Power points

goose111874

Oh god,that was so funny,there coming out of the woodworks,lol. Wooooooooo let's all laugh. I'm from Richlands. We got a Walmart and a dollar store too. And a good football team. That makes us so much better than Hurley.

Hurley Rebels 2016 state Champs

Believe Galax and George Wythe will have somethin to say about that. I'd like to see Hurley do it, they're somewhayb local to me, but I'd have q hard time betting against Galax. They've actually played some very good teams opposed to Hurley whom hasn't been tested.

Hurley has not and never win a football championship on any level at any time. You don't match up well with anyone outside S.W Va. The teams in the east have this thing called speed, you can tackle what you can't catch, except a cold. And on State Championship Saturday Hurley will be at home in Buchanan County in the cold!

To be fair... isn't it likely that Hurley could potentially avoid GW/Galax until the title game in Salem? I'm thinking the scenario if Hurley finishes 1 and GW/Galax are 2 & 3. Who is likely to get 4th? PH, Chilhowie, Fort Chiswell?

Most likely. The issue I see is for s possible state semifinal, would they force Hurley to move the game because of their seating. We've seen it happen many times before at these smaller schools.

Most likely. The issue I see is for s possible state semifinal, would they force Hurley to move the game because of their seating. We've seen it happen many times before at these smaller schools.

Yeah... but what I was getting at was it seems as if everyone is assuming Hurley would meet GW/Galax earlier in the playoffs.  I don't think that's very likely at this point.  Fort Chiswell seems to be the sleeper team.  Possibly Parry McCluer as well.  Regardless, I think anyone from the West will have their hands full with Riverheads once the inevitable occurs.

If I were one of the top 4 seeds, I wouldn't want to face anybody that I had seen earlier in the year....

Hopefully Graham can avoid Richlands.... there is a coaching gap there.  Graham has plenty of talent, but a well coached team can beat them... I would rather face somebody that we haven't seen before.

That being said... Graham continues to improve each week and having Dalton back improves Graham's defensive line tremendously...the other guys shifted back to their original positions, which is helpful...  Cornerbacks are doing much better with their tackling and pass coverage.... Defense continuest to improve each week and has been the emphasis.

I think the top 6 looks pretty stout.

Maybe Hurley won't win who knows. But we will pull for them while we can. We just hope for the best. And hope Hurley gets to play at home for playoff . Shouldn't have to change Fields because of seating. We should have right to home field advantage same as galax or George Wythe, hope you guys get to come to the cliff. Goodluck on your season. God bless and peace out

futbolking when y'all faced Galax what did they have success on? I was surprised to see them score 28 bc I didn't feel their offense was that great

It was 42-12 midway either late in the 3rd or in  the fourth.  Graham had a mixture of starters and 2nd stringers in the rest of the way.... (backups on the line)....left the lb's and corners in....Peoples had a long run of 66 yards.  There was a big pass play in that time frame too.  Graham played conservatively on their last 2 possessions and went 3 and out on both  Score was a little deceptive... although I was disappointed to see Graham give up big plays in those final few minutes, reminded me of the Richlands game a little, with the exception that Graham got conservative in the 2nd quarter against Richlands.  Giles played Graham better defensively than anybody that they have played thus far....  

As for the rest of the game, they were getting small gainers on the ground, had a couple of runs to go for more than 10 yards...most of the game 3 or 4 yards here and there....had a good sustained drive that took 11 minutes off of the clock, but ended up with a FG... converted a couple of 4th downs on that drive... Graham held Galax on a couple of 4th downs later...  They also scored on a really nice play fake which Graham bit on.

The minimum seating requirement to host a 1A semifinal game is 2000. Couldn't find any requirements for games prior to that. I would imagine UVA Wise would allow that if it didn't conflict with anything they were doing. They let Burton play Auburn up there in 2013, and if memory serves me correctly, it was pretty late notice.