Way to early? 2016 season

Hoosyadaddy

So, which one of the Bluefield, Richlands, and Galax trio is Graham beating?  :)

My guess would be Galax. 

That was my thinking.  They have had this weird "home and home" dichotomy since Graham came into the MED with the home team getting beaten most years.

Galax is 4-1 vs Graham  since Graham came into the MED not really home team getting beat most years.

Please, allow me to clarify.  The games in Galax have been very close and competitive.  The games in Bluefield have been very one sided with Galax adding up rushing stats in mileage rather than yards.  The game was in Bluefield last season, so.......

Better?

I actually think Graham will be a real tough out next year at home and I think your "home and home" dichotomy might prove prophetic.  However, Graham lost to Galax   50-13 last home game not really close and competitive.

I don't think Rasnic would be eligible to come back to GC. I may be wrong but that's what I was told last year.

whatever he chooses, I wish him the best. He is an excellent player, and like everyone else having fun is most important but winning helps.

I actually think Graham will be a real tough out next year at home and I think your "home and home" dichotomy might prove prophetic.  However, Graham lost to Galax   50-13 last home game not really close and competitive.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the game in 2014.  Travelling to face a well coached and talented team with a lame duck coaching staff on the way out doesn't exactly inspire confidence.  Graham improved about as much as anyone last season with a completely new coaching staff and a lot of underclassmen.  They will be very good this fall.  With them leaving the MED, they will be looking to hang an ass whooping on the defending state champions.

SWD

1. Richlands  9-1

2. Abingdon  8-2

3. Virginia      4-6

4. Tazewell    4-6

5. Lebanon    3-7

SWD

1. Abingdon   9-1

2. Richlands  8-2

3. Virginia      5-5

4. Tazewell    4-6

5. Lebanon   3-7

This is obviously way too early. 

Abingdon returns the largest class of senior talent in many years (21).  AHS only lost 7 (3 offense 3 defense starters) players to graduation.  If last season was any indication they should loaded and ready to make a run deep into the playoffs.

Richlands will be replacing a number of spots on defense and there will be a new running back.  They still have their stellar QB and that will benefit them to have a strong team leader.  Not sure that alone will be enough to overcome the losses on the defensive side.

VHS, Tazewell, and Lebanon are still looking for their identity.  Probably more of what they experienced last season.

Looks like the SWD will be a two horse race to the finish.

AGAIN!!! WAY TOO EARLY!!!!

Sources and observations

-The rasnic family extremely unhappy with lee current coaching staff, I along with them agreed something needed to be improved offensively

-Some players made the comment he will leave, I'm not holding much stock in that. But if that happens it will change a lot.

Sources say a possible coaching change at lee high due to new school board and unrest.

Who knows but I've got a lot of fuzz on my pipelined

Heard plenty at work today from those "in the know" that there will be a new HC next year.  The favored replacement was easy to guess, which is likely true seeing how Lee doesn't hire anyone outside of their school system anymore.

Jp, initials?

Yep.

If Martin doesn't return then Lee will continue its tradition of not having the same head coach for more than 4 consecutive seasons (Williams 4, Kinser 4, Williams 2 (2nd stint as Lee head man), Wolfe 1 (interim tag), B. Lee 3, Hagerman 1, Wolfe 2 (2nd go around), Sanders 3, Coomer 1, Palko 2, Martin 4?).

I see Richland's going 9-1 or 10-0...they will have a hard replacing our linebackers but I'm sure mance and his staff will have them ready.the offence will b fun to watch with john Luke and almost all the recovers back but 2....can't wait to see who lines up in the backfield. Was told the kid from Hurley may be wanting to suit up for the blues. He is good buthe will find out real quick he's not in the bdd anymore.

Surely you're not serious about replacing wade that easy. Not taking anything away from Dillon but he will be replacing a player thats a 2 time all state linebacker. I think you will realize wade was more than just a tackling machine on that defense and team.

Surely you're not serious about replacing wade that easy. Not taking anything away from Dillon but he will be replacing a player thats a 2 time all state linebacker. I think you will realize wade was more than just a tackling machine on that defense and team.

I didn't say it would be easy. I said from an experience stand point it wouldn't be a huge drop off because of all the snaps Dillon has taken. It's not like losing Wade then plugging in a sophomore with no in-game experience.

You don't "replace" Wade. You just can't.

Is Elswick a Sr this coming year? If so, he's your replacement for Wade at LB. Won't be much of a drop off either. He's got plenty of playing time under his belt.

2 things:

1) It's Dillan with an "a" not an "o" but its never spelled correctly.

2) His is an upcoming Sr.

For what its worth, Wade was the only defensive player out during the Grundy game thus Dillan replaced him. Dillan led the team in tackles that game.

2 things:

1) It's Dillan with an "a" not an "o" but its never spelled correctly.

2) His is an upcoming Sr.

For what its worth, Wade was the only defensive player out during the Grundy game thus Dillan replaced him. Dillan led the team in tackles that game.

Thanks for the heads up on the spelling. Kid is good. I think he will be a stud this year.

Wade will definitely be hard to replace. I don't even think you can to be honest. I think you guys are forgetting about Holmes though. Kid was probably one of the best overall defensive players to come through Richlands, same thing for Wade. I don't see there being a defensive lineman that reaches his caliber for many years at Richlands.

Wade will definitely be hard to replace. I don't even think you can to be honest. I think you guys are forgetting about Holmes though. Kid was probably one of the best overall defensive players to come through Richlands, same thing for Wade. I don't see there being a defensive lineman that reaches his caliber for many years at Richlands.

What number was Holmes ?