Richlands vs Union, Any thoughts?

E.Z.DOES.IT

Tonight is right. Union by 12 in my opinion. Playing at home...but Union may be tired after playing at Battle. So they need to be careful.

And Richlands won't be tired from playing Virginia High???

Dream Team rolls in this one.  They are heating up, hitting on all cylinders right now...they might put up 90 on Union...

And Richlands won't be tired from playing Virginia High???

Dream Team rolls in this one.  They are heating up, hitting on all cylinders right now...they might put up 90 on Union...

90 on Union? So they are better than the team that beat Union and won the Arby's Classic? 

90 on Union? So they are better than the team that beat Union and won the Arby's Classic? 

They might be, then again they may not be.  We'll see.  If Richlands is hitting their threes, yes, Richlands wins.  If not, it will still be a close game.

BTW, next year is THE year for Richlands...

They might be, then again they may not be.  We'll see.  If Richlands is hitting their threes, yes, Richlands wins.  If not, it will still be a close game.

BTW, next year is THE year for Richlands...

"THE" year to live up to the hype... Graham will have a group of sophomores and juniors that will compete quite well against them.  The future of Graham basketball looks very bright.

Just got back.

Firstly, Hey West12aaa, suck it. Your hatred of Richlands is honestly just annoying at this point. We don't play Lee. I don't think we've ever played TW. Get over yourself.

Now, on to my thoughts.

1. Wow. That school is NICE. First time I'd been inside and it truly is amazing. Y'all Union fans/students have something special in that place.

2. Union is as good as advertised. They are long, tall, and fast. In the first half Noaks ran wild, but I think we figured out how to defend him in the second half better. He's not ever gonna be stopped, but I felt we did a good job of containing.

I'm super proud of the way the boys played in the second half. At one point they were down 15 or 16 points and fought all the way back to lead the game with just under 2 minutes left.

Refs were just plain horrible both ways. They never called anything with any consistency. Richlands would drive and get a charge, then the next time go do the exact same thing and get a blocking foul on Union. Made no sense.

Union did seem to get rattled several times. Number 11 kicked at Balls head when he was on the ground once and there was no call. Union also had a technical on thier bench. There were a few skirmishes along the way and Barnett and Fuller got into once and got double fouls.

Overall, Richlands is a much better team than what most give us credit for. And Union is absolutely the real deal.

Richlands now takes tomorrow off before playing 10 games in 12 days.

Monday- @ Lebanon

Tuesday- Chilhowie @ Emory

Wednesday- Twin Valley

Friday- @ Tazewell

Saturday- Union

Tuesday- Graham

Wednesday- @ Va. High

Thursday- @ Abingdon

Friday- Bluefield

Richlands still has chances to improve and beat some good teams in Graham, Union, and Bluefield before the SEC conference tournament.

10 games in 12 days will be a miserable stretch...no matter who your playing. 3 games in 4 days is enough to really drain a team.

Don't sleep on Abingdon either.... They played solid tonight against GC. Much better than the first time when GC played them. If they could have hit half their free throws they very likely would have walked away with a win tonight. They really hustle and get after it.

I feel like its going to get interesting in the next 2 weeks. Between Union, Graham, Richlands, GC, and possibly Ridgeview.... It's hard to tell what will happen.

Agreed. I haven't seen GC, but I feel like any of these five can beat any of the others. It will be fun.

Well I've not seen Richlands or Graham...but I can speak for GC in the sense that if they play their "A game" they have a chance to win it all....and the same goes for Union. If GC plays sloppy like they did tonight they could lose to just about anyone in the MD. The biggest case of Jekyl and Hyde I've ever seen... Especially with the amount of talent that's on the team. It seems like other teams such as Union and Richlands are really starting to gel right now and GC is sputtering more than they were early on in the season. Wouldnt be suprised to see Ridgeview, Daniel Boone, and Union really give GC a thrashing when they play next time around.