tbgfan

SWVA Top Five (Round 2)

41 posts in this topic

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

At this point I say

Union

Bluefield

Graham

Marion/Richlands

Toss up on last spot since I don't know much about Marion yet.  Will make better assessment after friday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

The D looks that good vs a schedule similar to that Parry McCluer and Hurley had last year.   I'm telling ya to pump the brakes.  Let's see what happens vs Giles.  First true test they face at all this year by a long shot.

Ryan4VT likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
3 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

The D looks that good vs a schedule similar to that Parry McCluer and Hurley had last year.   I'm telling ya to pump the brakes.  Let's see what happens vs Giles.  First true test they face at all this year by a long shot.

No offense but it's their only true test

Heard PM has lost a bunch of players already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

1.  Graham

2.  Giles

3.  Bluefield

4.  Union (no starting QB, and no way around it, not the same team.  It went from a state title contending team to a final 8 team in one play).

5.  Richlands

Honorable Mention/Votes:  Fort Chiswell, Marion, Narrows.  Richlands is still better than all 3 of them. 

Graham is the best team in SWVA or at least, in the SWVA Sports coverage area.  Graham should have beat Giles by more, but the turnovers and mental toughness thing kept it close.  Graham didn't lose to Bluefield, they were outcoached.  Graham is 2 touchdowns better than Bluefield and so is Giles.   This is why I have Bluefield 3rd.  No offense Bluefield fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

I agree.  Talent wise, I think Covington is on par with Narrows as well.  We will see.   

I don't think they are...narrows wins Friday they looking at 10-0 barring injuries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Just like billards.  The hardest part of a run out is always the next shot.  Im just happy to see the boys enjoying some success after the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

1.  Graham

2.  Giles

3.  Bluefield

4.  Union (no starting QB, and no way around it, not the same team.  It went from a state title contending team to a final 8 team in one play).

5.  Richlands

Honorable Mention/Votes:  Fort Chiswell, Marion, Narrows.  Richlands is still better than all 3 of them. 

Graham is the best team in SWVA or at least, in the SWVA Sports coverage area.  Graham should have beat Giles by more, but the turnovers and mental toughness thing kept it close.  Graham didn't lose to Bluefield, they were outcoached.  Graham is 2 touchdowns better than Bluefield and so is Giles.   This is why I have Bluefield 3rd.  No offense Bluefield fans. 

I guess you forgot Giles had two turnovers too, and one of those was int in the end zone. So no I don't think it should of been by more. If Giles gets the one fumble they didn't give them and fields the punt could of been different outcome. First half like the 2nd wouldn't of been a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

1. Bluefield

2. Graham

3. Giles

4. Union (hate to drop them bc they are a very solid team, but the Turner injury hurts their Offense, big time)

5. Richlands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
26 minutes ago, spartanwinger said:

I guess you forgot Giles had two turnovers too, and one of those was int in the end zone. So no I don't think it should of been by more. If Giles gets the one fumble they didn't give them and fields the punt could of been different outcome. First half like the 2nd wouldn't of been a game.

No forgetting here my friend.  Going only by what I read.  I thought I read where Graham had 3 turnovers to Giles 2 turnovers, not 2 to 2 as your post eluded.  Lets say for the sake of reason, Graham had zero and Giles had 7 turnovers.  That's still two years in a row in which Graham has won the game close over Giles.  Do you feel it would be reasonable for me to place Giles ahead of Graham in a simple, totally opinionated top 5 SWVA football fan poll?  Common sense from any objective and neutral non-giles and non-Graham would say, "no."   With that reasoning, one could say, then why Bluefield ahead of Graham when they beat them?  Because it's a rival game and anything goes in rival games.  Also, Giles bested Bluefield pretty good in a scrimmage, so all 3 are pretty close in truth. 

"Giles had two turnovers too." <---your words.  According to the Bluefield Daily, your statement is incorrect.  The Bluefield Daily states Graham had 3 and Giles 2; therefore, the "forgetting" part may not be in my direction, but may be in yours. I'm going only by what I read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

honestly until graham beats richlands I don't think anyone should have graham higher than richlands. hate to say it but I was on the last team to beat richlands from graham but that's how I see it. 

GMan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now