Graham at Galax

futbolking

Going to be a very tough matchup for Graham.  Galax scares me more than anybody else they have played thus far.  Losing to Fort Chiswell only makes me more nervous about this matchup.  They are very well coached and can control the ball.  Graham has not shown the ability to stop their rushing attack the past few seasons.  A state record was set on Graham just 3 short seasons ago.  Charles Harris made Graham's defense look silly just last season.  With that being said....

Graham seems to play better against Galax when they are at Galax and not facing them at home.... or maybe it's that Galax plays better against Graham at Mitchell Stadium....  Graham's rush defense has improved and they did make good adjustments last year at halftime.  Graham was without middle linebacker Dante Vineyard in last year's matchup, but that's no excuse for giving over 400 yards rushing to a single player....  Linebacker play has definitely improved for Graham and they are tackling much better this season.  Still seeing a couple of players  that try to arm tackle still yet. Got to stop going for the big hit and make the tackle and stupid personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties need to stop.That won't cut it against Galax. If Graham can play some defense and cut out the mental mistakes, it  Should be a good game and hopefully worth the trip.

This is going to be a game that will exemplify football in Southwest Virginia. Physical, run-oriented, with sound execution.

I'll take Graham by 10. Despite the insane amount of rushing yardage Harris accrued last season, that was still a 1-score game. I think Graham has improved, particularly with rush defense. I think the schematic matchup favors what Graham tries to do on defense, though Galax has one of the best lines in SWVA.

This stands between Graham and a probable Top 4 seed in 2A West. I hope they come prepared.

I don't know who to pick in this game. If Galax is having off the field issues again that certainly doesn't play in their favor. I really wish they hadn't lost to Chiswell. I'd say we are heading for a hornet ' s nest. Graham's line is going to have to step up. Cut out the stupid very costly penalties. That's a discipline issue the coaching staff needs to work on. I'm definitely going to try and make the trip.

The "College Gameday" game of the week. Graham is playing lights out and could very well be undefeated. The defense has improved leaps and bounds this year and nobody wants to see Graham on their schedule. In the other corner you have the defending state champion Galax which is always well-coached and ready to play. Galax is coming off a bad loss not taking anything from The Fort as they played a whale of a game. Two different styles meet in this one and both teams will be pumped to the gills. Graham seems to be the pick in this one considering the speed and confidence they are playing with...  but never count out the Maroon Tide. Good luck to both teams and the injury bug stays away.

Graham seems to be improving weekly with their tackling.  Still trying to strip the ball occasionally and still a little bit of arm tackling....but leaps and bounds ahead of last season... I'm not criticizing them at all....just some little things need cleaned up.    It's one thing to try to strip the ball when you are down by a couple of TD's late in a game....but when you are doing it in the first quarter, it's an un-necessary risk to be taking.  Personal Fouls and Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalties, by this time of the season should be at a minimum and your experienced players shouldn't be making them.  I can understand some of them the past 2 or 3 weeks, when they are reaction penalties to the other team doing something it's hard to keep emotions in check.  Still, got to learn how to control that emotion.  I think all of the right ingredients are there for Graham to make a good run this year, just don't want to see mental mistakes cost them in a big game.

I tend to agree with the other posters that this will be an excellent game.  Galax will definitely try to keep possession and they are very capable of doing that.  Graham will try to create space for their athletes and have some big plays by their playmakers.  At least that's how I think it may transpire.  Graham needs to think of this as a playoff game,  As UVA mentioned... a top 4 seed in the playoffs is potentially on the line.... and that means home playoff games.... it's sort of a big deal.  We need this one G-Men.  This would be a huge step in bringing Graham back to where it once was.

This Galax though a good team is not as talented as last years. Line is a little better.Fort and Galax no different talent wise, fort may have a little more talent. If graham and galax's coaching is the same for that night, graham will blow them out.

I believe Dixon will keep Galax competitive in this game but he has a lot more than just a game plan to prepare.  

I have been saying it since the benefit game with Carroll, this Galax team isn't as talented as in years past.  They still have some talent but lack anything resembling maturity, responsibility and leadership from a player perspective and some parents and members of administration are becoming a nightmare.  They don't have the on-field talent to overcome the off-field issues and the off-field issues continue to mount.  Last season, Caleb Spurlin and Charles Harris wouldn't allow this to get out of hand.

In my opinion and the opinion of many others parents, several members of this team should never be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities.  Therein lies the problem.  Those kids are the ones influencing the rest of the team.

Graham definitely has more talent but Galax is better coached.. The same with Galax vs GW. And im sure with the loss to Fort that Galax will come out fired up. Defensively just going by the Giles game, Graham has a better defense. Their d-line struggles but their d-backs hustle to the ball. It'll come down to the 4th quarter. Galax wins by less than 7. 

Could not agree more! It is that IF that has me a little concerned. Galax has always been a nemesis and that will not change going into the

what I describe as the Galax "briar patch."

I like Graham to win this matchup, but it sure won't be easy.  And yes, stupid penalties need to stop.

Graham is consistent in the way they play, Galax is not. They beat Wythe and Giles then loses to Fort Chiswell. Depends what Galax shows up. Galax at their best gives Graham a tough game. Galax not playing at their best, Graham should win handily. I wont be surprised if this plays out just like the Abingdon game.

Having Dalton back on that line helps a lot too.  I think there was a mention of that in a newspaper article or something.  I've been mentioning it since he went out.  He still didn't play the whole game against Abingdon... Hopefully he is back on that D Line, he has good size and speed and has the ability to make plays.  Ajai Oakes has really come along and gets a good push when he is in the game, seems to improve every game.

Never get to watch many teams around that area but how did ft. Chiswell beat Galax like they did. I can't see them beating graham. Not taking anything from chiswell but I thought Galax would beat them comfortably.

I believe that they will be if they cut out the personal foul penalties and act like they have been in this position before. Hard to do when it's been awhile since Graham has had this good of a record. I've seen many Graham teams in the past that get the, what I like to refer to as the "G-Men High". Those teams would lose to teams they should have beat because they were very over confident. I do see a difference with this current G-Men team. I'm picking Graham 36 Galax 28