GC Blues round two

ba961

I thought if the two teams left in the west were highest seeds and the number 1 and 2 seeds in the east had lost then it allowed both teams in the west to host. I guess I had it backwards. Kinda sucks because GC and Richlands both could possibly be higher than the east seeds depending on who wins.

Well, it is time for me to break out my playoff sweatshirt that I wear only to the playoff games.  It is old-school with the name Richlands being in the  "Carolina blue".  I know there are no magical powers to it, but it just has good memories when you wear it--like warming with your favorite blanket.

When the Blues played Bluefield,  I said there were three words that defined that game---preparation, motivation and faith.  Those three words apply to this game, as well.  I know Coach Mance and staff  will have them ready. The team is motivated to continue on pass Gate City, and I have faith my Blues can win this game, knowing what is in them, and not what is before them.

The same team that showed up for Lebanon and Marion, will be at Legion Field Saturday!!!  The Blues are peaking at the right time for the playoffs. Their defense is solid and this ultimately will  be the key for victory Saturday.  Gate City is a formidable foe with a strong program just like the Blues, and it will be a "classic" pad-popping, bone-jarring game.  My prayer is no injuries for either team. 

Let all of the Blues fans be there in force, cheering LOUDLY AND CONTINUALLY for our boys!!!

I thought if the two teams left in the west were highest seeds and the number 1 and 2 seeds in the east had lost then it allowed both teams in the west to host. I guess I had it backwards. Kinda sucks because GC and Richlands both could possibly be higher than the east seeds depending on who wins.

If the two top seeded teams in the west are 1 and 2 with the two top seeded teams left in the east being 4 and 7 then the number one west team would host the number 7 east team and the number 4 east team would host the number 2 west team.

So just like people are saying for Richlands. ....if Gc wins they will travel no matter what as well. Because I'm almost 100% sure that Glenvar isn't going to beat Giles. Looks like a long trip next weekend for either of us. I'm hoping all of Northeast TN and SW Virginia shows up at Legion Saturday for this game and makes for an atmosphere like we always used to have. I miss the days when it was packed and no seats were available within an hour and a half of kickoff....6 or 7 deep on the fences

Serious question here Gate City guys. On a scale of 1-10 what kind of condition is the field in right now? With this weather it could come down to an old fashioned line em up and stop me if you can ballgame. Which could be very fun to watch!  Man this week seems to be crawling by. The weather forecast looks pretty good for Saturday though.

Well ill say this......even last week when we hadn't had rain in a few days the field was still a bit damp and smushy right in the middle for about a 30 yd stretch and also right near the sidelines. But with the rain were getting this morning I'd say it's gonna be a mudfest. It's only supposed to get colder and snow......so unless it just gets so frigid cold that the field is frozen Saturday we will be seeing a mud scrum at the line of scrimmage every time the ball is snapped. 2 or 3 yards and a sloppy clod of Legion!

Just a thought, couldn't the grounds crew have put a tarp over that section of field before the rain and snow?   I really don't see how it could benefit either team's run game in that part of the field, could create turnovers though and potential for injuries. 

Good luck to both teams today,  of course I do wish my Blues a little more good fortune,  but I hope for a good game with no injuries for either team !

I would like to wish my Blues Brothers ( hmmm,  sounds like a good name for a movie )  safe travel today to and from the game,  and the same for the GC fans !

Should be a great game and wish I could there,  but I know my friends Razor and Ryan and the other Blue fans will make a little extra noise for me.

Have a great time everybody and I'll be listening on the radio.