Graham @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Graham coming off a much closer game than I thought it would be against Tazewell. Richlands coming off a heartbreaking loss at Union. 

The attitude of the Richlands players worries me. Do they go into this game with the mindset that they never want to feel that way again, or do they go in still hungover from it? I think that will be a big key to the game. 

Discuss.

ah they will get over it..........win some, lose some........mance will perkem up..... gettem focused....the union game, ya'll have had thrillers with them the past few years....and have come out on top.....last week was their  time...........the R will be fine................

From the outside look at this one here is what I can say about Graham.  They are slow but big and conditioned well so Richlands had better be ready to play all 4 with hard hits.  If Richlands has speed and solid tackling then they should come out on top by 14-20.  Graham also has a great kicker and can nail the field goals should it come to that.

I really don’t have a prediction for this game, but would love to hear from the guy that last year said Graham would be recognized by everyone as the favorite coming into the game this year…….

Now how do I get rid of this darn underline?

From the outside look at this one here is what I can say about Graham.  They are slow but big and conditioned well so Richlands had better be ready to play all 4 with hard hits.  If Richlands has speed and solid tackling then they should come out on top by 14-20.  Graham also has a great kicker and can nail the field goals should it come to that.

Richlands has a very good kicker in Ben Brown.  In fact, Ben serves various roles on the team. The only things, I'm pretty sure he doesn't do is drive the bus for away games and he doesn't "line" the field since it's turf...but, he is an outstanding athlete and an awesome young man.

Agreed TrueBlue! Ben Brown is an outstanding 3 sport athlete who is getting much better on the football field also. Doesn't get much better as far as being an outstanding young man. His parents are also as good as they come.

Richlands 28

G Men 17

A team with decent speed can beat Graham this year.  Graham's Defense looked to have made some adjustments in the Tazewell game, they moved some folks around and it seemed to help.  I'd say Richlands is the definite favorite...Graham's best hope is to get a good mix of run and pass.  They won't blow anybody away with speed, but can definitely grind out some yards the hard way....and they have some talented receivers...if they put it all together, it could be a good game.  I haven't seen any "fire" under their backsides yet in the 1st 2 rivalry games, maybe they'll be up for this one.  I'm not sure what kind of speed Richlands has, haven't seen them play....for the first time in years, Graham will match up pretty good with them strength wise.  Richlands is still bigger, but I don't think they'll be any stronger.  Again, speed is a big concern for Graham...Bluefield has speed to burn....and it definitely burned Graham...

I really don’t have a prediction for this game, but would love to hear from the guy that last year said Graham would be recognized by everyone as the favorite coming into the game this year…….

Now how do I get rid of this darn underline?

This^^^

I have seen both teams play. I will say this, Richlands looks very good and well coached, position wise. The play calling at the end of the game last week cost them a win. They were still the better team. Are they as good as last year, no, the Johnson kid was a huge player for them. Are they still good, yes!

All I heard was how great Graham was going to be, it just hasn't panned out. They play hard but don't have the "it" factor. Are they as good as they were last year? No. Will they play hard, yes. Is a kicker gonna play a role in this one? No. This is another Bluefield game. It all hinges on when Mance calls off the dogs. You are comparing apples and oranges. Like it or not we are down and even a down Richlands team wins this one by as many as they chose. Graham beat Tazewell by a few field goals because they scored as many TDs as we did. Tazewell is bad, I cheer for them but something is happening down there and it seems to be getting rough. We will win 4 games and have a shot at a 5th but it ain't Richlands

Exactly why I think this game will be closer..if (big IF) Graham can control the clock and keep the ball out of Richlands' hands...

One thing for sure, Graham is in shape. I just don't know if they can break around the corner on Richlands like they did against Tazewell. Runs up the middle wasn't that impressive from Graham.

I would actually like to see them throw the ball more... I think they have plenty of talented receivers and a couple of QB's that can throw the ball pretty well....If the line can protect the QB, don't forget that V High sacked Graham's QB about 6 or 7 times in the benefit scrimmage.  They have to hold their blocks a little longer...

They made progress on the defensive side of the ball last week, hopefully they'll continue to improve and get better.  Offensively, they have a lot of slow developing plays, maybe they have a couple of new wrinkles to add...they'll need to get the ball out of the QB's hands fast if they hope to pass against Richlands.... can't wait to see how it plays out.

Richlands by at least 28. If Tazewell had an ounce of depth, the Graham game would have been closer. Graham just wore them down with their physical nature and was in much better shape.

A lot of way of predictions

This game was really close, as shown by the scoreboard. I never understood why Graham went for the 2 point conversion the first TD, as I've heard that they've got an excellent kicker. Richlands couldn't throw the ball any last night, and that hurt them quite a bit, and I counted only like 2 or 3 completions the whole game. The D made the stops at the end when we needed it. Good job to the G-Men for making this a close game and putting a scare into us Richlands supporters. One good thing though, I counted only two flags for Richlands all night. Richlands fans should know how important this is.

Why would Graham go for two on the first touchdown of the game?   That really cost them.

maybe for the same reason richlands threw the pass in the waning seconds of last weeks game. maybe the coach figured it would be a close game and the extra point could make the difference in the game. either way i think those who questioned graham this week because they did not blow tazewell out and said they would lose big to richlands well maybe you need to rethink graham or if not maybe rethink richlands and how good they are for they only won by a point. now this being said i am not saying rhs is not a good team at all. but to those doubters about ghs they are a better team than given credit for as they proved it last night.

Richlands couldn't throw the ball any last night, and that hurt them quite a bit, and I counted only like 2 or 3 completions the whole game.

Official statline was 5-13 with 63 yards I believe. He did have 2 dropped that were going to be a touchdown though. Really need to work on the recievers this week.