GC @ Ridgeview

Grapeape

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Hoping this is NOT the week Gate City decides to play inspiring football.

I'll say Wolfpack 28, Blue Devils 7

I honestly believe all hope of that is gone. I think the whole program has given up at this point. It's more than just X's and O's for GC at the moment. Another scoreless week this week, people may riot. 

2 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

I honestly believe all hope of that is gone. I think the whole program has given up at this point. It's more than just X's and O's for GC at the moment. Another scoreless week this week, people may riot. 

By all accounts numbers continue to dwindle and our starters are beat to death. I'm extremely proud of our players for continuing to show up. I hope they know that the fans have their backs and this dumpster fire of a season is not their fault. 

Maxwell was suspended for 1 quarter vs Daniel Boone due to missing 2 days of school/practice, caused by an illness. Once he came in vs Boone, I think he had 2-3 reps and his night was ended with a concussion. Wasn't cleared for the Union game. 

GC also had a Sophomore that would have been a promising young man on the field the next couple of years leave the team due to medical issues and recommendations from his doctor. Not sure if something happened during a JV game or what, but Fletcher (#44) is no longer on the team. I had to ask about that after I saw him in the stands Friday.  

Could it be GC is just that bad? I know a far fetched idea since GC is always on top of their high horse...

Sure play calling and such are important but you could bring any coach into some teams and they won't win... 

Classic GC though, it is not the kids its the coach. You all are starting a vicious cycle with that idea. 

"Classic GC though, it is not the kids its the coach. You all are starting a vicious cycle with that idea"   "GC is always on top of their high horse... "

..........and classic GC hatred/envy. Priceless

There are many examples of GC fans talking about the overall lack of talent on our team. I'm not sure a lot of people, who are responding on these threads, are understanding what is being said by several GC fans.

I will not even pretend to speak for anyone other than myself. The following thoughts/opinions are my own.

I'm not sure that Nick Saban would win more than a couple of games with our team this year.......and that is if we had kept everyone healthy. Yeah....we want to win as many games as possible. Hell, as a GC fan, we want to win every game and get to game 11. However.........a lot of the frustrations being directed at the HC have nothing to do with wins/loses. They are about the general direction of the program.

8 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Could it be GC is just that bad? I know a far fetched idea since GC is always on top of their high horse...

Sure play calling and such are important but you could bring any coach into some teams and they won't win... 

Classic GC though, it is not the kids its the coach. You all are starting a vicious cycle with that idea. 

I watched GC @ U last week, GC just doesn't have a lot of talent.  #45 is a solid TE playing FB, #40 is a solid FB playing TB and the QB is ok, as is #8 at WR.  Imo the offense doesn't fit the talent but theyre not very talented either.  The kids seemed to be showing up and sticking it out out of Blue Devil pride, but I didn't see any fire. On the field or in the stands.

When you run   I-Formation 3 Wide and don't have an outside run threat whats to keep the LBs from playing downhill?   Nothing