Hurley vs PM

Lance

How many 0-fers did PM play this season? Whatever your thing is against Hurleys it's becoming irritatingly redundant.

What sound logic. "Our schedule is a 15-pound bag of manure, but their schedule is a 20-pound bag of manure, so therefore our schedule isn't manure at all and I need a safe space and a trigger warning whenever you say something bad about dear old Hurley."

​I'd imagine no different than you did when Abingdon beat Richland's this year......

I gave Abingdon 100% credit and admitted that we got beat by a superior plan. The way Hurley fans are talking, they honestly think they are unbeatable. There's not a Richlands fan that thinks we are unbeatable.

I gave Abingdon 100% credit and admitted that we got beat by a superior plan. The way Hurley fans are talking, they honestly think they are unbeatable. There's not a Richlands fan that thinks we are unbeatable.

​Any body's beatable Ryan and you all got your share of Rabid fans also.... every team does.

If PM wins I'd imagine Hurley fans will be upset, of course, heartbreak is part of the game. But please do not make the mistake that Hurley fans are not respectable and humble in defeat. A few bad apples doesn't ruin a fan base.

I say that about Giles fans too. Yes, there are a few than cannot accept defeat and if you look on VAPreps after a Giles loss then you will see what I'm talking about. But not all Gikes fans act like that

Which has been proven multiple times to be false. Shut up, Snowflake...you're embarrassing yourself, and you're embarrassing northern Buchanan County.

So, someone calls Graham manure and it's a sin? Yet Hurley has 180 kids in the school (which is the seconds smallest football school in VA the last I heard) Lead VA in all classifications in scoring, while averaging nearly 500 yards a game and you cannot help yourself to keep from talking crap about them? You must either be a crooked lawyer or a terrible one because you bend everything to suite yourself when someone states their opinion. Just chill dude, you're really an A$$ and cannot back the majority of what comes out of your mouth on paper. The majority of Hurley's D TDS have came into the second half and you pick 2 games? Graham played 4, yes 4 single A schools. only beating FC by 21 and Galax by 14? Oh wait you say, they're GOOD 1A schools? I thought 2A is so much more superior in talent (a statement you've made before- I paraphrase there) oh wait? I am from Hurley, I shouldn't know what Paraphrase even is. It's time for YOU to shut up snowflake :)

The last time I called you out a few years ago I remember telling you Tech will beat UVA by 3TD's you said it would NEVER happen and yet Tech steamrolled 38-0. My point, You do not know everything about football, you cannont predict the future. Just support the local teams man unless they're playing Graham. Just because a couple Hurley ppl gets under your skin I advise you not to group all of Hurley together. I take it personally, I respect every team and show respect to every team even the ones who have fans that ERRKKK the crap out of me.

One thing is for sure Hurley's season will end either this week or next week and this like my last kidney stone will pass. Hurley if you ever want to make a clear title run you have to play schools better than you and yes (Heaven forbid) get beat once and awhile. Nothing gives you false hope like a weak schedule and nothing repairs you for the playoffs but a hard schedule. The only thing colder than the winter coming up is the fact that in December on championship Saturday Hurley will be home listening to the A game on the radio and they won't be in it and that is a Coors Light Cold Hard Fact!!!

I think what most outsider's and many Hurley fans don't realize is this season's schedule was put in place almost 3 years ago. It's not exactly like Hurley predicted a team that would perform like they have. Will it hurt Hurley in the playoff's? yes, most definitely. My point is, respectable Hurley fans have argued the dominance they have performed with, while most have claimed their weak schedule. Like I said, Hurley has 180 students and it's not like they were a powerhouse 3 years ago. So why would any 2a schools within reasonable distance even wanted to schedule Hurley? Outside of the BDD, the closest schools that would be a step up in competition (In VA only) would be Lebanon(2a), Ridgeview(2a), Richlands(2a), Tazewell(2a). Off of my head the closest 1A school in better competition is Burton or even Patrick Henry, but its not like anyone predicted Henrys Success either. Which I agree 100% Hurley should play them over TS, Holston,Phelps,Montcalm anyday. But the fact of the equation is, Hurley is Geologically challenged for VA 1A competition. Now seep into Ky you have east ridge(2a ky, dropped us) Tug Valley(1A dropped us) and then you have Riverview(2a), Mingo Central(2a). On a normal talent level its neither beneficial to the 2a schools or Hurley to compete. If Hurley had a reputation of continuing competiveness then maybe some of thise 2A schools would agree to the game, but when rider points are the issue they do not want to play a 1A school that averages 4-6 wins a season.

I think most people understand that every team that Hurley plays is bigger than they are. I don't have a complaint about them playing the schedule they do and going undefeated, they've earned that. They haven't, however, earned the right for everyone to agree that they're going to be playing in mid December.... & when a few Hurley fans want to arrogantly force their "facts" down everyone's throats it just turns most people off.

Western Michigan is undefeated but they're not getting any top 10 votes in the college football playoff because people look at their body of work. They still have a lot to be proud of and they make a great story but people can't take them serious yet. The same goes for Hurley but at least they get a chance to be in the playoffs and prove theirselves right or everyone wrong.

I think most people understand that every team that Hurley plays is bigger than they are. I don't have a complaint about them playing the schedule they do and going undefeated, they've earned that. They haven't, however, earned the right for everyone to agree that they're going to be playing in mid December.... & when a few Hurley fans want to arrogantly force their "facts" down everyone's throats it just turns most people off.

Western Michigan is undefeated but they're not getting any top 10 votes in the college football playoff because people look at their body of work. They still have a lot to be proud of and they make a great story but people can't take them serious yet. The same goes for Hurley but at least they get a chance to be in the playoffs and prove theirselves right or everyone wrong.

This pretty much sums up my feelings toward Hurley. 

Sure you are leading the state in scoring or whatever, but really what defense have you played. If Hurley has Galax's schedule then you have my respect. At this point Hurley is thumping their chest for beating up on below average teams. 

I honestly don't think you'd be any different if Hurley played the same schedule as the "Gods" of Football you go on about.

You would still find a way to spew the negativie commentary. I've heard as much crap out of Richlands and Grahams fans as I have from some of ours. Every school has them and it dosent bother me to read them because hey if it makes them feel better more power to them. A small community like ours you have a bunch of kids come along every 10/15 years that are special and it lifts a community up.

Win or lose these kids will be ok the community will be ok. My God Richlands had fans wanting to fire Mance after Abingdon beat them I remember folks at Graham wanting the best coach I ever saw Coach Carlock fired you have idiots everywhere. An old coach told me one time let them talk there crap, as long as there making noise your doing something right. I'm going to pull for Richland's and Graham Friday night while I watch those Rebel soldiers shatter your dreams of a defeat...Yes sir I'll call it now you'll have another week to hate on Hurley.

I look at it like this. I hope al of our far swva teams do well. If you ever visit va Preps you'll see people more or less say that our slow ploddy redneck teams don't have a prayer against teams from central and eastern va. I hope Hurley,Richlands,Graham,union, and Giles all take it to their opponents this week. I'd much rather see the hardware come back to our neck of the woods.

Many Hurley fans have failed to show any humility. Their schedule is weak and they don't have a lot to talk about yet(they haven't beaten a team worth noting outside of Grundy).

Ive said it before but im gonna say it again, Haysi went through this in '13 and '14. Schedules for small 1As are what they are, good competition is hard to find and that's just a fact.

Having seen Hurley they are VERY good, especially for their enrollment. I think they will win this week (I hope so im driving over to see them) but they are gonna have their hands full every game from here on out and are going to be the underdogs, regardless of how many points they have scored or given up. Embrace the underdog role and stop crowing about how great they are

I honestly don't think you'd be any different if Hurley played the same schedule as the "Gods" of Football you go on about.

You would still find a way to spew the negativie commentary. I've heard as much crap out of Richlands and Grahams fans as I have from some of ours. Every school has them and it dosent bother me to read them because hey if it makes them feel better more power to them. A small community like ours you have a bunch of kids come along every 10/15 years that are special and it lifts a community up.

Win or lose these kids will be ok the community will be ok. My God Richlands had fans wanting to fire Mance after Abingdon beat them I remember folks at Graham wanting the best coach I ever saw Coach Carlock fired you have idiots everywhere. An old coach told me one time let them talk there crap, as long as there making noise your doing something right. I'm going to pull for Richland's and Graham Friday night while I watch those Rebel soldiers shatter your dreams of a defeat...Yes sir I'll call it now you'll have another week to hate on Hurley.

Coach Carlock died, dude. Literally no one wanted him fired, at least from 1988 onward.

Get over the damn persecution complex. No one is hoping for Hurley to lose. Well, at least no one was, before a bunch of folks from the Holler started crowing like bantam roosters that Hurley was God's gift to football. The people wondering where the frustration's coming from need to look in the mirror.

Coach Carlock died, dude. Literally no one wanted him fired, at least from 1988 onward.

Get over the damn persecution complex. No one is hoping for Hurley to lose. Well, at least no one was, before a bunch of folks from the Holler started crowing like bantam roosters that Hurley was God's gift to football. The people wondering where the furstration's coming from need to look in the mirror.

I knw coach Carlock died Observer I was making a point.. I also know your the most arrogant ass hole I've ever saw. So get over yourself.

I don't have a dog in the fight.  Coach Dixon has said many times, Hurley's coaching staff gets more out of less than anyone else in SWVA.  He has the utmost respect for the program.

With that said, I certainly hope the players don't share the same inferiority complex as some on this and other threads seem to exude.  If they do, they will not be playing very much longer!

I don't have a dog in the fight.  Coach Dixon has said many times, Hurley's coaching staff gets more out of less than anyone else in SWVA.  He has the utmost respect for the program.

With that said, I certainly hope the players don't share the same inferiority complex as some on this and other threads seem to exude.  If they do, they will not be playing very much longer!

Sixcat I agree with what your saying about some fans being overzealous but come on Hurley doesn't have the market cornered on that everybody has them. I do get tired of seeing all the negative crap and especially derogatory comments from some. Haters gonna hate I guess...God bless you all.

Sixcat I agree with what your saying about some fans being overzealous but come on Hurley doesn't have the market cornered on that everybody has them. I do get tired of seeing all the negative crap and especially derogatory comments from some. Haters gonna hate I guess...God bless you all.

I agree every fan base has overzealous "fans".  What I disagree with is having a differing opinion doesn't equate to "hate" or lack of respect for Hurley's program.  

I agree every fan base has overzealous "fans".  What I disagree with is having a differing opinion doesn't equate to "hate" or lack of respect for Hurley's program.  

A difference of opinion I can understand but a lot of it comes across a lot deeper....I'm done with this...Good luck to all the teams in our area this weekend.