Dawg Catcher Alert

southbound

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were they cut or chopped? There is a huge difference, cutting is a good way to block a good defensive lineman. Chopping is dirty, unethical and one of the lowest, worst and most cowardly things a lineman can do and only serves to get people hurt!

Cutting - taking the legs of a lineman directly in front of you out(hit him in the shins)

Chopping - taking the legs of a lineman diagonal to you out, espicially while he is engaged with another lineman

I know most of you know this, im just trying to figure out what happened

Falconman, my nephew plays for RHS and He told me of the sportsmanship Abington has. Not much! As for chop blocks the A's are as dirty as they get! I heard it from a A JV player that the A's wanted to start a fight with C. Thomas and W. Lowe to get them thrown out of the game. Did not work so well. When they fired Lowe up He almost took the head off the running back! Keep it up and if the A's do make to the playoffs they will get hurt!!! As for the score. RHS called off the dogs early or it would have embarrassing to the A kids. Our coach has a lot of class and would not do that to a group of kids no matter how dirty they play! FYI. I have the game film if you have any doubts of what really happened!

Last I checked we held the high powered offense to 6 in the first half. Haven't done that to any other team yet. Real class during the moment of slene from the band and fans. It's bad when we can hear them talking all the way on the other side. I don't trash talk much, but that is the most disrespectfu crowd I have seen in a while.

We lost, great adjustment by abingdon at the half. But there were chop blocks holds and late hits never called. No excuses for the loss.

There is no way you all are better than Gate City!

I was there. I left at the end of the 3rd quarter. But heres what I saw, from an outsiders opinion. Abingdon fans are truly classless. When we had players hurt last week their fans and band continued what they were doing, same tonight. During the moment of silence and when a Taz player was down, they never showed any respect. Late hits were flying all over the place. I thought Taz played extremely well in the first half, but it seemed like when they couldnt score to even it up at 13-13, they rolled over.

P.S. I only met stu bean. Saw him in the parking lot haha. And I was really suprised at how many Richlands fans were there, and cheering for Tazewell. It must tell you something, Abingdon, when a team that just beat you would go to their RIVAL school and cheer for them against you.

This is from and outside opinion? This is from a person who does not like Abingdon and has been noted multiple times on this board. So to say an outside opinion is really does not have any merit. To defend Abingdon, during the moment of silence you could not hear the announcer very well on the other side of the field. Nobody knew there was a moment of silence. Once it was realized things became quiet really quickly. On the late hits and chop blocks. They are all cheap. I saw late hits both ways all night... just like in every football game. AHS player (number 46) was literally jumped on top of and choked to the ground in the 2nd qt. It was not right for number 46 to jump up in the players face after he was choked to the ground and was flagged for it. But, it goes both ways. You state that it was bad play for a team to throw when leading by so much. If you noticed it was a designed play for number 46 (who is the new transfer) trying to get him more involved in the offense? It's called practice.

Everybody has a complaint, but what kills me is that every game on this board when somebody wins or loses we automatically blame the refs, coaches, or players doing late or illegal things. Then we turn around and complain about how our youth act and are not able to take ownership of their actions. It's people like us (me included) on this board that our young kids see acting the same way we tell them not too. Whatever happen to "we got beat because the other team played well?" It's football; there are always things that go on in the game that's cheap. It's a two way street. I am no defending cheap plays.

I thought TAZ offense looked good. They can move the ball well and their RB never stops moving his feet. I think TAZ could get the ball to their play makers a little better. TAZ took a lot of chances on blitzing that gave AHS trouble the first half. However, AHS went under center and started running the ball. TAZ had a hard time stopping AHS run game. Both teams came out and played hard and that's all you can for. I think TAZ has a bright future and it's a team that I really wouldn't want to play again because they can be dangerous.

This is from and outside opinion? This is from a person who does not like Abingdon and has been noted multiple times on this board. So to say an outside opinion is really does not have any merit. To defend Abingdon, during the moment of silence you could not hear the announcer very well on the other side of the field. Nobody knew there was a moment of silence. Once it was realized things became quiet really quickly. On the late hits and chop blocks. They are all cheap. I saw late hits both ways all night... just like in every football game. AHS player (number 46) was literally jumped on top of and choked to the ground in the 2nd qt. It was not right for number 46 to jump up in the players face after he was choked to the ground and was flagged for it. But, it goes both ways. You state that it was bad play for a team to throw when leading by so much. If you noticed it was a designed play for number 46 (who is the new transfer) trying to get him more involved in the offense? It's called practice.

Everybody has a complaint, but what kills me is that every game on this board when somebody wins or loses we automatically blame the refs, coaches, or players doing late or illegal things. Then we turn around and complain about how our youth act and are not able to take ownership of their actions. It's people like us (me included) on this board that our young kids see acting the same way we tell them not too. Whatever happen to "we got beat because the other team played well?" It's football; there are always things that go on in the game that's cheap. It's a two way street. I am no defending cheap plays.

I thought TAZ offense looked good. They can move the ball well and their RB never stops moving his feet. I think TAZ could get the ball to their play makers a little better. TAZ took a lot of chances on blitzing that gave AHS trouble the first half. However, AHS went under center and started running the ball. TAZ had a hard time stopping AHS run game. Both teams came out and played hard and that's all you can for. I think TAZ has a bright future and it's a team that I really wouldn't want to play again because they can be dangerous.

I'm not trying to make any excuses at all. We lost plain and simple. Stopping the run has proved difficult all season, so great job on the adjustments at the half from Abingdon.

High school refs usually aren't that great but what do you expect it's not like they are professionals they don't get paid that much so they are only doing the best they can.

I guess you know everyone at AHS. Every school has the bad apples and its sports, people are passionate about their team and their school. I'm not going to get into a juvenile argument over poor sportsmanship. It only proves the single mindedness Of some people not able to look at their team because they have no faults

Just a few comments on the game.

1. Vuvuzelas, really?

2. The QB, Hess is a good ball player.

3. Great sportsmanship during the moment of silence, lets just strike up the band.

4. Southbound, I looked for you to come say hello. I'm still waiting.

5. Abingdon is the 4th best team I've seen this year. 1st Bluefield, 2nd Gate City, 3rd Carroll. (No, I have not seen Richlands yet.)

6. I'll say nothing about the late hits.

hahahaha, vuvuzelas. We used them last night :) quite the noise makers.

You're right they should not compare score. AHS has a lot of work to do still. AHS is their worst enemies. I've seen their big OT cost them a few plays because he wont stop running his mouth or a late hit. Players like him give AHS the bad name. There are a lot of good kids on that team.

Gate City is a good team and AHS needs to win for a few more years to compare them selves to Gate City.

You're right they should not compare score. AHS has a lot of work to do still. AHS is their worst enemies. I've seen their big OT cost them a few plays because he wont stop running his mouth or a late hit. Players like him give AHS the bad name. There are a lot of good kids on that team.

Gate City is a good team and AHS needs to win for a few more years to compare them selves to Gate City.

Please assuming your a falcon fan, tell this to southbound and falconman

seeing how you were comparing Gate City/Richlands game to the Abingdon/Richlands game, just as a joke. no offense to tazewell fans

we beat tazewell worse than you

this is a joke. i don't compare scores ever.

Exactly!!! You can not use the transitive property in footbal!! If you do that, then App. St. technically should have been the FBS National champion a few years back.

This is from and outside opinion? This is from a person who does not like Abingdon and has been noted multiple times on this board. So to say an outside opinion is really does not have any merit.

Yes, I dislike Abingdon. But do you think I like Tazewell? Thats our rival. I wanted Taz to win, but I didnt care. So it was an outside oppinion. And I know late hits go both ways, I saw it.

you beat a below average team in tazewell and now you think you're a great team haha. The Falcons are a average team at best in a very weak SWD. So have fun lacing up the basketball shoes at the same time as everyone else except for Richlands.