numbers out so far?

Lance

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From my count Richlands had around 70 today.

I am hearing about the same numbers for the blues as you have heard . Not to bad a turnout, but we will see how many stay. Always have a few that can't take the work and heat and don't have the heart for it that they thought they did !

I think Clintwood has 60, lost a few and gained a few.

i kinda expected Clintwood might have a better turn out this year after State.

60 is good though...all things considered.

i knew coach wright would turn battle around...

and quick...considering the problems they have had in the previous years, he's come in and done a heck of a job.

Actually, Battle has always averaged between 50-60 kids at the start of the season. The real turnaround is keeping those kids on the team throughout the season (which is more of a recent thing). I remember one year that Battle started with around 50 and ended the season with about half that (may have been one of Strong's years coaching). In the past, a lot of kids have left the team mid season (and many at the start of the season) when they start having a rough year. Then there's a lot of kids that leave when hunting season starts and also say they can't play and work at the same time (though I believe all these reasons just fall back to not wanting to play for JSB when the season gets rough).