Richlands vs Union, Any thoughts?

E.Z.DOES.IT

why do you care the state title was decided the other night, shouldn't you move on to another sport

As I've said before, the state title was deiced well before the season started. Mavhi just has to get to Richmond for the formal ceremony. I would be happy to see Richlands make the regional bracket. They aren't the team that you seem to think that I think they are. 

As I've said before, the state title was deiced well before the season started. Mavhi just has to get to Richmond for the formal ceremony. I would be happy to see Richlands make the regional bracket. They aren't the team that you seem to think that I think they are.

I really don't care

C'mon guys, lets not pull out our gyms and compare size in front of the women and children. 

Tell them to cover their eyes!

PSA...don't forget your gymmy hat when you hook up with the ladies (or men, or sheep for those of you in the far corner of the state)...

I'm suprised that Castlewood doesn't hold more than 1640....maybe its the layout of the gym that makes it look like it holds so many. I really liked watching the regionals there several years back.

I always remember Clintwood being so dang hot you could barely breathe. Clincho was the same way too.....I think it was the mid 2000s Clincho hosted either the District or Regionals (not exactly sure) that I remember going to. Was an interesting place to say the least.

I think the least favorite gym that I ever played in was Pound. Would be dribbling down the court and hit a dead spot in the hardwood and the ball wouldn't even bounce halfway back to your hand. T'was the deflate gate of basketball.

I know that walker is bigger than Twin springs by a miles and close to lee, seen too many district championships and lee/tw rivals in that gym.

If TW can hold the big red army and Hell's finest, during the Dockery/Justice days, it can hold 1.5.

The 900 has to be the lower half, during pep rally tws entire population takes up 2/3 of the home side bottem (5 grades 8th -12th)

I'm suprised that Castlewood doesn't hold more than 1640....maybe its the layout of the gym that makes it look like it holds so many. I really liked watching the regionals there several years back.

I always remember Clintwood being so dang hot you could barely breathe. Clincho was the same way too.....I think it was the mid 2000s Clincho hosted either the District or Regionals (not exactly sure) that I remember going to. Was an interesting place to say the least.

I think the least favorite gym that I ever played in was Pound. Would be dribbling down the court and hit a dead spot in the hardwood and the ball wouldn't even bounce halfway back to your hand. T'was the deflate gate of basketball.

Castlewood has a lot of standing space that helps it out and Clincho is by far the worst gym in virginia, That floor.

2003 and 2009 were clincho years to host the cumberland

The old floor at Richlands was just like that at Clinchco.

I wish they'd kept everything the same and just put the wood floor down in RMS but I also think the Hilltop is a great place to end a date so what the hell do I know. 

Castlewood has a lot of standing space that helps it out and Clincho is by far the worst gym in virginia, That floor.

2003 and 2009 were clincho years to host the cumberland

The year I remember playing at Clincho was when Twin Springs had Webb, Dockery, Lindholm and GC had McMurray and Nate Clark. TS beat GC but both advanced. At least I think that's where it was played. That's been a few years back...getting hard to remember. I do know for a fact we played there one year though.

The year I remember playing at Clincho was when Twin Springs had Webb, Dockery, Lindholm and GC had McMurray and Nate Clark. TS beat GC but both advanced. At least I think that's where it was played. That's been a few years back...getting hard to remember. I do know for a fact we played there one year though.

region tourney I have no idea before 08 09, I was part of one of the few bright spots for tw in the last 30 years. District I can about remember them all from 2000 to 2011

region tourney I have no idea before 08 09, I was part of one of the few bright spots for tw in the last 30 years. District I can about remember them all from 2000 to 2011

This was in like 03 or 04 im pretty sure. Made two trips at once to Clincho.....my first and my last!

Gym Capacity - According to the VHSL School Directory

Tazewell 3,200

Lee 2,500

Virginia 2,500

Lebanon 2,400

Graham 2,300

Richlands 2,300

Ridgeview 2,250

Gate City 2,000

Hurley 2,000

Marion 2,000

Abingdon  1,800

Galax 1,800

Castlewood 1,640

Honaker 1,600

Twin Springs 1,600

Twin Valley 1,600

Central-Wise 1,500

Council 1,500

John Battle 1,500

Union 1,500

Fort Chiswell 1,200

Giles 1,200

Grundy 1,200

J.I. Burton 1,200

Northwood 1,200

Patrick Henry-GS 1,200

Radford 1,200

Chilhowie 1,100

George Wythe 1,040

Grayson Co. 1,000

Holston 1,000

Narrows 1,000

Eastside 900

Rye Cove 900

Thomas Walker 900

Rural Retreat 800

Bland Co.  500

Thanks for this.  This is very interesting.  This has me now wanting to see Tazewell's gym.  Is there a chart for this for football stadiums as well?

Last week I saw a SC Top 10 play from NJIT, which is a D1 school.  I guarantee from what I saw, the top 10 on this list... probably seat more than NJIT.  Lol.

Their gym looked almost Virginia Intermont-esque, if that can be possible!  This Whitewood gym also sounds like it could be similar to VI also.

Thanks for this. This is very interesting. This has me now wanting to see Tazewell's gym. Is there a chart for this for football stadiums as well?

Last week I saw a SC Top 10 play from NJIT, which is a D1 school. I guarantee from what I saw, the top 10 on this list... probably seat more than NJIT. Lol.

Their gym looked almost Virginia Intermont-esque, if that can be possible! This Whitewood gym also sounds like it could be similar to VI also.

These numbers do exist for football as well. I'll get them for you after this class is over.

These numbers do exist for football as well. I'll get them for you after this class is over.

Thanks.  That way I won't have to do them after lunch here at work....got plenty of other stuff I 'need' to do instead.

Numbers for football:

Graham 10000

Abingdon 6500

Grundy 6500

Giles 6000

Patrick Henry 6000

Virginia 5400

JI Burton 5000

Chilhowie 5000

Gate City 5000

Narrows 5000

Richlands 5000

Tazewell 5000

John Battle 4500 

Lee 4500

Ridgeview 4200

Honaker 4000

Lebanon 4000

Marion 4000

George Wythe 4000

Eastside 3500

Galax 3500

Union 3500

Grayson Co. 3000

Holston 3000

Rural Retreat 3000

Twin Valley 3000

Castlewood 2582

Central 2500

Hurley 2200

Ft. Chiswell 2000

Northwood 2000

Thomas Walker 1300

Rye Cove 1200

Bland 1200

Gym Capacity - According to the VHSL School Directory

Tazewell 3,200

Lee 2,500

Virginia 2,500

Lebanon 2,400

Graham 2,300

Richlands 2,300

Ridgeview 2,250

Gate City 2,000

Hurley 2,000

Marion 2,000

Abingdon  1,800

Galax 1,800

Castlewood 1,640

Honaker 1,600

Twin Springs 1,600

Twin Valley 1,600

Central-Wise 1,500

Council 1,500

John Battle 1,500

Union 1,500

Fort Chiswell 1,200

Giles 1,200

Grundy 1,200

J.I. Burton 1,200

Northwood 1,200

Patrick Henry-GS 1,200

Radford 1,200

Chilhowie 1,100

George Wythe 1,040

Grayson Co. 1,000

Holston 1,000

Narrows 1,000

Eastside 900

Rye Cove 900

Thomas Walker 900

Rural Retreat 800

Bland Co.  500

Nothing against Hurley but I'm surprised to see that Hurley has that many seats 

Nothing against Hurley but I'm surprised to see that Hurley has that many seats 

I thought the same thing. Granted the last time I was there was in 08, but it still seemed smaller than 2k.