Graham vs. Abingdon

futbolking

Poor clock management and play calling by Abingdon right before halftime. Didn't get much better for them after that. I felt like after Sturgills second interception they didn't have near as much confidence in him.

Awesome second half game plan by Graham. Great play calling and good defense. The exact opposite of what we seen against richlands.

Poor clock management and play calling by Abingdon right before halftime. Didn't get much better for them after that. I felt like after Sturgills second interception they didn't have near as much confidence in him.

Awesome second half game plan by Graham. Great play calling and good defense. The exact opposite of what we seen against richlands.

Apparently not only did the kids learn from the Richlands game but the coaches did as well. Tonight was an overall good team effort by the coaches and players. Abingdon come out in the 2nd half and was dead. I was glad to see Cousin get the ball more. Great job by Ballard tonight. He played his best game. Meade is a gamer for sure. Proud of the Gmen!!

From the BHC...Cousin scored four touchdowns, all on runs of 30 yards or more.

I think that's why most people, myself included, were saying stop Cousin. I know that Graham has more weapons, but there is something demoralizing to a team to just be run all over.

Sounds like the Graham D was the real star of the game. To basically shut down Abingdon's offense is a real credit to them. Congratulation G-Men!

Graham's defense did play very well. One knock on them is the first man to the ball needs to start wrapping up. They gave up a few first downs by going for the big hit and letting Abingdon bounce off. It's not all about the hit stick.

Cousin did it at least 3 times. That boy is going to hurt himself playing like that. Way too valuable to your team to be on the sideline because you were playing to hit instead of to tackle.

Special teams played well with the exception of the opening kickoff (There was a block in the back missed on that one, by the way)... I am impressed with Chris Chinault getting down the field and making plays and a few others.  Just wish they wouldn't "squib" kick it so much.  Who are they afraid of?  What team is going to have more speed then them on these kickoffs?  Also, on the squib kicks, they kept kicking it to Abingdon's best running back (Fulton)....  Other than that, they did a good job and are much improved from last season.

I would like to congratulate the Graham G-Men on an awesome win against a really good team, I know as fans the Graham faithful have had to endure years of mediocre football by their standards, so welcome back and I hope you win many more big games in the future. Their at one time was a big five in Southwest Va. ( Gate City, Powell Valley, Appalachia, Graham, and Richlands) I hope Graham can return to their on time excellence. 

HO-LEE-FOOK!!!  I didn't get to go to the game last Friday night...WOW! Those cuts and the physical nature of finishing those runs is some of the best I've seen by anyone wearing a Graham uniform!!!  By far, one of the best games JC has had wearing maroon and gold!!!

HO-LEE-FOOK!!!  I didn't get to go to the game last Friday night...WOW! Those cuts and the physical nature of finishing those runs is some of the best I've seen by anyone wearing a Graham uniform!!!  By far, one of the best games JC has had wearing maroon and gold!!!

The runs are impressive but watching the Abingdon kids avoid any contact whatsoever with Cousin is quit telling.

Definitely the best Cousin has looked on offense this year!

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4495481/57efd6a5842eb26c482924cc

Check out the play by Taymon Cooke at the 2:10 mark

Cooke's interception in the end zone on the last play of the half there, why was the play blown dead? I was there and thought I missed something. I thought he could have returned it all the way back.

Cooke's interception in the end zone on the last play of the half there, why was the play blown dead? I was there and thought I missed something. I thought he could have returned it all the way back.

Ball intercepted in the end zone is an automatic touchback in high school football, just like any punt or kick-off that enters the endzone.

Ball intercepted in the end zone is an automatic touchback in high school football, just like any punt or kick-off that enters the endzone.

OK thanks, I thought maybe that was it, but wasn't sure. I remember someone from Graham returning one like 107 yards long ago.

Copied this directly from the BDT..

"The Abbington Falcons Vs The Graham High School G-Men at Mitchell Stadium on Friday September 30,2016."

http://www.bdtonline.com/gallery/slideshow-abingdon-vs-graham-high-school-football/collection_9a7e63fa-8782-11e6-98f2-db78af36bd55.html

Brian, since I know you're lurking...this is the kind of crap that keeps people from taking the BDT seriously. That, and butchering engagement announcements that were already pre-typed for you.