isn't much, like $250 per semester because they get funding from the state based on head counts at the beginning of the year.  That's my limited knowledge of the situation, but I think it's pretty accurate.

Best wishes to him! Parents have to do what they think is in the best interest of their kid.  I could be wrong but could be dad is thinking he’ll get more attention & looks at Princeton or could just want to go back to where he’s originally from. Definitely , a big loss for Graham but hopefully, they can coach someone up to fill the gap. The middle school team was solid, maybe some good talent coming in as freshmen. 

11 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

He's an absolute stud. I'm guessing he thinks he'll get more attention and/or rings with Princeton??

Huge gap to feel for sure. He was dominant.

A move to a school in the next county won't get him any more attention then he's already getting.  Can't blame the kid for wanting to play in his backyard.  As for rings, Princeton lost an absolutely amazing player from last season's squad, but with the re-alignment in WV, should have a good shot at going deep in the playoffs again.  Same goes for the G-men.  it's a lateral move, in my humble opinion.  The main thing is that he does what is right for him and the he!! with what everybody else thinks.  I wish him the best.  I understand that he is a great kid and obviously a great athlete.

There is more to it with Jennings going to Princeton in my opinion. The Div 1 looks are already there right now at Graham. He's already in the recruiting realm and we'll entrenched into Div 1 programs radars. I think this might be related to a more personal, school thing. You don't announce in the middle of a school year that you are making a decision to go to a nearby school. You do that at the end of a year. 90 plus percent of the time, that announcement on social media would have a strong Emotional component. A strong emotional component along with the time of the announcement (middle of the school yr and not the end of the school yr) leads one to believe that there has been some type of event, a one or two time event related to school that quickly and emotionally led to that announcement. This is my opinion. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

With WV going to 4 classes next year Princeton has a legitimate shot to win a state title.

They won’t have to deal with Martinsburg anymore. 

WV playoff system is so watered down now I’d say the Tigers have a legit chance for sure especially as you said without Martinsburg in Princeton’s class. Bluefield will probably coast in AA also. 

5 hours ago, CPF said:

The rule says you can transfer if out of state and pay out of state tuition prior to entering 9th grade. No penalty. Hope that clears your question.

That explains Jennings. But what about Clements & Edwards? 😉

16 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Clements is the same situation as Jennings. Edward's has lived in the same place in Bluefield since at least 2017 when his brother Aaron played for Graham.

16 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Really Ryan? A Richlands guy looking for clarification or the intricacies about a WV/VA transfer from McDowell County? That's like a an Italian guy from Brooklyn asking what pizza is made of. Come on man

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Really Ryan? A Richlands guy looking for clarification or the intricacies about a WV/VA transfer from McDowell County? That's like a an Italian guy from Brooklyn asking what pizza is made of. Come on man

You win the Internet today 🏆 😂🤣

4 hours ago, GMEN94 said:

Clements is the same situation as Jennings. Edward's has lived in the same place in Bluefield since at least 2017 when his brother Aaron played for Graham.

Clements played his freshman year at Mount View so that is not the same situation as Jennings.

8 hours ago, EH31 said:

Clements played his freshman year at Mount View so that is not the same situation as Jennings.

Shhh! You'll ruin their narrative! 

13 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Bluefield will probably coast in AA also. 

Bluefield has been down the last couple of years and they’re in a class with James Monroe who beat them last year and Williamstown who has been pretty dominant in A. Scott was good last year as well and you also have Wheeling Central. Maybe when those middle schoolers get to be juniors and seniors.

3 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Bluefield has been down the last couple of years and they’re in a class with James Monroe who beat them last year and Williamstown who has been pretty dominant in A. Scott was good last year as well and you also have Wheeling Central. Maybe when those middle schoolers get to be juniors and seniors.

Princeton may have an easier time of it than Bluefield then. Yeah, their middle school team was tough this year.