District Champs!

BigO

I can't help but express the happiness this brings to our football community.  These seniors have been through a lot and have worked hard to make this happen.  They have fought more than just their on the field opponents over the past 4 years.  Very proud of these young men.  They know they have more work to do.  But, no one can ever take away what they've accomplished thus far.  Outside of the folks that try to make a mockery of AHS (southbound/falconman) this team deserves some respect and I hope they get it from the folks that know football. Congrats Falcons, congrats..

Congrats on the championship, but you do know that the VHSL doesn't recognize champions of districts anymore, right? ;)

Haha. Had to take one last crack at ya. In all honesty, congrats to that team. They've went through a lot.

The VHSL may not reward district champs with an automatic playoff spot but each district can (and many still do) recognize their regular season champion. Congratulations AHS.

I realize that. Just trying to have a little fun.

My internet has been out all day  ( because of the storm I guess )  and i haven't had my phone on  ( been laying on the couch today enjoying college football ! )     or I would have congratulated Abingdon sooner !  So congrats on a good year BigO,  they do have a lot to be proud of this year and i wish them continued success through out the playoff's !

Congrats on the championship, but you do know that the VHSL doesn't recognize champions of districts anymore, right? ;)

Haha. Had to take one last crack at ya. In all honesty, congrats to that team. They've went through a lot.

They only done that so Richlands wouldn't lose there streak of 9 or 10 straight! lol

Nice to not be laughing stocks. We will lose a lot of talent, but a lot of talent is going to be there for at least 2-3 years. By then Coach Reed should have a program established.

Ryan even if we go 9-1 I am probably leaving the board. Everything I post is taken the wrong way. When I thought I could kid with you it made you mad and I apologize. This stuff is not for everybody. Good luck to everyone in playoffs and good luck to rebuilding some good programs.

I wouldn't worry about ole Welcher4VT's feelings. He is thin skinned .  I'll wager that he doesn't care if he posts crap that makes you mad so why should you care?  Some people have thin skin, others just like to gig everybody else a little.  Most everybody else is in the middle somewhere.

If I were you, I would change 3 things:

(1)  Your screen name to stop being confused with a relative of MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!. 

(2) Stop apologizing to Welcher4VT and others for hurting their feelings, stepping on their toes, etc.  If they ain't man enough to take it, let THEM go elsewhere. To steal a quote from The Dark Tower -- The Gunslinger, "Go then; there are worlds other than these". 

(3):  Don't use a kid's name except in praise...and then I'd be careful.

Take this for what it is worth...probably 2 cents.

Always a little late replying to threads over the weekend.  Just too many things to get done.  Abingdon played mistake free football and had a big turn around.  Nice to see another team win the good ole SW district.  Although I would prefer it to be us!  Looked like they found a way to hold on to the wet balls!