Virginia High @ Richlands II

V-Cats

BearcatBob......if you come to the game message me I will come and talk to you gladly. I can't speak for Ryan but I'm sure he would to. Just let me know. I just can't wait for the game.

Blueinbama is a good guy and if you have watched his post for years you will see he is spot on most of the time. I am sure he sent out the bait and it was swallowed about as deep as I have ever seen it lol.

Getting back to the speed thing. There is no doubt Brown and at least the one WR is faster than anybody on our team. Zeke is the fastest with Benny Brown and Frank Taylor being close behind him. We are slow by no means.....we just don't have those two or three that can run people down like we have had the past several years.

;

sorry i'm late to respond. Just seems to me you guys don't know how to win without the chest thumping...overall your program has been way down for many years, which, trust me I know the feeling...but once you finally win a playoff game you just don't know how to act.  In contrast to teams like Honaker and Clintwood or Richlands who have been winning for years and you just don't see them doing it.  Don't be so hungry for respect to be given, just earn it.

Finally, someone is making some sense!

Thanks Razor.  I am in Harrisonburg, hunting with my brother this week.  We always take off this week.  He and I are heading back tomorrow morning so we plan on being in Richlands in plenty of time. Gotta' get in the stand for one last hurrah this evening. 

BearcatBob......if you come to the game message me I will come and talk to you gladly. I can't speak for Ryan but I'm sure he would to. Just let me know. I just can't wait for the game.

Glady!!!! Oh, and Razor, sorry I didn't answer your call yesterday. I was with my band in the recording studio and didn't even look at my phone for a stretch of about 6 hours. Hahaha.

Blueinbama is a good guy and if you have watched his post for years you will see he is spot on most of the time. I am sure he sent out the bait and it was swallowed about as deep as I have ever seen it lol.

Getting back to the speed thing. There is no doubt Brown and at least the one WR is faster than anybody on our team. Zeke is the fastest with Benny Brown and Frank Taylor being close behind him. We are slow by no means.....we just don't have those two or three that can run people down like we have had the past several years.

;

Thanks for the kind words, Razor.  It was fun while it lasted. 

Thought you guys might wanna see the prediction and write up for the game tonight. Good luck to Richlands, but here's hoping my Bearcats can pull it out.

http://www.tricities.com/sports/article_9beee680-5321-11e3-90e8-001a4bcf6878.html

2A West

Virginia High (6-5) at Richlands (8-3)

Friday, 7:30 p.m.

Last meeting: Richlands 32, Virginia High 13 (Sept. 27, 2013 in Richlands, Va.)

In the earlier meeting this season, the game was tied 13-13 after three quarters before the size of Richlands took a toll. … Justin Brown paced VHS with 152 yards rushing on 28 carries, but the Bearcats were hurt by two interceptions. Senior running back Colton Staten paced Richlands with 208 yards rushing while 6-foot-2 senior quarterback River Michaels passed for 131. … Richlands, winners of five straight games, has not displayed the dominance of past seasons but the Blues have been resourceful. Ben Brown leads an inexperienced receiver corps while senior linebackers Frank Taylor and Donny Zheng are consistent … Since powerful Austin Kiser took over at quarterback, VHS has averaged 39 points en route to three straight wins. But the Bearcats have allowed an average of 30 points over that span. Senior linebackers Jeremiah Foster and Chandler Daniels are defensive leaders for VHS along with sophomore lineman Kobe Clisby. … Richlands owns a 10-1 advantage in this series since 1999, outscoring the Bearcats by a margin of 403-154. VHS posted a 46-13 win over Richlands in 1999, but has since dropped 10 straight games to the Blues. …The Bearcats have much more balance with Kiser at quarterback, but the size and depth of the Richlands offensive line again makes a difference here in the second half. … The winner faces the Giles-Appomattox winner.

Prediction: Richlands 31, Virginia High 28

I want to wish our friends from Bristol a safe trip to Ernie tonight,  it looks like the weather could be a factor in the travel, the game and the atmosphere tonight.  If it is raining like they are calling for,  there may not be as many fans for both sides as there might have been if it was dry.  I hope most if not all the fans of both our teams do show up so the players have the type of atmosphere that this game and the kids deserve ! 

I may not be there because I have a close family member that is not doing very well and I will be staying close to her,  but I want to wish both sides good luck tonight !

I hope my Blues can pull out a hard fought win tonight !  I will say Blues 35 and Bearcats 28.

Hope you can come BigRhs. If not I will yell loud enough for me and you both. I also echo your words for safe travels for the Bearcats and fans. The crowd will probably be down again but I hope not. Both teams deserve the over flowing crowd that Ernie Hicks is used to. When it is over flowing and electric it truly is something special!!!

Thanks Razor and please do yell enough for both of us !  I would love nothing more than to make this game,  but my family has to come first as I am sure it does for all of us on here.  We're just not sure how much time she has left so I need to be around here just in case,  but you can be sure my radio will be on and  (  as the great American philosopher....TO once said......lol )   i will have my popcorn ready ! 

Hey Razor,  did you yell enough for me........... 

When Ben took that ball and scored to tie it up,  I threw popcorn everywhere.......lol !  Wife wasn't real happy about that,  but i think it was mostly because of the Honaker score !

Man I wish I could have been there to see such a wonderful game !

Hey Razor, did you yell enough for me...........

When Ben took that ball and scored to tie it up, I threw popcorn everywhere.......lol ! Wife wasn't real happy about that, but i think it was mostly because of the Honaker score !

Man I wish I could have been there to see such a wonderful game !

If he didn't, I damn sure did. Being the screamer if a metal band has it's advantages lol.