Graham vs Richlands

Graham32

I normally have my blue tinted glasses on at all times (lol) but this game worries me.  Whether we have Dan Brown and Horn on the field or not, Grahams speed is going be tough to handle.  I think Richlands will hang around but Graham will pull away.  It hurts my heart to say it but I will go 34-24 Graham.

Looking forward to the game.  Should be a great atmosphere!!!

Haven't posted in a few years.  Hope everyone is doing good.  Anyone looking at the stats would say Graham by a mile, but we all must remember this has turned into a rival game in recent years, and being a home game for Richlands may mean a lot in this one.  The Blues are hungry for a win, and the fans are more than ready to see the team put it all together.  Like I said, Graham should win, but is Graham prepared for the Blues defense, and can the Blues score?  The biggest two questions this week.  Even with all the stats I won't go against the Blues in this one, look for the upset in a low scoring event RHS 17 GHS 16

Someone else already mentioned but Richlands offense hasn't put up more than 2 TD.  Graham is much better on defense than Marion was.  If Graham holds on to the ball and scores more than 20, easy victory.  Of course in a rivalry game throw it all out the window.  How many people said Richlands would blowout the Dogs only to be held to 7 through 3 quarters?

The Weather in Richlands is fair, I wasn't aware a lot of the fans were fair weather as well. 

Lest you forget, it's 12 games, and 10 years. 

"If its and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!"  

Graham is a great team, that's what's gonna make the game that much better!   Bluefield and Giles are the only strong teams on the schedule for the G men's and they lost by 3(should have won) and won by 7 in over time over Giles.........

38-19 for Richlands vs 27-27 

If you're gonna bash Zeus, make sure you put some RESPECK on his name! 

maxresdefault.jpg

14 hours ago, EH31 said:

JLA was able to pick up those yards because 

1. Richlands had a ridiculous pass offense that kept Graham (and every other team) on their heels and in coverage. Of course that's going to open running lanes. 

2. He had to be the one to run through those running lanes because Richlands went all year without even trying to establish a running back. 

3. Graham's secondary was keeping Richlands' receivers in check. He didn't have anyone open to throw it to and had threw 2 interceptions by the time he started getting QB runs called for him. But by him running the ball That opened up the pass later in the game. 

I get what you're saying though. Richlands out coached graham last year, two times. That's not debatable. But last year Graham/Richlands were very close to being on the same talent level with Richlands having a little more top to bottom. This year most would agree that Graham is a step ahead in talent.

It's great they held Cousin to a low rushing yardage but that doesn't change the fact that they had to comeback from 3 scores down to win the game. JLA and his receivers could do that last year. But what about this year?

Richlands offense hasn't scored more than 2 touchdowns in a game all season. Their passing offense has struggled and if what I read was true, they'll be missing their top 2 receivers. Their defense has kept them in games but they're not as good as last year in my opinion. Union, Blacksburg, Byrd, & Bluefield all had good yardage totals.

i think Richlands will give Graham a good game but it's not as simple as "look what Richlands did last year". 

Union had over three hundred rush yards alone IIRC.

1 hour ago, trevorpilkins said:

The Weather in Richlands is fair, I wasn't aware a lot of the fans were fair weather as well. 

Lest you forget, it's 12 games, and 10 years. 

"If its and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!"  

Graham is a great team, that's what's gonna make the game that much better!   Bluefield and Giles are the only strong teams on the schedule for the G men's and they lost by 3(should have won) and won by 7 in over time over Giles.........

38-19 for Richlands vs 27-27 

If you're gonna bash Zeus, make sure you put some RESPECK on his name! 

Ft Chiswell is nothing to blink on...

56 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I “can” name it.  But I’d name it something like “Carl Weathers’s Head Circa 2009 on Arnold Swartzenegger’s Body Circa 1984”, and that doesn’t roll off the tongue very well.

”Vulcan Statue” sounds better.

Yep, Vulcan fits. The mention of Zeus reminded me of Vulcan, the god of fire. And that reminded me of how Graham is going to burn Ernie's scoreboard up tonight ??

but in all seriousness the Vulcan statue is something to see up close. I used to spend every 4th of July there for the fireworks celebration each summer when I was spending my summers in the Birmingham area. It doesn't look that big in the pic compared to the skyline but I remembered reading it was the biggest cast statue in the country. I never figured out why it was bare-assed though. 

33 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Neither is Marion or VHS.  Graham’s schedule would be even better had we not scheduled the dead weight games of Princeton and Central.  Could well knock Graham out of the #1 seed.

Central would have been more of a match had they not lost their QB

5 hours ago, GusDaGuesser said:

Our country's fascination with beat downs amazes me. This game will be less competitive than McGregor-Mayweather. No doubt Mance is a great, hall of fame worthy coach, but this year he just doesn't have the Jimmies and Joes. I'm sure if he sticks around that will change. But tonight Prince Palmer becomes the King of Tazewell County and Graham marches on to bigger and better things. Bring on Union and Appomattox. No offense to Marion, well I guess it is, but Marion doesn't come within three touchdowns of Graham. Football is fun in Bluefields right now! If I gave you Gate City's win total +1/2 against state championships the Cities of Bluefield win this year who do you got? 

Graham 41 Richlands 10

You truly believe the spread will be that big when they're playing at Ernie Hicks? GMen gave up 21 point lead last year at home. I'm hoping you're right , don't get me wrong. Blues are always tougher at home. 

5 hours ago, mv91 said:

I normally have my blue tinted glasses on at all times (lol) but this game worries me.  Whether we have Dan Brown and Horn on the field or not, Grahams speed is going be tough to handle.  I think Richlands will hang around but Graham will pull away.  It hurts my heart to say it but I will go 34-24 Graham.

Thank you for admitting to the first sentence!

51 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

You truly believe the spread will be that big when they're playing at Ernie Hicks? GMen gave up 21 point lead last year at home. I'm hoping you're right , don't get me wrong. Blues are always tougher at home. 

Both teams are different than last year. During the first matchup last season, Graham still wondered if they belonged. To me this year's team is very confident and hungry. And a year older. Meanwhile, the confidence of the Blues has been shaken. Putting the pads and the R on and just showing up and winning because you are Richlands doesn't work anymore. See the Marion game. I've watched both of these teams play Bluefield. Graham could have won and Richlands probably should have lost by three touchdowns or more. This game won't be close. Winning at Ernie Hicks Stadium is a lot harder when the Tornadoes have the Jimmies and Joes, tonight it's all G-Men. 

I do believe that this will be the night the curse against Richlands ends but some of these predictions where Graham runs away with it will not happen. The game is being played at Richlands and they are very deep inside the minds of Graham. This will be a close game, especially if Richlands can play keep away and melt down the clock. If Graham does get a big lead, they can't get conservative. They need to keep scoring and play as hard as they can unitl the game is over or Richlands will find away to hang around, they always do.  Graham pulls away in the fourth with Cooke making a huge play. Graham 30- Richlands 21

31 minutes ago, bgibb said:

I do believe that this will be the night the curse against Richlands ends but some of these predictions where Graham runs away with it will not happen. The game is being played at Richlands and they are very deep inside the minds of Graham. This will be a close game, especially if Richlands can play keep away and melt down the clock. If Graham does get a big lead, they can't get conservative. They need to keep scoring and play as hard as they can unitl the game is over or Richlands will find away to hang around, they always do.  Graham pulls away in the fourth with Cooke making a huge play. Graham 30- Richlands 21

During which quarter do you predict Mance loses it and says screw this and takes out a ref? ?

8 hours ago, mv91 said:

3 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Thank you for admitting to the first sentence!

Lol!  Now that's hilarious.  @Bulldogs52 , the most "HOME BOY" poster on this board is making fun of someone else for admitting to being a homer.  I almost spewed my drink!