Richlands vs Union, Any thoughts?

E.Z.DOES.IT

Basketball seating capacity is very suspect for the most part.  Gyms with bleachers measure the total length of the bleachers and divide by a certain number of inches allotted for each arse.  I personally take 1.5 of those seats.  If only Olive Oyls and Gumbys show up, no problem.  You can usually subtract 200 or so from the actual capacity in gym's with bleachers.

This was relayed to me from the East Rock AD who was putting together a proposal for hosting a regional...if I remember correctly, 14 inches were allotted for each hiney.  I may be off on that but I remember thinking that there was no way I could squeeze my family of 4 into the space allotted. 

Gyms with chairbacks are at a disadvantage because they cannot fudge the numbers.  But(t), they are more comfortable.

I do wonder about TWs gym listing.  I would have expected more like 1900 than 900.  It is bigger than Twin Springs gym that was listed at 1600.  

Following is a link to TW's facebook page with photos of their team/s in action in the gym....

https://www.facebook.com/Thomas-Walker-Pioneers-191860790846213/photos_stream?tab=photos_stream

Following is a link to TW's facebook page with photos of their team/s in action in the gym....

https://www.facebook.com/Thomas-Walker-Pioneers-191860790846213/photos_stream?tab=photos_stream

Do you see the 2nd level wood bleachers? If not draw a line from the top of the white just under the lights and fill both sides

I guess I'll take the vhsl word and say I was wrong

I have played and watched quite a few games at TW. If they are only posting the lower level to the VHSL then 900 is probably accurate.  Their upper level will hold quite a few folks though.

Richlands beats Chilhowie at Emory 65-37. Chilhowie was 14-4 coming in. Not sure about how good they really are, anyone know any more about them? 

Richlands plays Twin Valley tomorrow, @ Tazewell on Friday and Union on Saturday. 

Richlands beats Chilhowie at Emory 65-37. Chilhowie was 14-4 coming in. Not sure about how good they really are, anyone know any more about them? 

Richlands plays Twin Valley tomorrow, @ Tazewell on Friday and Union on Saturday. 

I'm not sure myself, although the BHC folks treated Galax's victory over Chilhowie not too long ago as a HUGE upset in their words.

I'm not sure myself, although the BHC folks treated Galax's victory over Chilhowie not too long ago as a HUGE upset in their words.

I know they aren't a Honaker or Raddy or GW, but some people said they could be in the region tournament. I don't pay too much attention to single A basketball, so I'm a bit lost.

When Talford played in the old Castlewood gym you better just stay right after school if you was gonna get a seat, I wonder what that gym holds? Not sure what it held but it was lined around the gym with standing room only , a player didnt even have a good place to throw the ball in, which Talford could pack a gym but the fact is it didnt take much to pack that gym and you was crushed worse than sardines if you did get a seat. It was fun like that though because fans really got into being that close and that tight.