Power points

goose111874

Any quality win by m'ville

Nvm lost to Dan river 24 10

Only beat one team with a winning record(Floyd Co), but the meat of their schedule just got started with 5A Halifax. Still have 2-4A, and 2-3A schools left. We'll see how they stand after that.

I posted this on vapreps but thought maybe one of you all could help. I've been trying to understand it with Graham's (2A) remaining schedule.

Right now they have a total of 131 points. They have 4 games left against all 1A teams. They get credit for 2A points though since they are all in district, correct?

So, let's say hypothetically Graham wins out against Galax, Bland, Narrows, & Fort Chiswell. IF all of those teams beat Grayson county too then that should end up with around 26 wins total between the 4. Hypothetically I'm guessing:

Bland 5-5 + Galax 8-2 + Fort Chiswell 7-3 + Narrows 6-4.

So in that scenario you would take [26 wins x 2] 52 + 72 [4 teams x 18] to get a total of 124. add that to the current total points of 131 [131+124] = 255

255 / 10 = 25.5

So Graham would have a total of 25.5 if they win out.

24.5 if they lose to Galax.

Since all the MED teams are playing each other then it's pretty safe to figure, right? Or am I wrong?

I posted this on vapreps but thought maybe one of you all could help. I've been trying to understand it with Graham's (2A) remaining schedule.

Right now they have a total of 131 points. They have 4 games left against all 1A teams. They get credit for 2A points though since they are all in district, correct?

So, let's say hypothetically Graham wins out against Galax, Bland, Narrows, & Fort Chiswell. IF all of those teams beat Grayson county too then that should end up with around 26 wins total between the 4. Hypothetically I'm guessing:

Bland 5-5 + Galax 8-2 + Fort Chiswell 7-3 + Narrows 6-4.

So in that scenario you would take [26 wins x 2] 52 + 72 [4 teams x 18] to get a total of 124. add that to the current total points of 131 [131+124] = 255

255 / 10 = 25.5

So Graham would have a total of 25.5 if they win out.

24.5 if they lose to Galax.

Since all the MED teams are playing each other then it's pretty safe to figure, right? Or am I wrong?

You also have to remember the rider points from the teams you've already played. 

Yep, forgot all about that. I don't know how these guys do it. Way too much figuring for me.

That's why I don't do it. I know how, but to do it for every team in a division, I just don't have the time for that. My plate is already overflowing lol.

Only beat one team with a winning record(Floyd Co), but the meat of their schedule just got started with 5A Halifax. Still have 2-4A, and 2-3A schools left. We'll see how they stand after that.

I would say they are finishing up the worst part of their schedule. They've got GW-Danville next and then finish with Tunstall, Bassett, and Patrick Co., there's probably 4 wins total currently between those 3 combined.

I would say they are finishing up the worst part of their schedule. They've got GW-Danville next and then finish with Tunstall, Bassett, and Patrick Co., there's probably 4 wins total currently between those 3 combined.

Agreed on the quality. I was mostly referring to points. If Martinsville wins those last 3, they will almost certainly be a #7 or #8 seed. Win all 4 and they could possibly get to #6.

Playing with the numbers, there could be some epic 2nd round games. Will be very exciting over these last 4 weeks.

Yep, forgot all about that. I don't know how these guys do it. Way too much figuring for me.

Like Ryan said, don't forget the teams that you've already played.

If Graham wins out they will have somewhere around 276 points. Give or take a few depending on results over the next 4 weeks. A loss to Galax could drop them down to 257. Big difference!

Like Ryan said, don't forget the teams that you've already played.

If Graham wins out they will have somewhere around 276 points. Give or take a few depending on results over the next 4 weeks. A loss to Galax could drop them down to 257. Big difference!

I see one place I messed up now. Graham losing or winning against Galax will be the difference of 19 points no matter what. Get credit for beating a 8-2 Galax team with 34 points (18+16) or they'll get 15 points (6+9) for losing to a 9-1 galax. Right?

I see one place I messed up now. Graham losing or winning against Galax will be the difference of 19 points no matter what. Get credit for beating a 8-2 Galax team with 34 points (18+16) or they'll get 15 points (6+9) for losing to a 9-1 galax. Right?

Yes. As long as Galax finishes 8-2 or 9-1. If Galax were to finish 7-3 or 8-2 then winning would yield 32 points and losing would yield 14 points or a difference of 18 points.

I like to break it down into 3 categories. Base points + bonus points + classification points

Basic chart looks like this.

1A   2A   3A   4A   5A   6A

win         16   18   20    22   24   26

lose         4     6     8     10   12   14

Then 2 points for each win they have IF you beat them. Or, 1 point for each win they have IF you lose to them.

Then 2 points for EACH classification IF they are smaller than you. Example...if a 3A team plays a 1A team then the 3A team would get 4 classification points because the 1A team is 2 classifications smaller. No classification points if your opponent is larger.

Graham beats a Galax that finishes 8-2..... 16 base points + 2x8 bonus points + 2 classification points = 16+16+2=34

Graham beats an Abingdon team that finishes 9-1..... 20 base points + 2x9 bonus points + 0 classification points(because Abingdon is larger) = 20+18+0=38

Does that make sense?

Yes that makes sense! Thanks

What I was mentioning though is since all MED teams are left playing each other even if Galax is upset by Narrows then Graham would still end up with the same total points as long as Graham were to beat narrows right?

Yes that makes sense! Thanks

What I was mentioning though is since all MED teams are left playing each other even if Galax is upset by Narrows then Graham would still end up with the same total points as long as Graham were to beat narrows right?

You're exactly right. As long as Graham wins all their district games, then it doesn't matter who wins the other district games. Graham will get the same points.

Anyone put the numbers together yet for 2A?

I found some on Twitter. Not sure how accurate they are, but here you go. They only posted 1-17

2A West:

1-Appomattox 26.85

2-Richlands 25.5

3-Graham 24

4-Dan River 23.625

5-Union 23.428

6-Glenvar 20.428

7-Grundy 20.428

8-Marion 20.142

9-Martinsville 20.142

10-Lee High 19

11-Giles 18.85